• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How Big is Your Plugins Folder?

Started by bwatterud, March 24, 2007, 05:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

I'm proud.  ;D

My Plugins folder is 2GB, no thanks to BSC. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Heinz

right now, around 700mb. but with all the things i see (in the SC4D LEX, mostly)... i'm guessing it could go up to 1-2gig. that's going to be harsh on my system, however.  :'(

dioangel

mine is somewhat 672mb.. yes I'm also a picky downloader.  :P

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

meldolion

mine is 1.21 GB, I'm not so picky about downloads :D

dioangel

mine was almost THAT BIG a looong time ago when I started SC4  :D :D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

M4346

I really have to sort mine out, I'm ashamed of it... :P

It is 2.01 GB with 3379 files... *sigh*
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Spartan968

Only 75.8 mb  ()sad(). But I have only been here a few days, and almost all of my downloads come from here.
"So long as there are men there will be wars."
- Albert Einstein

spartanB292

Hey, Another Spartan!

having just cleaned out my hd, i'm down to 2828 files, 468 folders at 780 mb

or, if ya wanna prove microsofts math, 818,180,096 bytes at 1023 megs per kilo per byte

Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos to you sir!

mightygoose

just shy of 3gb..... its not too bad on the loading time as i compressed it a total of three times into one big 1.2gb single dat file....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

JJ

Mine used to be 3gb, but it is now 0... As it doesn't exist as I reformatted and haven't reinstalled sim city 4 yet  &hlp

thundercrack83

Quote from: M4346 on April 18, 2007, 02:47:18 PM
I really have to sort mine out, I'm ashamed of it... :P

It is 2.01 GB with 3379 files... *sigh*

I've had the same problem as you. My folder wasn't as big as yours, but it was so disorganized it was disgusting. I sat down for about three hours from 2:00 -- 5:00 AM one night and revamped the entire thing, now it's much more organized and growing every day! I'm up to about 980 MB after using the DatPacker.

Xiziz

26 files, 6 folder @ 861mb, yes i did run Dat-Packer recently ^__^, got 5 compressed files and 21 non compressed ones.

Used to have 4+gb but when swiching region from Vando to Krim i decided to throw out the majority, since they would'nt fit anyway.

Tarkus

Well, I just downloaded a bunch of stuff (including just about everything Somy produced :D), and haven't used the DatPacker on it yet, so right now, the main plug-in folder is at 1.09GB.  I've got an additional 545MB in the PluginsDisabled folder (I'm using SC4StartupManager), so total, I've got 1.64GB altogether.  A couple months ago it was only about 700MB--I've been going crazy since starting my MD. :D

-Alex

Rayden

Well, I'm building my plugins folder from scratch now, so, it's rather small yet, a couple hundred megabytes, but, the one before that I still have it a a dvd, was, after packing it with SC4DatPacker, 2.9 gigabytes :P

snorrelli

3.3 GB, compressed with SC4Datpacker. I recently tried to load and play the game with the uncompressed files... don't know how I ever did it before! ::)
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Vario80

Mine is rather small. Right now i have 561 MB of files in my plugins folder yet. All files are uncompressed.
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

socomseal45

Mine is 1.43GB big with 5,420 files and 1,362 folders.  It will probably gain another 10MB today.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into 
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

bwatterud

I've been trying to trim mine down recently, but the fact that I just downloaded the entire CSK didn't help.   ()sad()

JJ

Rather than 0gb mine is 975mb. It's building up.

Zaphod

~700 mb right now. I try to avoid going over 1 GB

when I download, I try to pick out only things I absolutely know I will use. If it doesnt get built, It gets deleted

As every good lego builder knows if you take out every piece you only think you may need out of the bin and put it by your side, all you end up with is a big disorganized mess on the table/floor
War Kittens !?