• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What's Your Level Of SC4 Addiction?

Started by Exla357, May 15, 2011, 06:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exla357

So we all know and love that game SimCity 4. I just had an idea for this thread to make sure I'm not the only one that is completely obsessed.
So if you don't mind I would like all of you to tell us how much you are addicted by sharing the size of your plugins and how often you boot up SimCity 4. Keep in mind this is loose and extra posting is encouraged.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example:
I have (x) amount of plugins and play SC4 (when do you play?), so about (x) hours a week. (other thoughts)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll start:
My total login time is 2 days, 7 hours, and1 minute.I have 2 GB of plugins and play SC4 every time I boot up my game computer, so about 8-10 hours a week. It seems that I am always thinking about other ways to play that I haven't tried yet, and that every day is something new.
Some Lists As Of May 17, thanks to mrtnrln
Number of posts:
1. Pat: 8 817
2. bat: 8 174
3. thundercrack83: 6380
4. RippleJet: 6128
5. Tarkus: 5713
6. rooker1: 5424
7. BarbyW: 5300
8. dedgren: 4093
8. Andreas: 3950
10. art128: 3759
28. mrtnrln: 2183
29. Exla357: 101

Most time on-line
1. Tarkus: 252d 7h 18m
2. rooker1: 218d 19h 44m
3. thundercrack83: 207d 9h 40m
4. JoeST: 137d 5h 12m
5. z: 126d 19h 10m
6. dedgren: 124d 14h 41m
7. RippleJet: 123d 6h 42m
8. Jmouse: 111d 4h 35m
9. Diggis: 96d 3h 39m
10. Travis: 91d 21h 43m
11. Exla357: 2d 7h 1m

Your turn  :thumbsup:!

-Alex

jacksunny

I have 977 MB of plugins and play simcity as often as I can.

jdenm8

I have 2.93GB of Plugins (6,127 individual files) and I play SC4 as often as I can, around 5-7 hours a week depending on the University workload.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

greckman

I have 771MB of Plugins (only because I got a new PC 3 months ago and I've been very selective this time in what I download) and I play as often as I can which is between 3-5 days a week.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

blade2k5

3+gb of plugins, play once in awhile, though I haven't played in a few months because my disk drawer won't open on my pc, thus I can't put the game disk in to play.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

FrankU

I have so many plungins I forgot. I definitely do not have enough, because I am working on a large amount of new ones. They'll be uploaded when they are ready (see my signature).

I think about the game many times a day.
I check this site almost every second day (hence my large amount of replies (total time loggend in: 20 days, 4 hours and 24 minutes)). Sometimes I check Simtropolis and Simpeg, but I hardly ever reply there.
I play the game and/or Lot-edit my SC4 files about 5 hours a week.

My addiction? It is that large that I dream of having a whole week off (job, wife, children, dishwashing, eating, everything...) to be able to play several days without distractions.

noahclem

Hehe, nice thread  :D

I'd categorize myself as a functional SC4 addict  ;)  While it hasn't been detrimental to my work or personal relationships (besides occasionally annoying my girlfriend) I wouldn't say that I've never played it at work or around my girlfriend.

To quantify, total time logged in here 19 days, 11 hrs, 48 mins; ~2GB in current plugins (though there's a lot more space taken up by unused plugins, pictures, backups, etc). I probably spend 5-15 hours playing SC4 itself most weeks.

metarvo

I've been logged in 34 days, 23 hours and 17 minutes.  I check this site virtually every day.  I check some of the other major SC4 sites fairly often, too.  My Plugins folder is 1.54 GB (datpacked from 1.68 GB).  I have an abundance of SC4 utilities, too, including B.A.T., LE, PIM, PIM-X, SC4Tool, Cleanitol, Datpacker, and of course the good old Reader. 

While I don't necessarily play the game every day ( :o ) , I usually do something SC4-related every day, whether it's scouting for downloads or playing around in the B.A.T.  I even had a dream about browsing the LEX once, and I was thinking, "It's gotta be there!" although I can't remember what file I was looking for in this dream.  I find myself thinking of RL roads and highways in terms of RHW-2, RHW-4, TLA-5, etc., although I don't ever say it out loud because everyone else would be like, "What in the world are you talking about?" %wrd
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Diggis

Quote from: metarvo on May 16, 2011, 05:50:59 AM
I've been logged in 34 days, 23 hours and 17 minutes. 

