• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New RHW/NWM FLUP Models

Started by Dexter, September 10, 2011, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexter

Hi everyone, just though I'd share a quick update:

I think I've more or less got the RHW texture nailed, there is a slight colour difference which is more noticable on further zooms, but I think it's the closest as it'll ever be.

The RHW-4 Gmax file is corrupt, so that one will probably not be seen for a while  &ops

For some reason, the MAVE-4 ramp appears to be raised slightly and shows those horrible white lines, not sure how to fix that?
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

samerton

Amazing. Simply amazing. It looks tremendous, shame about the corrupt Gmax file :(
Thanks for the effort you're putting in, it's really appreciated by the whole community.  &apls

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Girafe

Indeed really good job Dexter.

I have a quick question regarding grass texture.

In this pic, grass texture in red square is a little bit different than "exterior"one. Is it possible to match them?

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Dexter

@Girafe  I quickly grabbed that texture just do I could see what everything looked like in-game, but I hope to get that sorted before release  :)

Regarding the 6S ramp, I'm thinking that now the network has been reduced to 1 tile + overhang, would it be preferable cut the width of the tunnel down so each direction fits onto one tile?  The downside to this would be no shoulder, but it means a MIS slip could fit parralell each side.

Anyway Here's what the 6C ramp looks like:

I'm still unsure on how to transit enable for RHW so if anyone has any tips on that front it would be a great help  ()what()

Tarkus

Quote from: Dexter on September 17, 2011, 09:23:52 AM
I'm still unsure on how to transit enable for RHW so if anyone has any tips on that front it would be a great help  ()what()

We can take care of that end--and in fact, we can make them into true FLUPs rather than TE Lots.

-Alex

Ramona Brie

That AVE-6 one looks promising, but it will probably need NWM 2.1 for FLUP compatibility.

GDO29Anagram

Regarding the 6S ramp, I'm thinking that now the network has been reduced to 1 tile + overhang, would it be preferable cut the width of the tunnel down so each direction fits onto one tile?  The downside to this would be no shoulder, but it means a MIS slip could fit parralell each side.

I think the 6S FLUP entrance should have the two-tile width. Even though the 6S now overhangs its shoulder, there's still a puzzle piece (Viaduct Rail over 6S) that's still two tiles in width, so it probably would be no different.

Plus, we still have the old 6S A Ramp; We just renamed it as the 6S A1 Wide ramp.

Quote from: Tracker on September 17, 2011, 12:27:31 PM
That AVE-6 one looks promising, but it will probably need NWM 2.1 for FLUP compatibility.

I don't think he made an AVE-6 FLUP yet; He probably didn't have the network textures at the time...

What's also needed are FLUP under NWM pieces, but those are much easier since they're just flat-model puzzle pieces.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Ramona Brie

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 17, 2011, 12:45:09 PM

I think the 6S FLUP entrance should have the two-tile width. Even though the 6S now overhangs its shoulder, there's still a puzzle piece (Viaduct Rail over 6S) that's still two tiles in width, so it probably would be no different.

Plus, we still have the old 6S A Ramp; We just renamed it as the 6S A1 Wide ramp.

Quote from: Tracker on September 17, 2011, 12:27:31 PM

I don't think he made an AVE-6 FLUP yet; He probably didn't have the network textures at the time...

What's also needed are FLUP under NWM pieces, but those are much easier since they're just flat-model puzzle pieces.

I meant putting FLUPs under an AVE-6 or TLA-7.

toja

If you implement the model for the RHW6S-ramp as a prop on a Lot or via T21 on a FLUP puzzle piece, it could have the same overhang as the network itself...  :-\

When it comes to TE-Lot-modding I think you should go for a simple car to subway transit switch. If you try to make an TE-Lot compatible with FLUPs this will happen:

As you can see on the left side of the image cars will jump from the TE-Lot on the overpassing network. The only solution would be to put another FLUP between the ramp and the overpassing network (see right side of the image).

Mr.Sixty

@toja: Are you the toja from Simforum? If so what happened to your rail FLUPs you showed there quite some time ago? Do you still plan to release them? They, together with Dexter's FLUPS, would be sooooooo cool to have. ;)

toja

@Mr.Sixty: I can't promise, but if RL allows it they'll be included in the next NAM.

ps2owner

Rail FLUPs? What do they look like/ are?

ivo_su

Matt very good job, now it remains to be recreated in the puzzle pieces and put shortly, if some intermediate  version of the NAM to be attached to FLUP menu. Really done well with the models,  request assistance from NAM  members to succeed to reproduce them as FLUPs  pieces.

Great designer.

Koenieboy997

Those FLUPs look really great. Awesome job Matt! But I have one major request.
I'm planning a sunken highway in my city. I prefer to use RHW (6S/C) or 8S/C), but because I want to make a tunnel through a CBD I'm forced to use the Maxis highway.
So could you please, please make on-slope RHW transitions? That would be really great.
‎(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Dexter

Hi everyone, just though I'd let you know that I haven't forgotten about this project, but there seems to be a bug in gmax that screws up the textures on any object that's mirrored so I'm unable to make the oppisite ramp, so until I find a solution to this the projects on hold.

I would try them in 3dsmax, but I can't seem to find a way of importing the gmax models into it.

jondor

Quote from: Dexter on September 29, 2011, 08:26:39 AM
Hi everyone, just though I'd let you know that I haven't forgotten about this project, but there seems to be a bug in gmax that screws up the textures on any object that's mirrored so I'm unable to make the oppisite ramp, so until I find a solution to this the projects on hold.

I would try them in 3dsmax, but I can't seem to find a way of importing the gmax models into it.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why you would need to mirror the entire model, it's already symmetrical, mirroring just the road texture (and even then only for asymmetrical networks) should suffice.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Girafe

seems you have too to rotate 90° your textures  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Dexter

I already tried that but it just borks the texture even more, although strangely it appears fine in the viewpoints.

MandelSoft

gMax and 3dStudio Max give some weird glitches when it comes to mirroring (and the trick of scaling things -100% gives the same bad result), so try to avoid that. However, if you simply flip one axis of the UV-co-ordinates of the road texture in the unmirrored model, the texture itself appears mirrored with a clean result.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE