• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riiga

My first post in this thread. I hope you like it.

Same as above, but from a different angle.

Small interchange just outside the city.

Simple RHW Interchange.

I built this when I had nothing better to do.

j-dub

That GLR one looks crazy, but could we not use PNGs at least that size?
Heres something I would like to show.

jpc26

whoa..where did you get that intersection j-dub??  :o

j-dub

The intersection? Try here- http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1606/vs5x501ri5.jpg
However, the other stuff that makes this intersection is all unreleased stuff, except for the car. The American Turning Lane texture, I think thats what it was called, was but is no longer availble. There are textures archived, you may or may not find in the SC4 community with the word ONLY on them.

bat

Welcome to this site, riiga! And nice first shots there! :thumbsup:

That intersection looks great, j-dub! :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

Here's some weird two-way roundabout thing I thought up.

Here's the merging area on the north and south ends:

and here's the merging area on the east and west ends:

Here's a compact diamond interchange:

And here's an annoying problem I get often when trying to use highway smooth curve ramps for a right turn:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Patricius Maximus

The first one is a three-level stacked roundabout variant.

With the smooth curves, I'd advise plopping them after you drag the highway.

c0rnh0li0

rooker1

You can find those tunnel underpasses here.  They are made by Buddybud and he also has a lot of other great things you can find on the STEX.

Good luck,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

c0rnh0li0

j-dub

I got a tough tounge one, it doesn't look like it, but lets see anybody else just try to make it, lets see how that goes with getting ramps, and a network to go all the way under. Most importanly is the avenue, which can drag under the highway, but not under the avenue. The avenue uses the puzzle piece. I had some tricks up my sleeve for getting this to work right.

(highway texture by mrtnrln)

nerdly_dood

More from the Dood!

First of all, I should point out that most roundabouts on RHD countries restrict you to driving counterclockwise around it, but my roundabout stack allows you to go either way.

A trumpet interchange

A diamond interchange similar to the one above, except it is COMPLTETELY flat and none goes very far above ground level.  (I may have forgotten to connect the subway lines underneath it...)

A weird clovery-curvy-diamondy-trumpety thing...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

pagenotfound

Its a screwed up turbine interchange
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

bat

Your intersections are looking wonderful, @ all!
Fantastic pictures of them.

cape44

My first tutorial on TSC.com Beware in french language!

Have a look at the NAM Thread ==>  NWM
My région : San Francisco & suburb... coming soon on tsc.com

Pat

J-dub first off congrats on your association to the NAM Team!!! Second love those intersections and that one with the ave and highway!!!

Nerdly those are sweet RHW stuff!!!

Rob that is just insane!!! That is all I got to say hehehee

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

A200

Here are some of my interchanges. Pretty boring  &mmm

First up we have the Chambers Flats Motorway exit for Auburn Road:
(the landscaping has not been done yet as the motorway was recently completed, 6 years behind schedule)

Secondly is another interchange on the CFM, this exit is for Canberra (industrial district). Landscaping has been completed here.

Our third interchange on the CFM is for Kingston (residential town). As you can see, the interchange is close to Schools, Hospitals and Police for easy access.

Finally, here is a roundabout in Faire, which is a city in another region. The overpasses are each one way so North/South traffic can skip the roundabout. Noone likes to use it :( (there was a pathing issue with these overpasses but it has been fixed, i can drive across them successfully).

Thanks for looking. I know I am bad at interchanges (although I have been playing the game since 2005) as I like to make mine realistic and not complicated.. (i don't fall for eye candy tunnels either  %wrd)

A200

j-dub

@Nerdly Dood, classic real life style, @Pagenotfound, looks tricky, real tricky. Thanks Pat, being more involved in the community is great. @A200, the last one is fancy, especially the gold statue. Its great having the option to avoid driving in the circle.

deathtopumpkins

Nerdly_dood: I like the "weird clovery-curvy-diamondy-trumpety thing," as well as the regular old trumpet. And nice textures! ;) :D

A200: Those are pretty good. That looks like a very efficient motorway. [HINT: minimize the UI and press CTRL+SHIFT+S to take a screenshot]
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

Some great looking intersections there, A200! The last one is really looking wonderful... ;)