• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Nego

Welcome to page 75!!!

Ooo. What happened in-between your overpasses? Is it because you transitioned to avenue? Just to let you know, there are OWR over RHW-4 puzzle pieces in the roads menu. Otherwise, that's a nice interchange.  :thumbsup:

:)

blade2k5

Quote from: Nego on June 16, 2010, 05:53:29 PM
Welcome to page 75!!!

Ooo. What happened in-between your overpasses? Is it because you transitioned to avenue? Just to let you know, there are OWR over RHW-4 puzzle pieces in the roads menu. Otherwise, that's a nice interchange.  :thumbsup:

:)

No wonder why I couldn't find them.  Why would freeway/highway stuff be in the roads menu? ()what()

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

deathtopumpkins

Because since it's road-over-highway, it would be logical to put it with the other elevated road stuff.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

blade2k5

Not to me, but at least now I know where they're at.

j-dub

Oh, and Blade, I don't know if you already have done so, since uploading that picture, but there was enough room to fit a RHW-4 starter in between that gap where it deconverts back to RHW 2. There should be OWR over RHW-4 in the RHW icons in the road menu like DTP said.

Instead of having the 2 OWR's overpass at the top, you can change that into El-MIS, so you can just have one L shaped overpass over the other ramp and the highway, this way, you don't have to worry about traffic having to merge as many times, not to mention that corner turn where you can only go 10 mph is dangerous after coming down from a overpass at a high rate of speed. It would be different if it was not a highway, but because you know people do not like to slow it down as much, doing El-MIS should allow the Flex Fly curve to appear there, which has a bigger curve radius.

io_bg

A really tight trumpet interchange :P Don't forget to click on the pics for full size!

And a partial Y one

Hope you like them :P

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Blue Lightning

That is one tight trumpet, and I'm liking the partial Y!

Here are some of mine :)
Click for full size (1920x1080)

I apologize for the weaving, there actually is no space to the bottom right. :-[
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

GDO29Anagram

OK Then,...

This time I've redesigned the DDI-based interchange and also added lights.

Now it looks like something that Haljackey would've made...

Plus another interchange based on one that I once saw in the Simtropolis forums. I lost where the picture was and decide to recreate it...

A message to anyone who likes to use these massive highway lights: Am I going overkill with the lights...?  :-[
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Nego

WOW! Those are amazing interchanges there, io_bg. Nice use of FARs and wide radius curves. You've got some nice ones, too, Blue Lightning. I like your use of the NWM and slip lanes.
&apls &apls
Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 17, 2010, 10:55:40 AM
A message to anyone who likes to use these massive highway lights: Am I going overkill with the lights...?  :-[

I personally wouldn't use that many, mainly because I have a light mod that adds lights to the RHW. When I do use the massive highway lights, though, I do use a lot. But that's just my opinion. There are other people who would disagree with it. ALso, I suggest using the large lights rather than the small lights for your medians.

;)

Kitsune

I had a nice T done... but the instability of sc4 on this machine caused a crash before I could save. Will one day have to figure out why sc4 hates this computer so much... a simple click of a menu button can lead to ctd, and you never know when its going to hit.
~ NAM Team Member

blade2k5

Quote from: j-dub on June 17, 2010, 08:47:05 AM
Oh, and Blade, I don't know if you already have done so, since uploading that picture, but there was enough room to fit a RHW-4 starter in between that gap where it deconverts back to RHW 2. There should be OWR over RHW-4 in the RHW icons in the road menu like DTP said.

Instead of having the 2 OWR's overpass at the top, you can change that into El-MIS, so you can just have one L shaped overpass over the other ramp and the highway, this way, you don't have to worry about traffic having to merge as many times, not to mention that corner turn where you can only go 10 mph is dangerous after coming down from a overpass at a high rate of speed. It would be different if it was not a highway, but because you know people do not like to slow it down as much, doing El-MIS should allow the Flex Fly curve to appear there, which has a bigger curve radius.

All the abreviations are French to me, but what I'm looking for are straight on/off ramp overpass pieces instead of road/oneway etc pieces.  The ones I did find are all diagonal overpass pieces, which is fine and very nifty by the way. 

Anyways, I didn't like how my original effort looked so I decided to change it this instead....

j-dub

QuoteAll the abreviations are French to me, but what I'm looking for are straight on/off ramp overpass pieces instead of road/oneway etc pieces.  The ones I did find are all diagonal overpass pieces, which is fine and very nifty by the way.

Oneway Road [OWR] is two lanes, and plopped, where as the 1 lane overpass known as MIS is dragged and in the highway menu. There are ramps and starter pieces for those, but that would be in the RHW transition piece icon tab ring.

You can completely avoid the ground highway under the avenue Blade. There is an Avenue over RHW piece in the RHW overpass pieces icon tab ring of the road menu. Other then that the new interchange looks good. As for regular pieces of Elevated MIS (1 lane Elevated RHW connections) your going to have to ask about that, I have not had the need for that.

blade2k5

Quote from: j-dub on June 18, 2010, 09:03:18 AM
Oneway Road [OWR] is two lanes, and plopped, where as the 1 lane overpass known as MIS is dragged and in the highway menu. There are ramps and starter pieces for those, but that would be in the RHW transition piece icon tab ring.

You can completely avoid the ground highway under the avenue Blade. There is an Avenue over RHW piece in the RHW overpass pieces icon tab ring of the road menu. Other then that the new interchange looks good. As for regular pieces of Elevated MIS (1 lane Elevated RHW connections) your going to have to ask about that, I have not had the need for that.

Found the Avenue over RHW piece and after a couple of minutes of trial and error, this is how it turned out...

Thanks for the tip on that avenue piece, I hadn't noticed that my road menu went that deep :P  Now I can continue with developing this city tile now that that is out of the way.  If you'd like to see the region in which this came from, go to the 'show us your region' thread. :thumbsup:

Haljackey

Geesh everything seems to be RHW in this thread these days.

I recently got back into the game and reworked some of my Maxis Highways. Here are a few shots:

Some Maxis/Real highway hybrids:

Oh and speaking of real highways, took a few pictures and a couple videos of the routes in my town. If anyone's interested here are the pictures and here are videos 1 and 2.

Keep up the good work everyone! I Like what I'm seeing!  :thumbsup:

blade2k5

I like your use of trees around the freeways rather than those ugly walls some use as sound barriers.  Those walls in real life don't work anyways and trees are so much prettier to look at.  Nice work. :thumbsup:

Earth quake

My 1st interchanger with the new RHW:

MandelSoft

Looks good, altough one overpass seems a little bit redundant...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

el_cozu

j-dub

lol oh yeah, I have seen that up on this very forum before, I think there were some other drawings made to go with it to. At this point, I think something very similar to that can be done in this game.