• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What's Your Level Of SC4 Addiction?

Started by Exla357, May 15, 2011, 06:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark7

Well not sure where my addiction falls.  I don't play regularly, but when I get in the mood it will be all I play for a couple of weeks.

Plugins folder is 5+ GB uncompressed (actually down from what it used to be after the HD failure).

Still, considering the age of the game, that I still play it at all has to say something.  :D

Exla357

Kitsune

A meagre 10 days, 13 hours and 10 minutes. I play SC4 anywhere from 0 to 20 hours a week... depends how much I need a break in life at times. Plugins folder tips the scale at 5.2GB. I also play with a *legal* DRM-free version of SC4 deluxe these days.
~ NAM Team Member

legoman786

My plugins folder:

7,702 files with 1,513 folders sitting at 3.14GB on disk.

Keep in mind that I keep this DatPacked!!!

That's only my backup folder. :D

My actual plugins folder reads this:

457 files with 76 folders at 2.80GB on disk.

My wife has to force me into bed I stay up so late sometimes. ???

ivo_su

Well I got over 4 GB of Plugins and play this game in 2006 for implying that I have played more than 10 full months of that time until now. Sometimes I feel like I have more than 30 hours per week  in the game.

Ivo

CityDog17

Am glad this post started. Don't feel like I'm suffering from some kind of OCD now (or maybe?)! 
Some weeks not play as much as others but figuring on max time spent:

• Game time: 12 or more hrs. per week.  Including playing in A.M. while getting ready for work, eating breakfast, etc.
    Plugins: 1.16 gB. This does not include some used before major crash of 2010 or those from LEX DVD not tried yet.
    Regions: 218 mB (in MyDocs folder)
    Log-in time SC4D: 3D 6hrs. 30 min.
    Start time SC4D: Nov 2009
    Actually started playing Simcity in the late 90's on an old 486 PC. Never had 3000 version. Stopped while returned to university to get BS degree at late date and started playing again somewhere in 2003-2005.  :thumbsup:

io_bg

I personally don't have a timetable of how frequently I play SC4. It depends - sometimes I'm full of ideas and I want to play, some time else I don't have any inspiration. So I might play SC4 from 0 hours ($%Grinno$%) to more than 20 hours a week.
My plugins folder is 3.35 GB, this is what I managed to collect from various sites for 9 months (since October 2010 when my HDD failed so I had to start from scratch).
I've been playing SC4 since 2005. In May 2008 I discovered Simtropolis and in 6 June - SC4Devotion. At first I was amazed when I found out about the NAM. I had no idea that there are still so many people who play and mod the game. Thanks to them I'm still here, after almost 3 years :thumbsup: And for these 3 years I have spend 43 days, 4 hours and 10 minutes reading and posting in this wonderful forum.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

six9nc

I got hooked with SC 3000.  Yes that seems so long ago and dated but hey it offered me freedom to right the wrongs of many of mayors and politicians. OK the facts...  Plugins-1.25 gb,  regions-425mb, gameplay 10 hours a week most on the weekends.  I like to use sundays as my play day since it is the day of rest and I dont really have a lot going on that day. I have been a member of simtrop since 05 and found scdev in 09 I think.  Once I found out about custom content I cant stop building and building and trying different techniques that I learn from tutorials.  I love this game and I do wish a newer version would come that includes all of the things that all the great modders and batters have created.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

gamzdude

I am very addicted to Sim city 4 cant get my mind off it  ;D :D $%Grinno$% my addiction level is very high have 1.73 GB of plugins and play non stop every day Sim city 4 kicks Sim city 2000/3000/unlimited in there rear ends best game ever.