• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Releases

Started by Andreas, April 27, 2007, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

What have we been waiting for?

That is what we've been waiting for, thank you all of SFBT!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

bat

Nice work on these stations and signs, Andreas & SFBT!!! :thumbsup:

ehbk2006

Nice signals  :thumbsup:  &apls

With the timed props technique you can even make them animated.  &idea
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Andreas

BSC SFBT GLR Tram Mod

First of all, I'm sorry that it took so incredible long to finish this download, but I know that a lot of people were waiting for this: New GLR-in-Avenue stations, and GLR stations for the GLR-in-Avenue Roundabout! All credits go to Chrisim for this update of the good old BSC SFBT GLR Tram Mod, which has always been some kind of "trendsetter" around GLR. :) Please note that you also need the updated SFBT Essentials July 2008 version for this download. The Essentials contain a new GLR resource file with paths and textures for various GLR stations, which can be used by other developers as a dependency file as well. This release won't show on the LEX frontpage, since the original download was updated, so please use the link above.

SFBT Essentials July 2008 version

As mentioned above, the updated GLR Tram Mod also requires an updated version of the SFBT Essentials. This update is also necessary for some more SFBT releases that will be uploaded soon. Since I updated this file as well, it won't show on the LEX frontpage, so please use the link I provided above. :) Some of you might remember my tree prop families that were included in the SFBT Street Tree Mod, which allows you to display different trees along the street, depending on which file(s) you have installed. Since several other SFBT releases make use of this feature as well, I included the tree props in the new SFBT Essentials version. If you have the tree prop families installed already, you won't need to do that again. Also, if you like to see Cycledogg's or PEG's trees on the aforementioned lots, don't forget to install the external dependencies.

As usual, please make sure to read the updated readme files, in order to see what's new!
Andreas

allan_kuan1992

thank you! =)

- Allan Kuan

M4346

Thank you very much SFBT!  ;D

I have a question though... can I remove the trams (the automata) or should they be installed? I just prefer one of Vester's mods in that regard.

So, would it be safe for me to remove the following files:

BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_automata_blue.dat
BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_automata_green.dat
BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_automata_red.dat
BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_automata_yellow.dat
BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_no_el-train_automata.dat
BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_ui_sound_automata_controller.dat

Or what can I remove, if anything?

Thanks
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Andreas

You can remove the automata files (BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_automata_blue.dat etc.), but they won't interfere with any of vester's automata skins. The tram automata that is generated with this download is not the regular el-rail (GLR) automata, but custom automata that is spawned by the lots, similar to the school bus that is spawned by educational facilities. With the BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_no_el-train_automata.dat, you can suppress the el-rail automata (or any custom automata that is installed), but the BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_ui_sound_automata_controller.dat should be installed in any case, since it includes the query sounds and UI files. It also contains the automata spawn script, but if you remove the automata files, you simply won't see the colored trams.
Andreas

M4346

Ah, okay! Thank you very much!  ;D

Although I must add that it is quite useful if you want to create, for example, a green / red / yellow / blue line. Thanks again! :)
New Horizons Productions

Andreas

SFBT Rheinsberg Signalbox by royal

The Rheinsberg signalbox is a good companion to Spocky's signalboxes that were released a while ago -and another nice element for more realistic railway lines. As one of the last mechanical signalboxes, it's some kind of anachronism these days, but surely a nice view for every rural MD. royal BATted this a while ago, and it laid dormant for some months, but now we finally had the chance to resurrect it from the dead and make it a proper SFBT release. :)

SFBT Parking Lots by Khiyana

This set has gone a long way - originally a small personal project that Khiyana made for one of her cities, it drew quite some attention at SimForum, and lots of useful suggestions were made to expand this little set. For maximum compatibility, there are three texture sets for various kinds of sidewalk mods, and the trees are interchangable as well, so you can use the lots together with either the Maxis, Cycledogg's or Pegasus' trees. The bus station has undergone several re-designs, until the proper shape and size was found, so it doesn't look too small or too large. Please don't forget to update your copy of the SFBT Essentials, you need the July 2008 version for the latest props and textures!

SFBT Soundwalls by Mathe Man

Another set that has undergone a rather complicated creation process, with lots of finetuning for maximum versatility. It also uses the SFBT tree family props, so you can use your favorite trees on the lots. Since the whole set consists of 19 lots, it contains an optional MML mod that is installed at the usual location. If you want, you can also remove the transition lots for the curves and use the centered diagonal walls together with the orthogonals. The walls come in two variations, either flat or curved at the top, so you can reduce the number of lots even more if you restrict yourself to either one of the styles. As with the parking lots, don't forget to update your SFBT Essentials to the latest July 2008 version!

Andreas

JoeST

oh AWESOME!

I love the SFBT! :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bat

Fantastic work on this stuff, SFBT!! :thumbsup:

M4346

Wow! This is really great! It's like an early birthday present... :P

Thanks Andreas and the SFBT!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

Andreas

Update notice

ebina found a glitch in the transit enabling for the Ahrweiler Station. I've fixed the issue and re-uploaded the file to the LEX. I also missed one dependency in the readme for the Parking Lots. You need Cycledogg's Mega Prop Pack for the parked cars (no need to re-download this set, though). Sorry for the inconvenience. :)
Andreas

Fatsuhono

Thank you Andreas! All of lots are great soundwalls and the road side parking lot are very creative!  :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Quote. For maximum compatibility, there are three texture sets for various kinds of sidewalk mods, and the trees are interchangable as well, so you can use the lots together with either the Maxis, Cycledogg's or Pegasus' trees.

Aww, no asphalt sidewalk mod support? Otherwise, these new parking lots look great.
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on August 04, 2008, 06:54:48 PM
Aww, no asphalt sidewalk mod support? Otherwise, these new parking lots look great.

Hmm, Khiyana must have missed that one. I'm sure it could be included, though. Do you have a link? :)
Andreas

CasperVg

I think it is this one (STEX) by sap23. I use that one as well, and would really enjoy it if a set that is compatible with this one could made  :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Shadow Assassin

Yup, it's that mod. :P

I like using it because it doesn't show different wealths as obviously as say, Jeroni's mod does... :p
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Thanks for the link, I will point Khiyana to that mod. At the moment, she's on vacation, I think, but it shouldn't be too hard to add this style as well.
Andreas

Swesim

Quote from: Andreas on June 26, 2007, 03:15:11 PM
SFBT Rail Catenaries by Kenworth

Probably one of the most anticipated SFBT creations has now finally hit the SC4D LEX: A (more or less) complete set of rail catenaries, BATted by SFBT newcomer Kenworth after the catenaries that are used by the Deutsche Bahn AG (German railway). This set includes 17 different lots that can be plopped next to or directly onto your rail tracks, giving them a completely new look. All lots have a transparent base texture, so they should work well with every terrain mod. I suggest to install either the "No Rail Dirt Mod" by Swamper77 and Pegasus, or the "Alternate Railway Texture Mod" by Pegasus, so you can get rid of the ugly dirt patches below your rails. Along with this set, I'm also developing a mod that places the catenaries automatically when dragging rails, but I didn't have the chance to finish the mod yet (and it will take a while, since I'm always busy...).

I have to admit that I haven´t been following this thread too closely, but I still wonder if there has been any progress on the automatic placement of catenaries?
I tried to look on the LEX, but I could only find the ploppable ones there.
One thing I noticed with the ploppable catenaries is that one can´t plant trees on them like FFs catenaries for instance.
This leaves a gap between the buildings and the tracks that doesn´t look quite nice.
Other than that I like them very much.