• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

Here are a few interchanges from a city I'm preparing for use in my CJ:

First there's the simple roundabout T intersection with an overpass:

Next there's a 4-way variation of that one with underground express lanes on either side of one way and overpass express lanes going the other way:

A close up of the center

Then there's my own flavor of T intersection, with express lanes for the highway that doesn't end on the ground going one way and underground the other:

A closer detail of one side where the lanes merge (It's the same on the other side)

Then I figured I'd have another highway continue nearby, and kinda smushed the interchanges together (The end of the T-interchange with the Avenue Y-stack is at the very top)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

jjune4991

wow nerdly_dood! those are some great interchanges! i gotta say, that those are some of the best interchanges i've seen here. i especially love the t-intersection and the 4-way with the traffic circles. great job!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

Patricius Maximus

nerdly_dood: Better make sure that those roundabouts don't have high traffic volume, as they can't cope with it. However, they are pretty. Good beautification work  :thumbsup:

For my personal use, I have devised a new classification system for parclos. It's based on the Ontario system, and neatly describes every parclo I have with three-character efficiency.

Here's how it works:

First Letter:
‘A’ is used if there is 2 full loop ramps in opposite quadrants.
‘B’ is used if there is 2 full loop ramps in adjacent quadrants.
‘C’ is used if there is only 1 full loop ramp.

Second Number:
1, 2, 3, or 4 is how many quadrants the interchange contains.

Third Number:
0, 1, 2, or 3 is how many quadrants contain only directional ramps and no loop ramps.

Some examples are used in this post. For easy reference, some of them are also labeled with the Ontario classification.

Here is a monster interchange which consist of a cloverstack and a diamond mixed together with C/D roads to prevent weaving:

A simple three-level stacked roundabout:

Avenue-Avenue Volleyball interchange:

Roundabout interchange. This one is most efficient in traffic flow:

An urban diamond:

A parclo. It is a C32 under my classification:

Another parclo. It is an A20 under my classification. It's Ontario classification is B2:

A large and sloped Semi-Directional T:

Lastly, a freeway terminus:

Please post comments and/or suggestions.

Haljackey

nerdly_dood:  wow, amazing job!
-One comment.  About your "unique" T-intersection, there is no need for that tunnel/bypass.  One lane on the Y-stack continues, so, I am assuming that you think only the lanes diverge.  However, it is an interesting concept that makes even me  ()what()!

Patricius Maximus:  You use a very interesting concept to classify parclos.  However, the one you did post (the A-2), it is actually a B-2!  If the loops were reversed it would be a A-2.

Anyways while I am here allow me to post 2 pics.

As always, click for full resolution! (1920x1200).

Curved loop ramp and gentle slopes:

A new, large intersection I have been working on.

Best,
-Haljackey

Patricius Maximus

It slipped my mind  ::)
Well, I'll modify it to the correct classification.

theblueofliverpool

Great interchange for all &apls &apls &apls But do someone think about to make a spaghetti interchange? $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

nerdly_dood

@ Haljackey:  Those are bypass lanes that negate the need for Sims to drive through that mess of asphalt spaghetti they call an Avenue Y-Stack.  Drivers on the 6-lane Maxis highway, however, can't have such a bypass because their highway ends when it intersects the 4-lane RHW.  I figured that it would be easier for them to just merge to the right, stay there a while, then merge ot the left again without wondering if they're on the right lane with all those diverging and converging ramps. Also, they can still use 2 lanes as they continue past the interchange, whereas if the bypass lanes didn't exist there would still be only one lane for each direction until they were through the interchange.  The word bottleneck comes to mind.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

MandelSoft

I wonder what the classification is for the parclo at the left of this mosaic is:

From Nieuwlanderveen, Imaginia

EDIT: I bet someone hasn't made this:

From Konradedal, Imaginia

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jjune4991

nice mosaic. i didnt realize what you meant until i clicked on the picture, and saw the interchange, which is sweet! and what do you mean you bet no one has made one of those? i made one and you can see in earlier, and lots of people have made t-intersections. though it is a good intersection. i like how you carved out the mountain to make room for it.
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: mrtnrln on July 11, 2008, 01:28:55 AM
I wonder what the classification is for the parclo at the left of this mosaic is:

From Nieuwlanderveen, Imaginia

Under my classification it'd be a B-20.

Not sure about the Ontario classification. Maybe an AB2?

Keep showing some intersections!

quackmofro

Wow. These are some great interchanges here. I like what I see.

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on July 09, 2008, 04:11:41 PM

It looks like on the right side, the exit ramp that curves up to the road starts going in the wrong direction, just based on the side of the yellow stripe. I don't know if you've already spotted this.

Patricius Maximus

Yes, I spotted it  $%Grinno$%. It has since been corrected  ;D

MandelSoft

Quote from: jjune4991 on July 11, 2008, 07:56:00 AM
nice mosaic. i didnt realize what you meant until i clicked on the picture, and saw the interchange, which is sweet! and what do you mean you bet no one has made one of those? i made one and you can see in earlier, and lots of people have made t-intersections. though it is a good intersection. i like how you carved out the mountain to make room for it.

I meant that I think no-one has ever tried it with an half-avenue
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Great pictures of your intersections there, @ all! Wonderful work on them!!! :thumbsup:

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nexis4Jersey

oh my that's something new and interesting!

sincitybaby

Of all 8 freeway junctions in the New Mombasa Metro, where I-610 meets I-10 is the most vital junction in the whole city.  It is the crossroads of the suburbs and I consider it to be my best interchange yet.  It is a modified cloverleaf designed to handle most of the traffic that heads south on I-610. The landscaping is yet to be completed however.

An overview, notice the heavy rail that burrows beneath.

The east end of the interchange, which is the furthest along in terms of landscaping.

bat

Looks very nice, io_bg! And welcome to this site!

Yours is also looking fantastic, sincitybaby! ;)

CasperVg

Some engineers wanted to prove themselves...

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube