• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b22rian

This is a very exciting time for the community in this new year..
That quite soon the  amazing fortress will be released !!  &apls

Thanks again for all your wonderful efforts here to bring this closer to fruition ..  :thumbsup:

belfastsocrates

Personally I'm leaning to the first skin as it looks 'older'

The second skin, in my opinion, looks more like a later recreation of a fortress with the larger block work.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

PaPa-J

The second one. Please.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

pressus

Fantastic :thumbsup:  in every respect - the second version is the best  :thumbsup:
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

Tyberius06

I won't understand this, probably ever. If you have two rendered versions which equally looks fantastic and represent the same high quality, why don't you release both of them? As for me I don't mind which one will be released, but I would release both of them. More choice, more variety always better, specially when both of them is already ready.

- Tyberius

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Andreas

Color-wise, I lean to the first one, but I think both look way too pristine. What I love about your industrials and the railway sheds is all the grim and rust that makes them look lively and run-down, so I would think that a medieval castle or fortress deserves the same amount of decay, some broken or missing stones, moss and ivy here and there, you name it.

Even if the building is supposed to be freshly renovated, it just looks too perfect. Don't get me wrong, the model itself is really fantastic, but maybe my European heritage wants to tell me that castles just have to be old and worn out... ;)
Andreas

pressus

@ Andreas: castles just have to be old and worn out? Not really, old castles don't have to be worn, they can be restored ... like a lot of in Czechia.
If we are to go in this direction, we should also take into account the historical periods of construction and materials used to build castles in various areas.

So everything is good, I think  ;)

Simmer2

So we have:

b22rian N/A

belfastsocrates First texture

PaPa-J Second texture

pressus Second texture

Tyberius06 N/A

Andreas First texture

Looks like a tie. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Im porting those pics over on this page so its easier.

For anyone who interested in this impromptu poll here is the gist of it.

"I would like to release the Fortress as soon as possible so I'm going to leave it up to you, the player, to chose 1 out of 2 different skins.
I went ahead and rendered yet another textured version. They are shown naked. No MPP no base texture, what you see is what you get."

So here is the the one I have shown you before.

And here is the new one, you can clearly see the texture difference.

I will be uploading only one, chose wisely.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

b22rian

sorry , i didnt vote before but now i break the tie :)

Okay so even though the second textures have a cleaner look to them  ( the details of the stones blocks)..

I like the 1st one because the textures have a bit more grainy look to them which to me makes them look more aged in a  realistic way :)

So I chose textures pic # 1  :thumbsup:

Kitsune

yeah pic #1. Casa Loma next .. ? :)
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

Ok so, votes stands as such so far.

b22rian First texture

PaPa-J Second texture

pressus Second texture

Tyberius06 N/A

Andreas First texture

Kitsune First texture

Total is:

#1 X4
#2 X2

Looks like number 1 is on the lead so far. I will wait till later to see if anyone else wants to vote.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Jack_wilds

and I am voting for #2... if it isn't to late....  :thumbsup:
as the texture difference appears more relevant to the model...

pressus

Quote from: Jack_wilds on January 15, 2019, 03:11:17 PM
and I am voting for #2... if it isn't to late....  :thumbsup:
as the texture difference appears more relevant to the model...

I'm glad that texture number 2 is still in the game  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

SO we have 2 more votes over at Simtrop (last 2)

b22rian First texture

PaPa-J Second texture

pressus Second texture

Tyberius06 N/A

Andreas First texture

Kitsune First texture

Huggy-Bear Second texture

sejr99999 Second texture

Total is:

#1 X4
#2 X4

Its a tie again lol....well it seems like both of them will have to be released.
The matter is now settled, thank you for your attention.

On to other interesting items. I was playing with a piece of wire and when I decided to wrap it around a chunk of iron and apply power to it, this happened...

Simmer2

Andreas

I always liked the in-game monorail, but... Transrapid FTW! :) The track looks a little dark around the train for some reason, so the contrast to the pillars is a little stark, but the train model is absolutely superb!
Andreas

belfastsocrates

Maglev!!!

Tres exciting. The train model is gorgeous. I agree with Andreas about the supports, they're perhaps just a little stark.

Loving the concept though, great to see someone looking at this :D
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

pressus

I agree with the previous speakers.
I must say I don't like monorail in the game, but your suggestion is very good, and the only problem is the black rail - it looks like there was no texture, I think you can handle this problem well, so good luck  :thumbsup:

mattb325

Great to see the fortress(es) released. Loving the new stuff. Will he monorail be a functional over-ride?  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Andreas, belfastsocrates, pressus I know lol, everything has been textured but that's besides the point. It just a proof of concept for Maglev, it will never leave my hard drive.
It looks nice but its only props, no automatas in those pics. I did the whole thing in a couple of hours so yea not the most detailed project. Thanks guys!

mattb325 Hi Matt . I doubt it very much it will ever be an actual override for the monorail  :D

I have shown this before but I just finished a new tram model and wanted to showcase it in my quad GLR mini spur. I even gave it night lights :) I also made a quick catenary for this occasion.

Simmer2

pressus

I love building tram traction in cities!
These trams really are good  :thumbsup:
You'll prepare the plop or mod version also?