• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RAM (Rail Addon Mod) - Development Thread

Started by dedgren, October 16, 2008, 12:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

You did mention the possibility of new overpasses for the CAN-AM based on the existing models; hopefully we should at least get MIS support
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

I was reminded recently of the bug with the STR S Curve puzzle piece.

The attached file fixes that bug in both RHD and LHD.
Drop this file into the RAM Directory.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Silur

DAB_City

As and when you restart your work on new RAM networks, may you please aim to complete QTR before TTR, unless of course the TTR network functionality is quite far into development. Real life four-track railways are generally more common, I assume.
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Tarkus

TTR development is much further along--there's a fair bit in place already (at least on the RUL side).  To my knowledge, QTR has not gotten beyond a simple proof-of-concept.

-Alex

DAB_City

Oh yes, I seem to remember that TTR has been shown off in TRR. I look forward to seeing more though, I won't necessarily be switching to SC2013 for a while... If only I had the time to work for the NAM Team &mmm
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Gugu3

Following almost every NAM thread tonight :Dregarding STR is some development for the advanced set (the implementation of the base one) still going on?
and what about TTR?I know David's been busy for a while..

Tarkus

Quote from: Gugu3 on June 27, 2012, 03:07:53 PM
Following almost every NAM thread tonight :Dregarding STR is some development for the advanced set (the implementation of the base one) still going on?
and what about TTR?I know David's been busy for a while..

TTR and almost all other RAM development has been on hiatus for awhile, due to some technical issues discovered with TTR pathing about 4 months back.  Until those issues are solved, or at least mitigated, there's not going to be much development at all on the RAM.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

Hello, I can see a ##Intersection Placement String Missing## on one of the STR pieces. I have the latest NAM and it's a fresh install.
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

jdenm8

Are there models and paths on the piece? If not, it's an error made by us and is for a piece that is not publicly available.

Sadly, as the Hotfix is something we knocked up relatively quickly to fix a RUL-Bound issue from a mixture of the Public and Development controllers (There's a bunch of fixes which were originally in the Development Controller and had to be copy/pasted into the Public one), we may have things like this.  :-\

RickD

I have this, too. It is the last item in the tab-cycle. It just shows ##Intersection Placement String Missing## and there is nothing to plop down.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

jdenm8

I'm guessing that's exactly what it is. We've uncommented an in-development Puzzle Piece's Tab Loop Entry and forgotten to disable it again in the Public build. (If it's what I think it is, it's basically a 1x1 straight rail piece, it's uncommented in the development controller too for some reason).

It's not a major issue and we don't have enough other "Not Major Issue"s to justify putting out a new controller.

AngryBirdsFan436

Ohh, I see, Anyway, is RAM on hiatus because of the RHW Project 0E?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

P57, and not because of P57 (RAM has its own dedicated team), but because it ran into a bunch of track-switching problems.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Additionally, many of the key members of the RAM's dedicated development group are MIA at present.  The RHW development group is currently the only fully active part of the NAM Team.  P57 is behind the inactivity of the NWM and TuLEPs, however, as RHW folks are often involved in development on those projects.

Beyond the RAM group and the RHW/NWM/TuLEP group, there's also the SFBT group that handles T-RAM/FLUPs/occasional Maxis Highway work (on a planned RL-related hiatus until later this year), and the Bridge Engineering Department (semi-active).  The SAM and CAN-AM also had dedicated groups once upon a time, but they have not existed for roughly 3 years.  All other projects (including HSRP) have been done on an ad hoc basis.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

I'm wondering if a splitter could be made resembling the one on this lot. Would be neat to have.

EDIT: Lot has this. Don't ask me how it's possible. The Elevated Speedways I found on some Japanese site do it as well.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

It's clear they've stuck their textures in the NAM's range. It's not really our problem, they're in our range, you need to bring this up with the lot creator.

GDO29Anagram

Let's be specific here...

Included with the NWM is a set of overlay textures for use with third-party NWM lots. What happened is that someone else used the same exact IID range that was designated for use with the NAM. For the record, the main IID range that the NAM Team uses is 0x50000000 to 0x5FFFFFFF. If someone else sticks something in that range and it conflicts with the NAM, it's their problem.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Tropod had geoffhaw reserve the entire 0x50000000-0x5FFFFFFF range for the NAM Team in the BSC Texture Index way back in 2004.  A conflict of this sort would indicate that the creator of the lot is not adhering to the Texture Index.  As there's a very understandable language barrier, and that portion of the SC4 community isn't well-linked with this one anymore (particularly as we've lost our main go-betweens), it's almost certainly unintentional, and I'm not sure they're even aware there's an index here and at ST.  It goes to show that you have to be careful with those sorts of files.

-Alex

jdenm8

Actually, I was mistaken. I have since downloaded the file and the textures on the lot use completely different IIDs (FC782DA0 - FC782DCE, F37800D0 - F3780119).

All I can conclude is that you have another mod designed for the NWM, but doesn't use the NWM's Lot Support Package and has its own lot-texture versions of the NWM textures. You will need to do a Binary Plugins search to find the offending plugin and maybe comment on the upload.

EDIT: I had a cursory look on the STEX and found the culprit. You need to remove the NWM TollBooth Pack 1 by TwinsFan14.