• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

cammo2003, if you don't mind some suggestions, I would suggest taking a one way road off the other end of the avenue instead of off the side as you did. Also try to redrag the road to the avenue and it may fix itself where that connection is.  I hope this makes sense.  I think it may make your picture all that much more perfect.

Just my humble opinion.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

jssbrbr

beebs where did you get those tunnel lots?

Quote from: beebs on May 26, 2007, 02:37:42 PM
Intersections! Might as well show off a few of my own. ;)

jplumbley

Some very nice intersections here.  Very interesting.  I might not have something over the top or very creative like you guys.  But its something different.  Do you remember Lakeyboy's Slip Lanes?

Hope you guys like it.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

rooker1

jplumbley, I love those.  Are they still availiable for DL?

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

cammo2003

Quote from: rooker1 on July 04, 2007, 12:05:27 PM
cammo2003, if you don't mind some suggestions, I would suggest taking a one way road off the other end of the avenue instead of off the side as you did. Also try to redrag the road to the avenue and it may fix itself where that connection is.  I hope this makes sense.  I think it may make your picture all that much more perfect.

Just my humble opinion.

Robin   ()stsfd()

I'll put it lightly and say that it's a very, very finicky intersection.

What I was trying to avoid is this:

(Hosted at ImageShack.us)

I want to prevent that movement (Sims can u-turn at that form of the intersection.

Here's the spot it's inspired by:

map of the area

Take a look at the satellite view (which is slightly messed up thanks to being at the edge of two pictures) to see the "genius" of the local planning.

Now, the Pacific Highway is the main route through Gosford (it's bypassed by the Sydney-Newcastle Freeway, but Gosford is one of the larger centres near the freeway)... Two lanes just after the slip roads. It later widens to four lanes, but   

Point taken on redragging the road, though.

I'm not doing an exact recreation of the area (I've never been good at getting the roads in exactly the right spot) but it is a strong inspiration.

Shadow Assassin

Drag the avenue one more tile to fix that little issue. :P

Ah, those sorts of Y-splits are so common along the F3 freeway, mainly due to the work being done in stages.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

thundercrack83

Some very nice intersections here.  Very interesting.  I might not have something over the top or very creative like you guys.  But its something different.  Do you remember Lakeyboy's Slip Lanes?

Hey, I never saw those before! Are they still available?

rooker1

cammo2003, great work none the less.  But try what Shadow Assassin  is suggesting.  I know it should work.

Robin   &apls
Call me Robin, please.

jplumbley

Quote from: thundercrack83 on July 07, 2007, 12:24:48 PM
Hey, I never saw those before! Are they still available?

They are still avaiblable, but they dont work in-game.  They are only textures with a lot that causes CTD.  I have created the RULs for the textures and made them compatible with the ATL mod in NAM.  They will be released as part of the next NAM.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Pikatchoum

An intersection  i made to get a nice Bridge Head. (Easy to make with the NAM).

Travis

A couple of mine from a recent MD update...

Some construction...

:thumbsup:

cammo2003

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 07, 2007, 06:50:41 AM
Drag the avenue one more tile to fix that little issue. :P

Ah, those sorts of Y-splits are so common along the F3 freeway, mainly due to the work being done in stages.

I wish that worked... Like I said, finicky intersection. Won't let me do it.. To be fair, it's a rather tight intersection, even IRL (this one's in Gosford itself, pretty much on the fringe of its "CBD" - if indeed it can be called that.This particular split is intended (IRL, anyway) to seperate traffic headed to Gosford's CBD from that headed to places such as East Gosford, Erina, and Terrigal.

I'm not, of course, trying to accurately recreate the place, though that particular intersection is heavily based on the situation in real life (Even the stadium layout's close!).

bat

Wonderful pictures @ all! Great intersections! :thumbsup:

Swamper77

Cammo,

The oneway arrows reduction plugins of the June NAM is preventing you from making the split of the oneway roads that you are wanting to create. Try temporarily removing the oneway arrows reduction plugins.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

cammo2003

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 21, 2007, 02:36:30 AM
Cammo,

The oneway arrows reduction plugins of the June NAM is preventing you from making the split of the oneway roads that you are wanting to create. Try temporarily removing the oneway arrows reduction plugins.

-Swamper77

I actually ended up changing it to the way it was in the one I said I didn't want. Due to better information about that particular ramp (which has the u-turn movement according to the latest Sydway street directory). I'm not making an exact replica of the area (far from it!) but I am taking a lot of inspiration from the RL layout of major roads in the area. Will keep that in mind for the future, though.

gmavignier

Quote from: Mulefisk on June 21, 2007, 10:16:49 AM
Great work everyone!

Here are 2 of mine:

I wonder what lots you used beside the avenue in the second picture that has no tolerance for slopes and there for made the edge straight. Could I have a link please?

Andreas

Roundabout fillers, a different approach:

I tried about twenty different things in the center of the avenue roundabout, but nothing looked appropriate. So I started to plop some mayor mode tree menu stuff in there, and voilà, I came up with this solution: A couple of Cycledogg's grey rocks, and a few small bushes in between. :)
Andreas

Ennedi

@Andreas,

It looks very nice :thumbsup: and I can imagine an interesting road game for young freestyle drivers/bikers: driving directly through the roundabout, between these rocks - and judges could sit at McDonalds  :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

That roundabout filler is looking very nice, Andreas! :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Here's a few from me
----

Here's a sunken highway-sunken highway intersection, without on- or offramps.

---

Well, this is not really an intersection, but I didn't really find a good place to post this: a sunken highway customs office

---

Here's a roundabout: avenue - sunken highway interchange. It's not that clear; but the two bridges function as a roundabout together.

---

Well err, another avenue - sunken highway interchange. This interchange is more eyecandy than functional. It's way to big for what it does.(but is does the job)

---

Here's a split avenue - sunken highway interchange. It's functional and not that big. It can aswell be used for other intersections. (this one is a jpg)

---

An Embanked - Sunken highway interchange. There's plenty of easier solutions to do this, tho.

---

A perendicular(?) road to sunken highway on-off ramp. Can be used for avenue's, split avenues/double one-ways, or even ground highways.

---

A ground highway - sunken highway interchange. Should do the job very well and doesn't have a big footstep.
In the background you see another interchange that I won't show off now.

---

A nice ground highway with expressways - sunken highway interchange.
A bit big for what it does, but it can be made smaller (but then you'll have less tasty eye-candy..)

---

Sorry for most of the images being pngs.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube