• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

There are currently no other FLUPS than the RHW one.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Gui

Ok! Now I understand, so I have correctly the RHW installed.
By the way, I remember to have seen some RHW FLUPS projects, do you know if there are available? Also there are NWM FLUP's?

Thank you very much.

io_bg

Yes, Dexter has been working on RHW and NWM FLUPs but I don't think he's been active lately. The most optimistic guess would be to expect them in the next NAM.
Let's hope a NAM associate will explain in more detail, I'd love to play with those too :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Gugu3

Just a curiosity..any chance to see Flups for single track rail?I think they will be very useful..thank you

Scarfinger

Is anybody working on an On-Slope Tram-in-Avenue FLUP?

If I understood the thread correctly the limiting factor on this is the making of a model.
So what about using the gtk onslope flups gateway for tram in avenue?

Is there any chance to convert this Lot into a FLUP?

My main problem with this piece is that it doesn't support UDI.  Would it be possible to fix this without converting the Lot into a puzzle piece?

Tarkus

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anyone working on that at present.

I don't know exactly how it's implemented in its current form (other than that it's a TE Lot).  I don't work with TE Lots very often, but from what I know, if it's like buddybud's and blahdy's tunnel portals and there's a network switch involved, then UDI is going to be problematic.  The last post gtaki on the subject a couple years ago indicated he was having difficulty getting UDI to work.

Whether or not it can be turned into a puzzle piece depends on how it's rendered--it's a very nice model, and if it is rendered right, and permission were obtained, it could make a nice addition.

Quote from: Gugu3 on June 27, 2012, 03:05:16 PM
Just a curiosity..any chance to see Flups for single track rail?I think they will be very useful..thank you

I'm not really sure at this point.  There's very little FLUPs stuff going on right now.  We have Dexter's models for the RHW and NWM FLUPs, and plans to integrate those as full-on puzzle piece setups (probably after NAM Version 31, as there's some cool stuff we're going to try with them), but that's the extent of it.

-Alex

ivo_su

Hello my brother Alex.
I can not hide my huge disappointment. Matt models were one of the coolest and waiting things from me. Now when I read that you plan to drop them, even with NAM 32. I can not figure out why after having completed models path files and maybe RUL's codes, these jewels have been added to NAM 31. However, there is no way NAM 32 to be ready before mid-2013 and so much waiting, given that much of the work is done not worth it.

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on July 28, 2012, 02:27:14 PM
Hello my brother Alex.
I can not hide my huge disappointment. Matt models were one of the coolest and waiting things from me. Now when I read that you plan to drop them, even with NAM 32. I can not figure out why after having completed models path files and maybe RUL's codes, these jewels have been added to NAM 31. However, there is no way NAM 32 to be ready before mid-2013 and so much waiting, given that much of the work is done not worth it.

We're not dropping them, but there's no path files or RULs in place on them as of yet.  The reason we're waiting until NAM 32 is that there's something really cool we're looking at doing with the implementation (and previously thought impossible).  Because of the experimental nature of that work, it's for the best that we wait until after NAM 31.

I'm also not sure the work we've done on NAM 31 is "not worth it"--perhaps we're working on things other than the features you're really excited about, but it's really laying the groundwork for that stuff with NAM 32.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Lemme guess...
FLEXFLUPS or something?
Should be the first thing you show after NAM 31.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tilarium

QUESTION:  Are there any FLUP pieces to go under a RHW?  Preferably a 6 lane highway but a 4 or 2 is good as well.

jdenm8

Have a look in the Road RHW Overpasses button.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

Yes. You can find them in the Road-over-RHW ovepass TAB-ring
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mike3775

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 22, 2013, 06:30:25 AM
Yes. You can find them in the Road-over-RHW ovepass TAB-ring

LOL thats where they are.  I cant tell you how many times I have looked for those things when I actually want to use them and forget where they are  :)

Breki

Here's one - am I missing some textures, or is this how a road-under-rail underpass should look like when using Peg's Alternate rail set mod?

Black/empty squares just don't look right..

vinlabsc3k

Maybe the mod isn't compatible with FLUPs!! ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Breki on February 07, 2013, 02:35:14 PM
Here's one - am I missing some textures, or is this how a road-under-rail underpass should look like when using Peg's Alternate rail set mod?

Black/empty squares just don't look right..

I use that same mod, and I don't encounter those issues. When I plop a road-under-rail underpass, it gives me the default rail texture. I don't really know what could be causing your problem, but perhaps you should re-install the NAM  &Thk/(.

Breki

Meastro444

Peg's mod doesn't alter the base textures I believe.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Gugu3

Guys any progress on FLUPs?i remeber those interesting pieces made by Dexter time ago...any plan to revamp them for a future release?
Thanks for all your commitment to SC4 &apls
Cheers
Guglielmo