• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 3!

Wonderful new pictures, tooheys! Great work! :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Dave, if you don't receive an honorary award for "Most Hilarious MD," I'll create one and give it to you myself.
And it's a loverly one to boot. The rural areas are absolutely charming and look so realistic. Do you have any high-density zoning yet? I'm going to guess not even though you have some nice looking apartments/condos showing up in the Quay.
Well, thanks again for a terrific update filled with useful info and a lighthearted touch. As always, can't wait for more!

Joan

MsD

Two updates since my last visit.  I need to be more on the ball.  LOL

More wonderful work. &apls  I like how you have put the population information at the beginning of your last update.  I must remember to do the same.

Thank you for your reply to my questions.

Keep up the great work. :thumbsup:
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

Snaper

Cheer  &apls

I gaze at your 4 updates that I did not see and it's very beautiful ... But I find that it's a little too square, that is seen more when the volume of your network you showed us  :-[

It's wonderful nevertheless   ;D  :thumbsup:

Nardo69

Hello Dave!

You did not really think that you could escape ol' naggin' Nardo, did you?   $%Grinno$%

And what did I see - an avenue crossing instead of a cloverleaf or at least a halfway regular intersection with ramps ...!  :angrymore:

Despite of that nice work with a great sense of humour - I really laughed quite some time!

You seem to have found now the adequate place for your region ...  ;) So take care and follow my standard advice:

Take care and make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

stewart_garden

Dave,

I just discovered this and don't think I have laughed so much in three pages of an MD as I did this morning.  What's more, I've really enjoyed watching your region grow (although I am glad to have missed seeing the reasons behind the population explosion).  I expect that the subway system also helps those residents who like to partake in a swift few after work to get home safely.

See you down the pub!

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

pipishere

Another nice update! I really like the rural stuff..very nice. Looking forward to your next update. :)

tooheys

Replies

bat: thanks for the comment, and great to see you dropping by again.

Jmouse: Thanks Joan, the hard parts going to be keeping those one liners rolling but I'll do my best &Thk/(.
No high density zoning as yet. The condos actually grow on medium density (they're not plopable) and only house 600 sims.
Probably mostly DINKs (double income, no kids). I hope I didn't miss something, my reply to you seems to be too short ;).

Msd: Thanks for commenting, glad I could help

Snaper: Thank's Snaper, I know what you mean. I'm probably a little bit regimented with the design process and need
to relax a little. Couple more beers might help.

Nardo69: Nooooooooooo..... :'(.

Well that didn't take long did it, the holiday is over :P

For those who haven't been introduced say hello to ol' naggin' Nardo (his words, not mine) ;D

My friend Bernhard could best be described as Balnavia's Shadow Minister for Transport and Planning. Whenever the
govt stuffs up you can always expect the Shadow Minister to publicly raise his concerns. %wrd Do yourselves a favour, use
a decent slope mod, eliminate level crossings, no traffic lights on highways, no rail semi circles, just in case he pays
you a visit.  ::)

Seriously though, great to see you here Bernhard. Have always appreciated your feedback and my regions are looking better
because of it (so sorry about the traffic lights :D)

stewart-garden: Thank's for dropping by and appreciate the comments. You've caught me out, that's exactly why I
built the underground (don't tell Joan, I told her it was because of traffic problems ;)).

pipishere: Good to see you back again. Thanks for commenting.

Next Update in a day or two.

Cheers

Dave

tooheys

Kingsgrove Basin

Kingsrove Basin is a small tourist town. Built on the site of a proposed shipyard, the developer
went broke, but not before excavating the area for the drydock. This area is now known
as the basin.

The basin is now flooded with walkways around the shoreline.

For those with a bit of energy you can hire a paddleboat. For the lazy or those with a
romantic streak, you can always take a ride in a gondola.

In the lower left is the town's art gallery. Housing many great masterpieces, the main attractions
are the abstract work's by Bongo, the local zoo's only chimp. I won't tell you what he uses for paint.

There is several classes of accommdation fo fit any a budget. These are a couple of the cheaper hotels in
town. Very few services given the price, but by special arrangement the nearby McDonald's delivers.

Like your strawberries and cream, then here's a few places for you.

For those looking for something even more exclusive, why not try this gated resort. With
it's own pool, private boardwalk and pleasure craft for your personal use, this doesn't come
cheap. For those lacking the funds, the lookout to the right of the picture is a popular spot
where you can watch all the goings on, including a great view into room 502.

Here's the Basin Hotel. For those with a bit of time to spare why not take the publican's
challenge. First drink 2 pints of lager in 30 mins, then find your way through the maze within
15 minutes before returning for a couple more pints. The next challenge is to play the mini golf
course and shoot under 50. Back for 1 more pint and a dozen oysters before.......

......spending 5 minutes in the Gravitron. Survive this without passing out or losing your stomach contents,
return to the pub for your reward. You guessed it, 2 free pints.

Note: The gov't of Balanvia endorses the responsible serving of alcohol, it's just a little difficult to
enforce.

That's the end of update 7. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers

Dave

thundercrack83

Well, Dave, Kingsgrove Basin looks outstanding! I love the "tourist-town" feel that you've created with the hotels, the amusement park, and the fast food restaurants, etc. Excellent job! Every update of yours is always a pleasure to look at. Keep up the good work!

MsD

Another great update.  :thumbsup:

I like the idea of a McDonald's that delivers.  LOL

You do stunning work with you ponds.  I am impressed.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

pipishere

I thought i'd pop in before i go to work on this dreary british summer day and am i glad i did! I love your Toursit area. You really know how to please us with your work and i would surely love to take a holiday there!!

I bet your a perfectionist aren't you?  :D  &apls

stewart_garden

Nice update!  I might manage the pints in the publican's challenge but the oysters before the Gravitron would be the end of me!  Was that a microbrewery I saw tucked in there somewhere?

Stewart

bat

Fantastic pictures, tooheys! Like the canal-area which is shown in the first three pictures!

Jmouse

Well, you have another superb update under your belt along with all those pints and oysters.
You've created the perfect setting for tourists, but I'm in awe of the underlying terraform work. I must take time out and learn to work with retaining walls.
Anyway, looking forward to more. (Btw, has Bongo thought of selling his ... ummm ... paintings on EBay?)

Joan

tooheys

Replies

thundercrack83: Thanks Dustin, great to see you here again and appreciate your comments.

MsD: Great idea, but it usually arrives cold. Thanks for the comments.

pipishere: A perfectionist, hardly. If there's a shortcut available, I'll use it. I just enjoy this and
want to give it my best. I like the smaller tiles I've used so far, but wait until I get to the
planned Metropolis, I'll need as much help as I can get then.

stewart_garden: You just may be right:-

As a reward for your vigilance, the brewery's top drop will be renamed the Stewart Garden Pale Ale.
Even more appropriate I think, given that I've never seen an Englishman with a decent tan yet. :P

bat: thanks for dropping by again and appreciate the comments.

Jmouse: Thanks Joan. The terraforming I do is not that hard, I'm only moving land levels slightly.
I only use the Hole Digger Lots (STEX) and the road laying tool. There is a good tutorial on the STEX
on sunken highways which gives you the basics. Have fun experimenting.

Balnavia Update

Current regional population

Residential : 79,453
Commercial: 27,402
Industrial: 24,782

Bardwell Park

Not the prettiest town in the region, Bardwell Park is mostly home to the workers from the
neighbouring tourist town of Kingsgrove Basin.

This area known as "The Blocks" is mainly a low income area, home to the cleaners, street sweepers,
garbagemen etc who work it Kingsgrove Basin. It may not be safest area in town, but it's certainly the
cleanest.

The dead centre of town. For those unfortunate departed, don't expect to much
ceremony. After the funeral service, you are not loaded into the hearse for your final journey,
but carried by the pallbearers across the road to your new home. The lollypop lady from the
local school earns some extra money here by ensuring that there is no embarrassing traffic
incidents (although you can only die once).

The local government was forced to introduce special remedial driving classes as it was soon
discovered that nobody in town knew how to drive diagonally.

For those commuters who have had an ale or three after work and are running late, there are a few
handy stalls across from the station. In the middle, is a kebab stand, the food may be a
bit dodgy, but almost anything tastes good after a few beers. In trouble with the Mrs?
The stall at either end sell flowers and perfume (if you have any money left), this might
just keep you out of the doghouse.

The local library, full of bookworms. It's hard to read books with holes in them. (sorry, thats bad, even for me)

And last but not least, the local power plant. Doing the right thing for the environment and
the community, plenty of trees were planted nearby and a bike track built around the
perimeter of the plant. To date, nobody has done a complete circuit without suffering
a severe asthma attack.

So that's one more town and the population of Balnavia continues to grow.
Thank's for all your support.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Wonderful update, tooheys! The pictures are showing beautiful areas! Like the picture of the station and the last one of this update!

stewart_garden

Dave,

Thanks, I'm honoured!  I'm due you a pint of Stewart Garden pale ale...

Even worse, I'm Scottish, not English, so I don't tan at all   $%Grinno$% ... we just turn bright red then our skin falls off ... only ten days until I move to Brisbane ... man, that QLD sun is going to burn a hole in me  :sunny:

Great update again  &apls

Stewart

Russell

Terrific work, as always.  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Your attention to detail is amazing.The city would be none the worse for wear without the vendors, for example, but they add a very nice touch to the overall atmosphere.  :thumbsup:
As always, waiting for more.

Joan