• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

vortext

OSITM may be over but you just keep churning out excellent updates, don't you!?  :thumbsup:

The shrine and surrounding area is gorgeous, as is the rest if the city. The only thing that bothers me are the rather large tetrapods. They seem out of place to me, especially in that small urban canal, which in itself is a great idea btw. The mmp park is pretty neat as well. 

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 02, 2012, 02:47:45 PM
I'm rather curious to see a region view shot

I'll second that!  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Dantes

One of your best updates ever !  :thumbsup: Amazing brother !  :o

Framly

Great mosaic! The shrine looks perfect in this scenery!

:)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

nas-t

Oh wow - great mosaic again  &apls I like the mixture of traditional and modern buildings and very nice harbour.

Swordmaster

Very well made. I may need to go over all of that again.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Beautiful mosaic and update Arthur  &apls  I love the seaport area too!

And fantastic work in your OSITM!!!

art128

Hello!

Thanks for the comments guys.

I have a region view for you! :D

I agree with you Vortext about the tetrapods, Though I was too lazy to remove them once plopped!  $%Grinno$%

So today just an update composed of urban scenes and the region view.

I hope you liked this update!

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

wallasey

Interesting looking region! I like the highway layout!

The first city image complimented your region view I thought.

Gugu3

Very nice Arthur!!!love all the details of pictures!!!nice region shot!!!! &apls

Swordmaster

Wow, Arthur. I love the region view, despite that it's not finished. Very nice views!

Cheers
Willy

Framly

Very nice overview! The urban scenes looks also fantastic!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

gn_leugim

Shark7

Been away a bit, been busy at work, so I've read the last few pages of comments today.

First off,  just in case anyone doesn't understand, my whole deal with the LNG tank is more a joke than anything else, which I think Arthur realized.  Also, I realize Arthur is just trying to recreate a real city in game.  And real cities don't aren't always arranged in ways that make the most sense from a safety or aesthetic point of view. 

To be sure, I live in a town that has a large rain elevator right in the middle of a residential district...the elevator was there first, the houses were built around it.  After 100 years, the original zoning plan (if there was one 100 years ago) has long since fallen by the wayside.  There is always the danger (however small) of something going wrong and the town just disappears with those things.

Now with that hopefully cleared up, on to the latest update:

This appears to be a transition from a commercial district to a light residential district.  This scene I can relate to, as this is not unlike the town I live in.  You have a few multi-story wall to wall buildings that have been there 100 years that act as commercial enterprises...many of which had apartments on the upper floors (no longer in use in my town).  And right across  the street from those you have single family dwellings.  To be honest, I'd feel right at home driving down the street you have pictured here.  It looks good, and nothing here looks out of place.

One thing I do like about Asian cities is their colorful signage in the commercial districts.  It takes what would be bland, boring concrete and gives it some vibrant, colorful life.  Cities here in the US have regulations that prevent such signage...a city not far from me is currently debating even more restrictions on signage.

Overall, another very nice update Arthur.  &apls

vortext

Impressive region views Arthur!  &apls

Now of course it begs the question; what's the population count?!   ;)

Looking forward to new developments, which there'll be many to come by the looks of it!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sunv123

Two Trumpets right next to each other! $%Grinno$%

That commercial district looks very alive, and vibrant like how they really do in japan.

Can't wait to see what the region looks like when it's completed.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Ol.S / Benoit

I love these urban scenes ! And the region looks pretty amazing :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

nbvc

Nice region overview and gread urban images. &apls

Dantes

Your city is growing rapidly, and I like your map very much.  :thumbsup: You can do it very nicely presented modern buildings and the atmosphere of your region.  :satisfied:

Again great work Brother  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November