• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palpatine001

The piece in the ranges has got my attention that is for sure  :thumbsup:

Now for something in the more simplistic range today

It is of the Auckland Bypass on the eastern side of the West Solarian Ranges in my Solaria Region.

This bypass runs right through the ranges between Broken Moutain on the east and Auckland on the west, saving an hour round trip on State Highway one goig around the tip of the ranges or doing a slog going up a 800m range that is weather dependent especially in winter.

The bridge you see there is a mini viaduct that connects directly to State Highway One giving a direct link.

More as it happens - oh and try and not run off the cliff there  $%Grinno$%
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

magee_b

I did a little bit of tweaking to my last interchange, more with its surroundings and the inner ramp.

Here's a quick snapshot:

Ennedi

Yes, it looks much better now, bigger distance is a good choice, trees at the inner loop work very well too  ;D :thumbsup:

The next advice:
- Remove the yellow frame (you can simply unpause the game, or download a plugin removing this frame - type "Pause" in STEX, you will find it quickly)
- Minimalize the game menu
...And you will achieve very good picture  :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

tommiej

magee_b, that's one of the best and most beautiful interchanges i've ever seen!
is it on purpose that you can't drive in every direction??
or is it that this interchange is a 'T'. and that the ramp connect further on the right??
if so, do you have (another) magnificent picture of that??
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

magee_b

yup it does connect up further to the right... i had the picture focused on the ramp because i find that area to be the most attractive part of the intersection. I'll see if i can round up a picture of where it merges.

Edit: Found it!

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments

Filasimo

that is truely one amazing interchange magee_b id like to see if anyone can top the one you have done.  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

tommiej

The best intersection i've seen!!
amazing job magee_b, thanks for that last photo.
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

figui

nice intersection magee_b :thumbsup: it fits perfectly in the landscape!

also nice ones Palpatine001 and Haljackey!

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Haljackey

magee_b:

That has got to be the BEST T-interchange I have EVER seen!

It is B-E-A-utiful!  Setting up the bar that high is quite a feat, so give yourself a pat on the back for that!  &apls

Lollo

OMG, Amazing. Great job magee_b!

Keep an eye on the Lair!

j-dub

I honestly never tried doing this before, I mean I never have made tunnels like this, but I don't recall downloading tunnels either. I think this is the result of whats possible with the basic in game tunnel. Anyway I think this works out as my first MIS cross over. Its just a basic half cloverleaf like in real life.

Also, I made this,

Since I haven't seen this here yet, I just wanted to provide a different idea. There are some in Chicago like this where its in between instead. However, you may want it that the RHW doesn't go straight up like mine, because all the traffic seems like they want to make the least amount of turns possible, so where the inner ramps are, you may want to have them go off \| -that way instead of- |/ this way.

Toichus Maximus

gah! Left exits! PAIN!

Might want to terraform a bit more + get a slope mod for that other picture. Good work!

j-dub

Well, I think I'll just stick with what I do best.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone use diagonal streets in this thread for some sort of major crossing. As you can see the road goes to the left, but thats thru traffic, so the right lane is a turn lane.

Haljackey

Heres another MIS picture from me.  Not as simple this time as the others I have posted prior to this.

Click on the Images to View Them in FULL RESOLUTION!

Before:

After:

Some work still needs to be done, as well as adding-in the signage and eyecandy, but the roadwork is complete.

CasperVg

Nice ones! Here's one I managed to make during this weekend;

Haljackey: would you mind posting an picture from the intersection above, with the game only showing zones (no buildings)
That way I could familiarize with that nice interchange.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

bat

Some nice intersection with using the RHW there, @ all!

CasperVg

^Thanks  ;)

Here's a cloverleaf, also showing the T-interchange from ^^
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Haljackey

caspervg: Cool!  I really like that four-leaf clover!

Oh, and I will get around to posting my last image without the buildings in the very near future.  There are many more EXCLUSIVE photos of that interchange found on my City Journal (CJ) at Simtropolis if you want to check out more images of it.

Best,
-Haljackey

Filasimo

Hey Casper,

great interchanges, one thing thought if you want to make that T-Interchange look smoother. Use the Gentle RHW-4 Curves for the RHW-4 ramps. Make sure to follow proper installation by checking out my RHW Reference Guide. Otherwise great interchanges! :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//