• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Hoo Ha's Parking Lots

Started by hooha47, August 08, 2009, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silhouette Saloon

This problem really does have me stumped. I can plop all but the entrance lots without issue, so I have systematically removed all mods I could think of which may have been causing problems with the transit enabling - euro road textures, slope mod etc - but none of my attempts so far have made any difference. I only mentioned that I'm running on a Mac because I have only recently switched from PC to Mac so I'm still not 100% certain about the mechanics of it all, filejuicing in particular. I've definitely got all the relevant .dat files, so maybe I still have something conflicting in my plugins folder?

SimNation

Problem with the parking textures after have been plopped for awhile the ground textures have seem to completely vanished. When I click on the lots and plop one they have their respective parking texture. However the parking lot that I made awhile ago the textures have vanished....anyone know what might cause this?

wyrick

These lots are great, keep up the good work!  Have you thought about doing any with a gated entrance and a fence around, these would be great for airports and cities. 

Here is an example of Fast Park at BWI

[img alt=]http://www.exquisiteimageries.com/photos/fastpark.jpg[/img]
" border="0

hooha47

thingfishs, thanks for your input and the compliment.  Silhouette Saloon, I'm sorry, I wish I could offer more help.  Have you tried different versions to see if they all cause the same problem?

SimNation, which version are you using?  I have no idea why that would be happening, and I haven't heard about it happening for anyone else.  I want to look at the specific textures that you're having that problem with.  So let me know the version, and if it's happening with every lot or just certain ones and I'll see what I can do.

wyrick, thank you.  I had thought about doing something like that.  Someone else was working on a parking lot with a gated entrance and fence, so I decided I wouldn't.  I'll see if I can find out about it.  If they aren't going to make one, maybe I'll do something.

I have MMLs ready for all the sets I've released so far.  I was going to wait and release them along with the next add on, but I'm not sure when that's going to be ready, so I'm thinking I'll go ahead and release those, probably sometime this weekend.
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

SimNation

The Version I am using is the modular ones the V2 of it. The shrubbery addon,the Modular park v2+addon, and the drop offs all have the texture problem. I will take a picture of it right now I am running a test I have the parking lot I made with it that has the problem and I plopped a test fresh new parking stretch and I am checking to see if it happens again after a certain amount of gamedays/months/years pass in my city it happened in.

theincredibleSim

Hi Hooha!
First, realy great work  &apls ! I had downloaded all of the parking lots, at least. But now I´ve got a problem: to much files in game  &mmm ! May this has allready someone asked, but what about a MML for the parking lots? That would be great in my opinion!

Hope my english is not to bad!?

hooha47

SimNation, let me know what you find out.  I will do some test as well this weekend and see if I can find anything.

theincredibleSim, thank you very much.  I have that same problem.  I have created MMLs for all the modular parking sets.  I just need to write a read me and do a couple more things.  I hope to have them on the STEX sometime this weekend.

And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

theincredibleSim

That are great news!!! Do you hear the stone falling off my heart?   :D  :thumbsup: for so good and many work!

tahill79

The MML's are great to hear HooHa.  I just got the rest of the dark lots put in my plugins and was going to ask you if there were going to be MML's.   Again thanks for this great project you created.

hooha47

OK, so add on 3, if there is enough interest, will consist of some 2x1 lots for beautifying your parking lots.

Here are some examples of what I have so far.

The first one is a semi-seasonal tree family, the other two are seasonal.  I had another idea for a center divider like those above, except cement with smaller trees planted throughout, with a crosswalk end piece.  Let me know if there's any interest in these.

Also, here's something else I've been playing around with.  This would be a stand-alone modular set.

Let me know what you think.

Oh, and thanks theincredibleSim and tahill79 for your comments, the MMLs are out on the STEX here.

joelyboy911

They look very nice. I'd download them. Are you also going to apply for LEX candidacy with the parking lots?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

thingfishs

cool, I love the dividers, parking lots of bigger businesses (shopping centres, cinemas etc) need this sort of thing to look realistic. The last shot is looking a bit repetitive though, maybe using an appropriate prop family would help add some variety to the trees?
As you know I'm only starting to work out how the insides of the game works, prop families I gather change randomly, which wouldn't work... But there does need to be some more variety in the trees, athough I realise at places like this they are usually going to be planting the same variety or two, there still needs to be some variation from tree to tree.
Also with the dividers I think the understory could be reworked/simplified a bit, in my experience parks that would use dividers of this size have a bit more formal appearance, or if there are lots of small bushes they tend to be arranged in beds, not straight in the grass. But you've probably heard just about enough from me...

tamorr

I gotta say I like the last one very much as it reminds me of many places around/near the bay area, but not in. Like Stockton or Modesto. Hmm..
   However the trees I don't mind in the other pics, but the flower/bushes kinda' look a bit off... I do agree that the bushes/flowers could be put in groves or something similar. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

FrankU

Yes, these are really useful for higher wealth areas!

Tomas Neto

My friend, really are fantastic your parkings lots!!! I adore very much!!! Every time I think it is no more possible to make a new parking lot, you surprise me with a wonderful job, as you just did!!!  &apls &apls

froelich131

I the last parking lot you had, i would use it in my larger downtown areas, to help it keep a more urban look and have some foliage...

~Joey

hooha47

Thanks everyone for your comments, they really mean a lot to me.  That last picture, as I mentioned, is a separate modular set.  I've made 3 or 4 versions with different trees, but they are a project for down the road.  What I'm working on now is the final (?) add on for the modular sets.  In my previous post I had some pictures of the central dividers with grass and trees.  Here's a picture of the cement walkway version:

That's all I have for now.  I'm trying to learn how to use SC4PIM, and I can see what an outstanding new tool it is, but I was just figuring out how to use the old LE, so it's slowing me down a little bit right now.  (Not to mention my little MMP side project.)   :-\   I hope to have more soon.

tamorr

For the sidewalk version that looks like a bit too many trees for my taste, and to me seems awkward in a way... Hmmm... %confuso

I do like the other one... Maybe having one tile not with trees would help so you could space the trees how you'd want... That might work. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Silhouette Saloon

Sorry to bring up this can of worms again after quite a while but I have recently encountered the same problem as I was having previously with other transit-enabled lots, so it appeasr that the issue I am facing is not one limited to your releases. Now I know it is more widespread, I will bring up the issue elsewhere if it persists after I've done a bit of tinkering in my plugins folder. Thanks very much for your time nonetheless!

fuessey

I have the same problem as Simnation.  I have many parking lots throughout my cities, and everything was fine.  After installing some more BATs (CAM Industrials, mostly) and their relevant dependencies, most of my HH parking lot textures are missing.  The entrance pieces and end pieces are fine, but all the "interior" pieces (the straight, the T-intersection, etc.) have no pavement.  I have all the dependencies you listed, like Walkingsnake's texture.  Any idea what it could be?