• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

That's very innovative, Floydian!  :)  Nice work!

EDIT:  1,000th Reply!   :sunny:

Pat

floydian, Corey, louistsw, and Jdub wow those are very good there!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Wow!  Some nifty looking intersections everyone :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Nexis4Jersey

My recent Intersections from Port Hoboken!

A-97 Fulton Service Plaza

A-97 @ N-8 interchange

~Corey  :thumbsup:

louistsw

Wow...
I like the design of the A-97 @ N-8 interchange :thumbsup:
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

SusanMarie1956

More goodies from Simms Island.
Outside of Sunshine is a major interchange as two highways and a beltway intersect.

-Susan Marie

ramseyazad

Building these suckers involves a lot of cursing - I wonder if it is because of the slope mod.  Whenever I get to plopping the exit/entrance mis pieces, suddenly it becomes nearly impossible to join everything up.  Is it normal to have to bulldoze the highway to get your exits to rotate properly?  Unless I god-mode quick-level tool thoroughly, there *will* be problems.  This has been . . . entertaining . . . in the mountainous region I've been experimenting in.  Maybe in the near future I will try the "easier" slope mod.  Might keep my wife from poking her head in the room when I'm cursing and shouting at the computer, saying "everything ok in there?" 

Floydian

Quote from: ramseyazad on April 22, 2009, 06:13:33 AM
Building these suckers involves a lot of cursing - I wonder if it is because of the slope mod.  Whenever I get to plopping the exit/entrance mis pieces, suddenly it becomes nearly impossible to join everything up.  Is it normal to have to bulldoze the highway to get your exits to rotate properly?  Unless I god-mode quick-level tool thoroughly, there *will* be problems.  This has been . . . entertaining . . . in the mountainous region I've been experimenting in.  Maybe in the near future I will try the "easier" slope mod.  Might keep my wife from poking her head in the room when I'm cursing and shouting at the computer, saying "everything ok in there?" 

Sounds about right to me.

mike3775

Thats why I rarely use the RHW anymore, I got sick of having to relay things over and over because of that issue

jonno

Changing the slope mod will make it a bit easier, but I didn't have a slope mod installed and it still took me hours and alot of frustration to build a simple intersection. 

nerdly_dood

Single road tiles can be used to make terrain PERFECTLY level so you don't have to swear so much...  ;)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

ramseyazad

I use the single tile road zots, but there's a whole thing in rough terrain, where you have to re-drag the rhw and  it changes the leveled part, so you end up going back and forth with being able to drag the rhw and being able to plop/drag the other parts of the intersection.  I hope someday there are less time-intensive methods of building these things.  Here's another one, simple diamond interchange I did.  It's in the upper right corner.  I know it's not normal to have all the entrances and exits on the left, but hey, if the sims get in more car accidents, it'd be entertaining.  Lucky for the world I'm not a traffic engineer.

mike3775

I always only do the left side ramps, to save room on interchanges

The only time I do right side ramps is when it goes highway to highway

MandelSoft

Left side ramps? I've only used that feature twice. Most of the time, I build the RHW side by side to save space.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mike3775

I like using the RHW along with the maxis highways.  I use the RHW as local lanes, and the maxis highway as the express lanes, and every so often, I have exits between the two to allow my sims to switch between the local/express lanes

riiga

Here's two intersections:

Avenue intersection with roundabouts

RHW interchange. This one looks a bit ugly since I use European textures but standard RHW textures. I don't like the 3.0 version European ones :/

- riiga

darraghf

Nice looking Interchanges Riiga. I see you only wanted us to concentrate on the intersections themselves by blurring any settlement! I do think it would look a lot better with the 3.0 euro textures, but it still looks great!
I'd love to see more.

-Darraghf
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

nerdly_dood

I have been unable to install SC4 for quite some time now, and was only recently able to create this:

I figured that wasn't complicated enough, so I added another highway to it:

That wasn't detailed enough so I made a huge mosaic of it, almost 4000 pixels wide, 11.7 megabytes and too big for PhotoBucket or Imageshack. Here's a thumbnail from ImageHost.org:

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

ShadeSlayer

straha

This is an intersection of sorts...I suppose...It's between a bridge and a hill.  That's an RHW-4 running through the hill as a bridge.  I checked the paths, and they are all running correctly.

- Straha, the Bard of Hackney