• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion Requests

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

ahhhhhh duh I feel so dtupid now thank you dustin!!!  I think that would be cool to see a neat little SC4D favicon  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

Ask and you shall receive... ::)  ;D

If you dont still see the favico, reload your broser (Ctrl+F5). Still not?, then empty your IE Internet temporary files. If you still cant see it, make sure you are at SC4D and your computer screen is turned on  ;)  :D  :D

The favico seems to load the last in any forums page. This feature was intalled during the  last forums update, but it was not correctly activated. Now you can see the same favico in every SC4D page (but the LEX).
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

CasperVg

Something that jumped into my mind;

Wasn't there a function in which you rate a thread (1 - 5 stars) a few weeks/months ago? Did this functionality disappear with the update? Either way, I was wondering if it could be re-initiated, as I found it a good alternative to giving karma to people.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

TheTeaCat

Quote from: jeronij on November 01, 2008, 04:09:49 AM
Ask and you shall receive... ::)  ;D

If you dont still see the favico, reload your broser (Ctrl+F5). Still not?, then empty your IE Internet temporary files. If you still cant see it, make sure you are at SC4D and your computer screen is turned on  ;)  :D  :D

The favico seems to load the last in any forums page. This feature was intalled during the  last forums update, but it was not correctly activated. Now you can see the same favico in every SC4D page (but the LEX).

Very nice just what was missing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

personaly rating a thread is a pain....  you could have a great thread but then have some lurkers go on negitive spree and down grade it something bad....  Personaly I like it this way without the rate a thread...
I know I used the word personaly a lot but yea anyways Jeroni thank you for the FAVICON as its pretty wicked cool man!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

Just noticed this this morning:

Looks great!  Are there any plans to make one of these for the SC4 Wiki as well?
(I don't know what they're called. :P)

Best,
-Haljackey

swat-medic

JoeST

Can I possibly request the usergroup colours be changed, especially the reds related to subscribers and 3RR collaborators (I think) as they are all "too" close to Administrators to tell a difference. Thanks

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

LE0

is there a way to tell how many times people read your profile?
not very important though
Leoland coming Spring 2009

JoeST

Could I possibly suggest that you move all the Project boards (Like 3RR and GRV etc) into the category rather than being children to an empty board. If you left the Pictures board at the top, it would still make sense... especially as the category has 2 empty boards with lots of sub boards....

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

Those two projects that had several child boards, GRV II and 3RR, have been moved up one level. ;)

Jonathan

Could we have SMF4iphone/iPod touch theme installed, it will make navigating the site much easier and somehow the theme is only used when needed so there's no manual changing.?
www.farfromperfection.com/smf4iphone.html

thanks Jonathan

joelyboy911

Just wondering, not sure if its my settings or the site's but whenever I click a link in a SC4Devotion forum it opens in a new window, unless I use middle click, in which case it opens in a new tab.

Also, a cookie for the LEX would be cool too, save me from having to go to the password screen every time.

Neither of these are big deals, but they would make everything just that tiny little bit easier. Thank you Jeroni and the staff for everything so far.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

SC4BOY

I am not sure if this already exists in some form, but I don't see a way to do it. Many of the threads here are very long. Is it possible to do a "search" on only the thread you are reading? I can use the "site search" for broad topics, and I can easily use "cntrl-f" for the page I'm on  but that is very lengthy for some of the huge threads here.

Andreas

Quote from: SC4BOY on August 20, 2009, 10:04:12 PM
Is it possible to do a "search" on only the thread you are reading?

Yes, it is. In the upper right corner of the thread display, you'll find a search box - use that for searching within the thread that you're currently reading.
Andreas

SC4BOY

Wow.. duh.. thanks.. Why I didn't figure that out I'll never know..   :-[ Since that was the same "prompt" used in the "out of thread" page display, I guess I thought it searched the entire forum.. Thanks for that.. I have use for that now and then and will be using it!!  :thumbsup:

Andreas

Yeah, the search box is "context-sensitive", so to speak - it's basically an advanced search with predefined search parameters, adapted to the content that is currently displayed. Pretty nifty, if you ask me. :)
Andreas

simmaster07

Quote from: Jonathan on August 20, 2009, 04:51:07 AM
Could we have SMF4iphone/iPod touch theme installed, it will make navigating the site much easier and somehow the theme is only used when needed so there's no manual changing.?
www.farfromperfection.com/smf4iphone.html

thanks Jonathan

The theme is wonderful, but I do believe it is only for the 2.0 RC branch of the SMF forum software, where SC4Devotion is on the 1.1 Stable branch.

Jonathan

EDIT: No I was wrong, the theme doesn't work properly in 1.1
How annoying.

Jonathan

simmaster07

Quote from: Jonathan on August 26, 2009, 01:57:58 AM
EDIT: No I was wrong, the theme doesn't work properly in 1.1
How annoying.

Jonathan

Well taking into account that 1.1 and 2.0 (RC) are two different codebases for SMF, it likely won't work without some very skilled tweaking...
* simmaster locks self in basement to do tweaking *