• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air6

When I see these pictures, I am said that you are an artist. Bravo :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

Very rarely we are given such a fantastic source of inspiration as in this MD. Like so many who have commented here I am stunned by the amount of detail in your city.
The huge plaza with the fountains is such a beautiful and elegant design, it would be the pride of any city in the real world.

jen_p

You really have an eye for detail. This is a beautiful city. I await the next installment with bated breath.
My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

Fledder200

50....wow......now i can die happy!!!

Q: were do you get those awnings and shop fronts, that u use infront of the "shops", from?
i seached the whole LOT editor...but couldn't find any thing like yours...is it from a costum made prop pack?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

goin2chicago

i just looked through your whole cj and all i could say was oh my god. the amount of time you put into this is so easy t see and the pics are absolutely the best ever. all your lot editing really pays off and if you were able to share those lots with us i would probably die. lol. i am going to be anticipating the next update from you!

thundercrack83

Wow, awesome work once again! SO many great shots, I don't know how you do some of the stuff that you do, but it's absolutely magnificent! Keep up the good work!

CabraBuitre

I said as much in the thread at Simphony... but this has been my favorite update so far.  You get SO many beautiful pictues.  And that's not to say, by any stretch of the imagination, that the other updates lacked beauty... they've all been beautiful, but these seem so realistic, so much like photographs...

Just amazing!

Check out Abelfarei!

Badsim

A few replies ...

Nik-Nik It's Somy's school ( from a few years ago , now ...) here asociated with Porkie's ArtDeco school , more details about this association in thread "LotEditor Projects" , I've intended to upload this , but actually the list of dependencies is really too impressive ...

Fledder200 , the Maxis front shop props are listed as "CSF ......" , you can also use a set from Deadwoods : DEDWD Small Shop Prop Pack (these are more generic but better looking at night) and a set of canopies from Dolphin66 (I think in a BSC Mega Props Pack ).And please , stay alive ... :P

goin2chicago I can't upload my 2 Go of plugins ,(if it were possible , I would do ! ) but a first Lot is available , link in the thread "LotEditor Projects" (Don't wait for them on the LEX or STEX) : Osturland GreatHall V2 by Yoder7652 ...

Kimcar LOL , if I were a real mayor , I would be lynched since a long  $%Grinno$%...AntiGone is a city of billionaires .

Go back to "work" , see you soon ...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Kokopelli

Very nice. I like your city

your_adress_here

Ta ville a tellement de charme! J'aime la facon tout est connecté; il n'y a rien qui n'est pas, d'une facon ou d'une autre, connecté au reste de la ville. Et le détail! On dirait que chaque fois je regarde ta ville, j'y découvre quelque chose de nouveau. Je dois dire que tu est un jouer de Simcity exemplaire!
Bookah!

keithsed

All of your streets, plazas, buildings, art pieces, canals all seem to fit together so logically and seamlessly.  I don't think we devotees realize how much time and care it took to make them look so realistic. 

All I can say is you have the TALENT!!

Great work.

Keith

Adriano57

Antigone est vraiment une ville sensationnelle ! Tu es vraiment un très grand paysagiste urbain !

In other words I ADORE your city. Fantastic work Badsim !  &apls

Fred_Ginger

No offense Badsim but you are really, really bad for my ego!  I look at your city and then look at my poor pathetic attempts, it's just sad, that's all, just sad.... :-[  Now that is off my chest ::), I really like how you used the 'book' library, that is getting to be one of my most favorite buildings, especially at night when it's lit up!  and the way you used the canals, I wish I had words to express how awesome this MD is! &dance &dance &dance
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

thundercrack83

QuoteNo offense Badsim but you are really, really bad for my ego!  I look at your city and then look at my poor pathetic attempts, it's just sad, that's all, just sad....

I have to agree! With your outstanding work, you've motivated me and crushed my dreams simultaneously! Keep it up!

Cali

awe-inspiring work ...one of the best md's i've seen. keep it up! :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Badsim

Fred_Ginger & thundercrack83 : I don't know if I could give some good advices ... be patient , have a deep consideration about that you want , assess your interest for SC4 and if you know It's the "game of your life" , take the LotEditor way ! I must admit it takes a lot of time , actually I can spend 10/12 hours a day on LE ... well , I know I'm a lucky guy : I'm working in tourism from April to October , 7 days a week ( even if it's forbidden in France !) so during these months I will have no time for SC4 ... I must also tell here that my friends & family find me totally crazy ! It's an addiction ; here my definition of an addiction : an improbable way found to accept a little more to live in an unacceptable world . No less , no more .

It's not a real update , this part of AntiGone is one of the most ancient . Each time I saw it , I thought something was wrong ...

Obviously this building is out of place ....

... and for these , my style have changed , so ...

I have tried the new version of Maddison Gallery by Deadwoods , now named Jordan Gallery , but finally I prefer the first version even If it's not perfectly textured , the other one is too straight .

Peace of  earth ... an utopia , but what else as  headlamp for humanity , Mars ?

Now , I wonder about "Charles Darwin's Park "... New BSC's grassy textures , new trees from jeronij since I've made it .... hmm...  %wrd

your_adress_here , thank you for your effort to speak french , myself I'm glad this game is an occasion to improve my english vocabulary . ;)

To the next .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

bat

The new version of Maddison Gallery looks excellent! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Giligone

Splendid! That last overview pic is really nice. Even though you've used many non-parisian buildings you've still acheived a very parisian atmosphere of your city. Just excellent work. That park is wonderfully done. I don't think you need to remake charles darwin park though, hehe.

CabraBuitre

I'm intrigued to see what you've got planned for Darwin Park!

Keep up the great work!

Check out Abelfarei!

dedgren

Badsim-  I have to tell you that I am still looking at the "50+" pics (which I finally DL'd- I didn't want folks to think I was living in your MD) and now you come along and give us an insight into the revitalization of ancient AntigOne.  Your insight into the cityscape is incredible- it's ultra clean without being sterile, and has just enough of a touch of whimsy to keep the eye way wide open for those little "extras" you so masterfully add.

I haven't forgotten about your post as to rural roads, lots and sidewalks [linkie].  Thanks so much for the input, and we'll be taking the topic further over the coming weekend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax