• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JBSimio Inc.

Started by JBSimio, February 05, 2007, 11:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBSimio

Yep... that's right.  With the help of our new lawyer friend, I've officially incorporated myself!  I'm not really sure what that means exactly, but I'm told it will be good for the bottom line.  Unfortunately, the accountants tell me that I'm still doing all this for free, so I think I may have been lied to.

I will be slowly moving the bulk of my work here to this wonderful little island.  So I figured it was about time I started a thread to use for things like formulating questions, asking questions, answering questions, or just showing off... er... showing what I'm working on.

For those that don't know me, I'm the guy who's been making a lot of schools lately.  Volume Three is being tested and will be out here soon.  Volumes One and Two will be updated and moved here around the time I finish the Add On Pack.  In the meantime, for all you SmalltownUSA and SHUR Project fans out there, my first official BSC LEX release is for you.  It should be up and ready in the next day or two.

That's all for now.  I'll have things to show soon, but for now I'm just saying "Hi... here I am."

So... Hi... here I am.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

dioangel

Greetings JB!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D Great to see you!  ;D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Alek King of SC4

love your stuff and glad to see you here at SC4D!

Rayden

Welcome JB, I'm one of those SmalltownUSA fans and I'm looking forward to see those school packs of yours. ;)

JBSimio

Thanks everyone!

Let's get right into it then, shall we?  I've had an add on pack in mind for the different school packs from day one.  The purpose is basically to allow you to create your own "campus" and include whatever you do or don't want.  There will be maintainence garages for your school busses (which will actually help "save" money on your bussing costs), student parking lots, athletic fields, and whatever other nifty ideas I come up with.  If anyone has suggestions for this, I'm willing to listen... but I'm not promising to make everything that comes up!   :D

I'm pretty excited tonight, because I actually got the football field to do what I want it to do.  Andreas Roth gets a lot of praise for walking me through this, BTW... and Deadwoods cleared up the last bits that I still didn't get.  But enough jabber, I like pictures!

The field will be empty for 8 months out of the year... football season is really only in the fall.  (Pay attention to the date and time in the corner)

The season actually starts in mid-September, but they don't play games all day long, you know...

But starting around 7:00 each night of the season...

There are still a lot of props to add yet... but I just couldn't wait until it was completely finished!  I'll try to remember some pictures of the bus garages tomorrow.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

rw0381c

Sweet! Great job on the football field! Can't wait for the add-on pack, and any other Smalltown or SHUR releases you put out. Your stuff is "da bomb"!

Sincerely yours,

FANBOY

Gaston

Very nice stuff and welcome JBSimio.   I look forward to seeing more of your work.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

threestooges

Oh this'll be good for the bottom line alright (but since you say you are workinig for free, the question then becomes "whose bottom line?"). The football stadium looks great; and the scoreboard in particular is a nice touch (though having two seems a bit unusual to me... but is understandable seeing the way they are situated next to the stands). I am curious though (if it is on this or on a separate lot) if there will be a track (and perhaps a shot put field, etc) incorporated with the add ons. Either way, what you've done so far is great, and I look forward to seeing the football field in its completed form. Welcome to SC4D.

EDGE4194

&apls Welcome JB. It's great to see you here. I'm excited about the school add-ons. I've often wanted a way to customize the campuses, and can't wait to see more. the one add-on I can't find is a decent gymnasium building (hint hint).

derek_pearce

wowo more great custom content woot!
Signature comming soon

JBSimio

Fanboy:  Thanks!  I love to make da  :bomb:

Gaston:  Thank-you for the welcome!

Threestooges:  I'm still working on textures for a track.  How I make a lot for it will depend entirely on the way the size ends up.  I'm not sure if it will be separate, included with a football field, or both options.  My high school had an entirely different facility for track meets, but I know that's not all that common.

