• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Modular Aerospace Facility?

Started by editfish, September 14, 2010, 11:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

editfish

We've got railways and railyards, waterways, ports, and harbors, airports and heliports.

I would like to see a modular spaceyard/spaceport be developed that would include Assembly and Storage Hangers, transport crawlers, launchpads, gantries, runways, training facilities, fueling facilities, Control, astronaut's quarters, cafeterias, parks, viewing platforms, visitor's center, museums, office space, radar/weather equipment, support roads and buildings, storage, etc.  It would be an interesting mix with some sections classified as 'industrial' (dirty), some commercial, some residential, some educational, some services (security and fire fighting) and some landmarks.

I envision this as being flexible enough to fit into industrial cities, commercial cities, megacities and futuristic/utopian cities.

There is a standalone spaceport on the STEX by CNAurora, but I would like to see something bigger, more systematic, more flexible and modular.

The SpaceportAmerica website has a 'hard hat' tour of their facility (currently in process), which is mostly construction, but does have some nice shots of some of their structures: http://www.spaceportamerica.com/images/pdf/Hardhat-Tour.pdf

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Terring7

There are some modular spaceport pieces in Japanese websites :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

editfish

Thank you Terring7.  I've got several of those mods, and they are GREAT, but don't seem to mix well together, visually.  (Unless there is some that I am missing or overlooking)

Terring7

In List of Airports and Airplanes you will find plenty of stuff that will allows you to build functional spaceports! Mix those lots with the parked spacecrafts and 3-2-1-LIFT OFF!!
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

editfish

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!   :'(   :'(

Thank you!!!   ()stsfd()