Rookie....  :P 96 days, 2 hours and 12 minutes

Hi, my name's Diggis and I'm a recovering SC4aholic.   I've been on hiatis for about 18 months now, although have just reinstalled BAT and the game. My plugins are empty though.  ;)

MandelSoft

I've been logged for 43 days, 21 hours and 35 minutes.

Level of addiction to SC4? Well, let's say that 20 hours a week I'm playing SimCity4 or doing related stuff,  an with a 3GB plugins you could say I'm pretty addicted.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

WC_EEND

6GB of plugins over here, currently SC4 is on hold because of a broken disc. So currently I play 0 hours of SC4 per week  :P
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Tarkus

My online time is ridiculous, though that's usually because I have the site almost constantly in a tab while doing other things and refreshing regularly.  Due to RL, SC4 time's been down to about 0-2 hours a week.  My figures are probably in the vicinity of Maarten's most of the rest of the time, however.

-Alex

JoeST

I haven't really played seriously in about a year, though I do have it installed (via steam) along with the NAM, RHW and CAM, and have touched it a few times. I stopped coming here a while back, but have started reappearing again...and somehow am still in the top 5 online-time >.>
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Diggis

Quote from: Tarkus on May 16, 2011, 09:41:49 PM
My online time is ridiculous, though that's usually because I have the site almost constantly in a tab while doing other things and refreshing regularly. 

252 days!?  :o

MandelSoft

Some lists about our addiction:

Number of posts:

• 1. Pat: 8 817
  • 2. bat: 8 174
  • 3. thundercrack83: 6380
  • 4. RippleJet: 6128
  • 5. Tarkus: 5713
  • 6. rooker1: 5424
  • 7. BarbyW: 5300
  • 8. dedgren: 4093
  • 8. Andreas: 3950
  • 10. art128: 3759
  • 28. mrtnrln: 2183 (me!)

Most time on-line

• 1. Tarkus: 252d 7h 18m
  • 2. rooker1: 218d 19h 44m
  • 3. thundercrack83: 207d 9h 40m
  • 4. JoeST: 137d 5h 12m
  • 5. z: 126d 19h 10m
  • 6. dedgren: 124d 14h 41m
  • 7. RippleJet: 123d 6h 42m
  • 8. Jmouse: 111d 4h 35m
  • 9. Diggis: 96d 3h 39m
  • 10. Travis: 91d 21h 43m

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JoeST

Indeed Pat and bat like fighting for the top post spot :D XD I'm surprised I am still so high on the time online list, havent really been online for a while >.>
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Rayden

I'm pretty addicted too. Member here since December 2006, and at Simtropolis since February 2003 (there were only a dozen members when I signed in). I have been here logged for 41 days, 21 hours and 13 minutes and have done 1083 posts. I spend around 2 to 3 hours a day with this addiction and my Docs/SC4 is 10,2 Gb big, whereas the plugins is 4,2 Gb and the rest is images, works in progress, maps and compressed plugins.

sim_vern

Total time of 23 hours and 15 minutes, so low man on the totem pole here.  Currently spend about 2-3 hours doing different things related to the game.  I consider myself still a newb after having put the game down for a few years.  And back then I didn't spend as much time trying to learn the different facets of the game.  Moved my system over from XP to W7 so I decided to just start from scratch all over again. Instead of downloading and installing everything, I am just taking it a few steps at at time.  And this time I'm using the DIC to help me stay organized. My plugins folder currently sit at 1.16GB.  I consider it my primary game at this time.

Exla357

Thank you for those lists, Maarten. I will add them to the first post. How do you make it sticky?

-Alex

Diggis

Quote from: Exla357 on May 18, 2011, 01:53:57 PM
Thank you for those lists, Maarten. I will add them to the first post. How do you make it sticky?

-Alex

Posts have to be stickied by moderators.  I'm not sure this one needs to be sorry.  :)