• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Stop teasing us :(

* star.torturer cries
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CasperVg

Looks really good, S.A. & Mrtn!  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Patricius Maximus

Shadow Assassin: Will that be released soon? I see a turning ramp and a MAVE. I'm waiting for the MAVEs most of all....

mrtnrln: Pretty good Directional T's and parclos there. They look great  :thumbsup:

Here I present my largest and most complex interchange yet:

Please click for full resolution.

It combines elements of partial diamonds, partial cloverleafs, and a cloverstack. While it may consist of many partial interchanges, as a whole it is complete.

Please post comments and/or suggestions.

Haljackey

Patricius Maximus:  Looks very good, but you have a error on the curve between the two RHW tunnels.  Make sure the paved shoulder matches up in the same direction or else it will get no use!

Patricius Maximus

Hal, click for full resolution. You'll see that the "error" is just a misalignment between the snapshots used to make the huge picture. It is completely functional.

j-dub

@Shadow Assassin: Why did you change the center line down the Euro Mave with a stripped one? Does that even exist?

Shadow Assassin

Quote@Shadow Assassin: Why did you change the center line down the Euro Mave with a stripped one? Does that even exist?

Indeed it does. You just got to look, that's all. :P

Link

Link
You can see that the dashed lines continue across this street intersection. I'll be reworking the textures so they actually match up properly...

Dashed lines signify you're allowed to turn across the line. Solid line means you can't.

By the way, that stretch of road is what I'm basing the MAVE off. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

Actually, I can't see. Both links lead to this-
QuoteWhere sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region. Try zooming out for a broader look.
It takes a while loading, and I have kept zooming out, and theres nothing but that message all over the place. I'll take your word for it, though I can't see what your talking about.

etherian

Hey j-dub, I had a look at the link too and it only loads at one zoom level - and I can't move around, when I do, it comes up with the message that you have quoted. ;D But I guess from I can see, what SA has done exists!
Wonderful teaser too SA, I caught them over at the NVM thread first - I can't cope with looking at them and not having them to mess around with :P

But back to business with this thread.

A simple folded-diamond connecting to a main road - click the image to see a higher resolution version (1MB)

Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

Shadow Assassin

QuoteHey j-dub, I had a look at the link too and it only loads at one zoom level - and I can't move around, when I do, it comes up with the message that you have quoted. Grin But I guess from I can see, what SA has done exists!

Most unusual. I can see everything on that map just fine. It's a strange little issue. I'll post pictures when I can. :P

Meanwhile, etherian, that looks great.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

@Etherian Looking great  :thumbsup: especially with the use of elevations in the landscape.

eggman121

Here are a few interchanges i have made.  hope you like them ;)

This is also my first post on sc4d. yay

Trumpet interchanges

Compact inner city interchange

Full highway interchange

JoeST

Very nice Interchanges you have there eggman121

Hope you stay around to post some more ;)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

rooker1

eggman121, fantastic pictures.  I reall ylike the third one.  One of these days soon you'll see something very interesting and similiar to what you did in that pictures in my MD.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

pagenotfound

Very nicely done egg and SA! &apls

SA is being mean again - he wont stop teasing us!
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

jmdude1

great work on the interchanges everyone.  a couple of questions though, for anyone who might know.

1. how did eggman make his compact inner city interchange?  are those roads directly beside the ave. underpass from marrast?  thats a great example of a very useful interchange. i wonder if this actually works in game (ie. cars going straight through would use the underpass rather than the sideroads)?

2. i wonder where etherian got the tunnel entrance just above the obelisk?  was that made by a japanese batter? i think i used to have it but there were a lot of pieces to the set.

thanks for any help!

edit: i found the answer to question 1, at least the part about the roads being made by marrast.

eggman121

To answer some of your questions the Compact inner city interchange is fully functional

The side ramps used are the marrist M-TEL side ramps which can be found here

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1178

I'm glad everyone likes them :thumbsup:

etherian

Quote from: jmdude1 on June 19, 2008, 02:50:48 PM
2. i wonder where etherian got the tunnel entrance just above the obelisk?  was that made by a japanese batter? i think i used to have it but there were a lot of pieces to the set.

Those are buddybud's underpass lots, they don't exist on the LEX or STEX anymore, but if you google buddybud & underpass you should find them - here's a link
Careful when you use them though, they require power because they are actually subway connections. And from what I am seeing in game, I believe they only allow car traffic through, no buses, no trucks - but I like how they look, although it is weird without euro textures ;D

Excellent showcase of interchanges eggman121! And welcome to SC4D ;)
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

Tarkus

eggman, those are some absolutely fine looking interchanges!  Quite a way to make your first post, too--welcome to SC4D! :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ryan B.

etherian:  From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for pointing me to Buddybud's underpass stuff!  I've been looking for it for a long time.

Now my interchanges are going to be so much better . . . . *evil laugh*