Edge:  Thanks!  You're not the first to suggest a gym.  I'm not used to seeing them as separate buildings, but apparently it happens a lot.  I'll have to dig around and see if I can come up with some decent reference pictures.

Derek:  Thanks for the woot (I think that means good...)

No new picutres today.  On the other hand, I can say that my first upload to the LEX is now available!  It's a Mega Prop Pack that includes every building (24 in all) ever made for the Smalltown and SHUR Project Series.  There isn't a whole lot of new content in there, but using this will help game performance.  There are rumors of a BSC Reward chain that may use this pack in the future.  So you'll probably need it sooner or later anyway!

Jon

pvarcoe

Lovely stuff.
I use almost all of the small town and school buildings in my Teton diary.
The soon-to-be released Jackson update showcases many of your buildings.
They fit perfectly in a town of about 10000 people.
I can't wait for the football field.

Your work is extremely well done.
Thanks for sharing it with us!

keithsed

Great looking football field  &apls

It brings back memories of those good?  (pause)   $%Grinno$% high school days.

Keith

JBSimio

Pvarcoe:  Thank-you.  I'll have to take a look at that... I'm always interested to see how other people use stuff.  I usually have an idea in my head for what I think people will do, but I'm often wrong!  :D

Keithsed:  Thanks!  Sounds a lot like my HS days...

Well... just a quick update tonight.  I promised some pictures of the bus garages, so before I forget, here are two of them:

There are actually six different choices with these: Orange brick, red brick, or white siding... each with two different lot sizes.  The larger size (6x4) is near the top-left of the picture, and the smaller (5x3) is on the right side.

Also... before those outside the US start shaking their fists and screaming about discrimination, there will be a soccer version of the American football field I showed above:

See you next time!
JB

Cali

great work on all your schools. and it's nice to see some people that actually still care about quality :)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

bat

Wonderful football field! :thumbsup: Welcome to this site!

sebes

Thank you for the soccer version...it's highly appreciated by the simkids on this side of the pond    ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

threestooges

I like the options for the fields and garages, but I do have one question: Unless the garages are also meant to serve as a school parking lot, would it be possible to get one with a smaller parking lot? Given the size of the bus storage/repair area, it seems like the parking area is a bit large (since each bus needs 1 driver and perhaps only a few mechanics to work on the busses). Although... what you have now is quite nice too.

Colyn

JB ... you are a star ... now we will think a bit about this and look at a way to bring this sportsfields into the game luike Cal's Criket field ... something seperate for the schools ... just a thought and more application of your great work.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

JBSimio

Cali:  Thank-you!  Yeah... I tend to care a lot!   ;)

Bat:  Thanks!

Sebes:  You're welcome and I'm glad you like it.  I didn't want to leave anyone out.

Threestooges:  The parking lots I showed are, in fact, also student parking lots.  I purposely left the high schools with very little parking on the lots I released so there would be more placement flexibility.  I will probably have a set of lots with "garages only" that won't include the additional student parking areas.

Colyn:  Thank-you!  You know me... I'm always open to just about any ideas.

I needed a little break from the add on pack.  Most of the last few days have been spent modding and organizing and basically numbing my brain!  So, I decided to BAT a little (that's really my favorite part anyway...)  Here are some preview shots of how Westlake Academy is shaping up.

My original plan was that this would be part of Volume Three.  I started realizing that it wouldn't fit and decided to make it a stand-alone release.  Westlake Academy is basically one of those college prep boarding schools... you know, where all the smart rich kids go.   :D  There will be a complete version on one lot (around 11x11ish) as well as a modular set that you can arrange however you want.  Here's what I've got so far...

First is the Athletic and Student Center.  It houses the gym, pool, caffeteria and "student commons" or game area.

Next, we have the girls dorm:

And the boys dorm:

None of these are "finished" yet... although the first two are pretty close.  The boys dorm still has a lot of details to do, but you get the idea.  That picture is just two different angles... I'm trying to decide if I should rotate it or not.