• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 10!

Two very nice interchanges there, caspervg!
Also like the using of trees (/details)!

CasperVg

Thank you very much
@ Filasimo: i tried them on the T-interchange, but they didn't really work out, as some of the diagonal roads are just to small, so do they don't fit everywhere (i like symmetry)

Here's a folded diamond, didn't detail it as much as I didn't with the prior ones, just due to time constraints.

My next attempt will, most likely; be a partial (6ramp) clover, like these ones (I think i'll make the latter)

(thanks to kurumi's field guide to interchanges! - Linky!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Cockatoo-210893

Woah, caspervg, that's real creative! Very nice use of the RHW and the tunnels going underneath are a great idea.  :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Here I am, once again  $%Grinno$%

It's a 8-ramp Cloverleaf; with an underpass. It features on-off lanes, so traffic flow doesn't get as interrupted as in normal Clovers.
People have to ramp onto the secondary Highway in order to access the on-offs to the vertical highway. I've included both a non-florished and a detailed version. The clover itself is really huge, I should show a compare-shot with a Maxis Cloverleaf... hehe...

Non-detailed, to show how it works.

And detailed!

Please also notice that I build my interchanges in a non-realistic way; there's no differences in height, nor is there any civilisation in any proximity of the interchange (that's why they are so huge)
If I can figure out how to do it, I might create a flash-version of this one (the clover), that will show detail shots of it aswell.

Here's another one I just dug up, it's a T-intersection between two embanked RHW4s. The ramps leading on and off are embanked themselves, but the ground within them is not.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Haljackey

caspervg: Impressive cloverleaf!  Its a bit too big for my liking, but would work well in rural areas where there is ample area.

Anyways,

Quote from: caspervg on January 13, 2008, 10:55:11 AM

Haljackey: would you mind posting an picture from the intersection above, with the game only showing zones (no buildings)
That way I could familiarize with that nice interchange.

Don't worry, I didn't forget about that.  Here is what you asked for. Sorry the bottom panel is there, I couldn't figure out how to remove it while having the game only display zones.   :bomb:

North:

Centre:

South:

Further South (RHW widening/narrowing)

If you want to see more, I have added additional pictures of this in my CJ over @ ST, and it will be over here in my MD soon too! (Links in my signature)

Best,
-Haljackey

bat

Nice intersections there, Haljackey!

These are some great new intersections there, caspervg! I like them! :thumbsup:

Ryan B.

Later tonight, I'll have pics of a real, bona-fide 'can of worms'.  Stay tuned!

dsrwhat316

whoa, some impressive work, caspervg:thumbsup:
nice use of the RHW, haljackey&apls

here's my interchange/intersection:

I just made a tutorial today on how to build this. For those who want to know how, just click the link in my sig for the sloped interchange tutorial. Enjoy!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Ryan B.

Well, here it is, like I promised!  I present the South Sabreton MixMaster Interchange:

Link to full image:  http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1760/ssabretonmixmasterte5.jpg

EDIT:  150th Post!

Haljackey

Nice job burgsabre87!

Just one question: Why does the diagonal highway on the bottom left/right just end with a road intersection?

Congrats on making 150 posts too!

Ryan B.

Quote from: Haljackey on January 19, 2008, 04:28:33 PM
Nice job burgsabre87!

Just one question: Why does the diagonal highway on the bottom left/right just end with a road intersection?

Congrats on making 150 posts too!
'Cause my diagonal avenue / one way road transitions aren't working the way they should.  If I could fix that, it'd be a ton better.

bat

Great intersection there, Dan!

Great work on that, burgsabre87!

j-dub

@bugsabre87  The diagonal avenue/diagonal oneway issue has been brought up before. Someone said it has something to do with the reduced one way arrows causing an issue. Now, suposebly when you temporarily take that dat file out, and play the game with the oneway arrows in, you should get the correct intersection for the diagonal ave/oneway, I haven't tried it myself though. Anyway, though, back to intersections. It seems when you cross the RHW MIS ramp over an Avenue, you get traffic lights, but in my case, I ended the MIS ramp with a oneway for turning lanes, coming off I-55 to Weber Rd. Also, I thought signage would be appropriate to attempt reality.

Detail 1, Hwy Sign I made. Pole from IL

Detail 2 Pay no attention to the avenue, but the sign here, it reads I-55 North to Chicago, I-55 South to Bloomington
In case your wondering, the signs are made from the ground up in gmax, fontface and everything, the font I used is HitTheRoad, not Arial Black, I recommend anyone making signs for America uses that font face, it looks real.

And no, its not finished, the Roads are okay, but I have alot more detailing here.
Heres the real area
GO SEE

praiodan

Here's one I recently created...

:)

TopCliff

Dude, where'd you get that cool arch thing? These all look great. Later.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

j-dub

@praiodan, looks great, but thats not based off a real community is it? I mean traffic circles and symetrical design look great, but oh man, this looks like a difficult to drive interchange you got here, I think most of all the avenue roundabouts. I guess we all have that option to put ramps to the circle parallel to avenues, but it feels that once you get up to the circle its like CRUNCH! Are those oneway roads leading to the roundabout or two way traffic? I don't know whats more difficult in this case.

praiodan

Thanks!
@ TopCliff
I modelled this arch myself and is nowhere available  :P

@ j-dub
No, it isn't based on anything real apart the bridge arch  :D But well, eh, I like to punish my sims for being extraordinarily stupid with something like this, and I used normal roads for the ramps, because for some reason it didn't want to work with an OWR setup.

Ryan B.

j-dub:  Thanks for the tip!  I'm currently re-building my plugins folder, so I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

As for the fonts, I use a font series that closely resembles the new Clearview fonts.  So, just y'all wait until I get that mega-interchange I posted above signed.  It's gonna be nice . . . very nice.

Haljackey

j-dub: Nice work!  Just work on your sloping a bit.  Your roads are a little too steep and bumpy for my liking. 

praiodan: Thats a very creative interchange!  I like the bridge too!  The only thing I would suggest is to convert the road connecting the avenue to the ramps to a one-way road, since all the traffic is heading in one direction.

It sort of reminds me of something I made a while back.  Let me see if I can dig it up:

I made this back when I was experimenting with the Multi-RHW concept.  It was quite a challenge to make back then, but now with the release of the newest RHW version, making a Multi-RHW is simple!

Best,
-Haljackey

bat

Great work on these/ this intersection(s), praiodan and Haljackey!