• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

Ok, I always want to make a thread here and here it goes. I hope you guys remember these bats I have made in the past. I really want to update some of them, but I will have to see how things goes.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

Welcome here, a well deserved place for your work   :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

cogeo

All these BATs are indeed very nice!!!

So you are updating these BATs. I have a small request, can you modify one of the models to match the ingame Fennel Corp (a NY style CO$$) as far as the bldg/base layout is concerned? It tends to overtake my cities at some development stages (yes, I do use the building styles). If you make a new model and building exemplar, and add it into the same bldg family as Fennel Corp and similar stats, this would halve occurences! No lotting work is required, as the bldg will be growing on maxis lots (the same as Fennel Corp), and believe me, they are really many!

I'm doing the same work for two other very annoying buildings, Chalmers Co and Modde Inc. I'm making three additional compatible (but not identical, not even similar) BATs for each of the two. Though these buildings belong to the NY and Houston tilesets respectively, Maxis has modded them to grow in all four styles. Mine are quite generic, so I will set them to grow in all four styles too. I'll post pics when I have something ready.

Aaron Graham

Girafe- Thank you!!! I am a fan your work. ;D

cogeo- Thank you!!! I mostly want to update the Worthington Apartments textures Sunset Apartments textures and work on Kingsbridge Apartments. What buildings you you want me to work on. Do you think it would be good to just create a new building? One thing about this thread here it does not say Residentail so that mean I can work on commercial, industries and other things.

NYBT Bainbridge Row

I'm going to get to the night light lights soon, they should have been finished but I have been a little lazy. O yea, these are slope friendly.

South

East

North

West

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

metarvo

It's nice to see that you've set up a thread here!  It's nice to have more choices available for medium and dense Residential to build in those inner-city areas.  The textures are beautiful, and the other details (such as window A/C units) add so much to the buildings.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

peter007

nice work Aaron. I like the idea that you started a thread here.  ;)

Sciurus

Waow! Excellent buildings! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Aaron Graham

metarvo-Thank you!

peter007- Thank you!

Buzzit- Thank you!

Sciurus- Thank you!

Here's the night light view of the two bainbridge Row Apartments. I still have to do a little more work on them and I will be finish.

NYBT Bainbridge Row

Second Building Images

South

East

North

West

First Building images

Here's some day Images, I only have one night render on this building model, I will show some soon, I'm still working on them a little.

South

East

North

West

baconrocky

OMG yes! a corner version, very much needed! These look great!

Any chance of making a corner version of Kingsbridge?

wwecruz

Love it! The corner lot looks great. Can't wait to download it!

Aaron Graham

baconrocky- Thank you!! For the Kingsbridge Apartments I will not make a corner bat for it because there's not a corner building that looks like it, unless I create my own verson of what it may look like but it will take so long, I'm trying to fix some things, but I have to move forward. I would love to release about twenty bat's this year but I do not know how that's going to be possible if I keep up with the slow speed.

wwecruz- Thank you!!!!

NYBT Bainbridge Row

Here's is some in game images I hope you like it, another thing I hope you like is the stairs on the corner building. The corner lot will not take really slight slopes because of being on a corner lot, but it will take some slope. I have not merge the night model with the day because I'm lazy, but I'm going to get to it. the trees on the lot will be removed, I just wanted to try something new that's all.

peter007

Very nice, I really like those stairs those fit perfectly with the street
&apls

Ciuu96

Slope comfortable, I like it! ;D Great job!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Aaron Graham

Buzzit- Thank you!!!

peter007- Thank you!!!

Ciuu96- Thank you!!!

NYBT unnamed project

Here's a new Bronx apartment I was working on today, the modeling has gotting far. This bat I made came from the past from the NYBT thread, I lost the old model so I decided to make a new one. I have thought that it just might be a good idea for me create a new building everyday this week, just the weekdays and on the weekend I can finish up on the bats, one of my main jobs I always wanted to do is to work fast but have good or great quilty on my bats, I do not want to rush, but I want to feed you downloaders with something that is truly need in the STEX, I just hope this work. What really slow things down is making the textures and making custom LOD's, I want my LOD's to be skin tight on my slope buildings, if not things will no look good.

I thought of holding the Bainbridge Row until Gwail finish the NYBT quries. If it takes to long I may not have no choice but to upload them. everything is finished, just need to make a read me and a installer. When it comes to making installers, I think I need a person to dubble check my read me's and installers for any errors.

Old image

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/32065-nybt-bat-thread/page__st__1170

New image

New Building Link to google Maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=40.813027,-73.900966&panoid=ehHz5X-sUycdWktu013eDA&cbp=12,4.89,,0,-21.54&ll=40.812949,-73.901274&spn=0,0.021887&z=16

peter007

Nice neighberhood.
I hope you will make more buildings from it

Buzzit

good work man :)

btw can you maybe tell me how you made those other building slope friendly?
it seems i just can't figure that out :(

Sciurus

Very nice building, I love it!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Aaron Graham

Sorry for no updates, I wanted to do my replys, hopefully soon I will post some.

peter007- Thank you!!! I will try to make more apartments from this neighborhood.

Buzzit- Thank you!!! If you read this post before it's updated, I will show you how, I made my buildings slope friendly. Just give me sometime to get some pictures and think how to make this mini tutorial. :)

Sciurus- Thank you!!!