• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Quote from: Andreas on August 25, 2009, 02:37:04 PM
And Europeans would use a roundabout. ;)
:D True! :D
Nice intersections, BL and DTP! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

louistsw

A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

riiga

Very nice interchange louistsw:thumbsup:

You gave me some ideas :)

- riiga

tag_one

That's very small and compact! I like it, I'll give it a try in some urban area's  :thumbsup:

Ryan B.

Quote from: louistsw on August 28, 2009, 08:59:06 AM
I like to make the IC smaller ;D

That's a great idea!  The only thing I would do is lengthen the acceleration / deceleration ramps on the south / bottom side of the picture - that's not a lot of distance to slow down or speed up from / to freeway speed.

newsimaddict

Louistsw: those farms are really nice! the treeline dividing the freeway from the farmland is well done. (what farm pack is that from?)

I've been working on a region at home (based loosely on Melbourne, Australia) and have been getting right into the rhw for my inner urban freeway system...

A wider view...

In the same tile to the east, the freeway has numerous ramps (a total head nightmare!) and new lanes based on recent developments.

Any suggestions are always appreciated!

louistsw

Quote from: newsimaddict on September 04, 2009, 09:38:24 PM
Louistsw: those farms are really nice! the treeline dividing the freeway from the farmland is well done. (what farm pack is that from?)

I download this farm in LEX.
JMyers Farms - Tobacco Crops By jmyers2043
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2004
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

MandelSoft

Seems that you can't build decent interchanges with Cities XL...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

WC_EEND

The shape looks like the real one, but the roads connect in another way in a real cloverleaf, same for the T-intersection :P
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

FrankU

The cloverleaf has been squeezed into a very small area. That's the reason why they use bridges. Usually, as far as I know, the circular ramps (cloverleaves) are laid down on ground ramps and not on bridges. And the outside curves (traffic turning tot the right) lie outside these cloverleaf curves.
In the object you show us here the curves are probably so narrow that there is a serious speed limit neccessary. Not too good!

MandelSoft

Quote from: FrankU on September 15, 2009, 03:02:48 AM
The cloverleaf has been squeezed into a very small area. That's the reason why they use bridges. Usually, as far as I know, the circular ramps (cloverleaves) are laid down on ground ramps and not on bridges. And the outside curves (traffic turning tot the right) lie outside these cloverleaf curves.
In the object you show us here the curves are probably so narrow that there is a serious speed limit neccessary. Not too good!

Exactly my point. Usually the clovers lie in between the motorway and the right slip ramps, so you won't need any bridges (Maxis Highway Cloverleafs are made that way). Oh and by the way, the slopes of those clover ramps will be awfully steep!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sincitybaby

Hey to get back on topic guys!!  :D

A simple but unique creation I came up with.

An interchange on the outskirts of Jefferson an upcoming CJ

metarvo

I really like that one, sincitybaby.  It reminds me of slip lanes, which I try to build in my cities.  ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

j-dub

How about, that slip lane on the diagonal reminds us what SC3000 used to allow? Glad someone else discovered that MIS ramps can connect to other networks without RHW, but for the same purpose.
I went crazy, and spent countless hours, rebuilding a intersection until traffic could flow. Very few of you, may even remember that one video I did, that was in this same area. At that time, where the road was on the right in the top picture, the same spot where that FLUPs was on, only allowed right turn only before. Now, the road crosses the RHW, and has been widened to 4 lanes for through traffic.

As you can see, in the final version, traffic is using it, no generators. Technical note, while that MIS ramp does not have a starter piece attached, making it 4 tiles, instead of five, this is only because of a bug. As of now, those pieces were not remade smaller, and require the transitions on either side of the ramp.  Another thing, is I connected MIS ramps to avenues, because of space limitation. What you don't know, is I had to connect avenues to RHW without a transition, other wise none of what you see here could have been possible, because I built this interchange past the area where it could fit. Go ahead and try building what I did close to a boundary, with a curve like that, see what happens. The ramps connect at the last minute, RHW ramp pieces would not have fit on those sides.

Strategist01

OK, so I don't really go for interchanges, although I do kind of try to make roads that go onto an avenue at right angles...I will say one thing though...I absolutely Hate highways, as I can never get them to work too well, unless they're the only otion from A to B...my Sims are stupid. Anyway, I discovered this little gem that can be made with the new NAM, with the use of the highway to elevated road puzzle piece (I think it works for eleveated highways as well...) I don't know if this has been shown before, but here it is:

As you can see I'm making a ground highway to go from this city, City A to City B to City C, with a being res, B being com, and C being Industrial...This helps alot with demands, but I'm starting a new region to test this thoery so don't take my word for it :-[

The road on the left leads the sims back to the right, allowing them to go home ;D Yes, I know there aren't good distances for slowdown/speed ups onto the highway, but I think it would be perfect for dense urban areas. Also I think you could shorten it to cut out the two road puzzle pieces on either side, but it looks kinda ugly, and should be used only if you're desparate :)

EDIT:

I was working on how to improve this and came up with this:

An anti-clockwise one-way road allows people to get to both sides of the highway, and the roads lead people away normally as if there were no one-way
I also tried an avenue one, but messed up the one way over the highway, resulting in me having to demolish the entire thing, and I didn't feel like re-building :D

Also, I think that to create a smoother traffic flow/higher capacity/lower congestion, instead of using an intersection, rather create two roads that corner away from it, like an avenue, but not quite? How could I merge these into one road? Is there a puzzle piece out there? :p

dragonshardz

try using the road T-intersection onslope piece, and the oneway road roundabout.

Strategist01

Ok, Dragonshardz...I kinda understand you, then got lost at the one way road. The t-road on slope only has a slope ability at the straight road part - the t intersection lies on the flat ground. And what are you talking about when you say the one-way road roundabout?

tamorr

With NAM you can lay a one-way road around in a 3x3 tile circle and it will automatically form a roundabout tha you can connect roads into.  I like you intersection, gives me some good ideas with what to do in those instances... :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Strategist01

Oh ja, that one. I used that quite a lot in some of my cities. But I still fail to see how this would help me here? And also, both interchanges work, but I think the road one is better, as it's more compact, and doesn't add too much time on their paths. The second one is what I thought the Europeans would do :P