• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Airport Road Curve - Texture Request

Started by PLT, June 10, 2009, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLT

Hi all,

In my new (as realistic as possible) airport, I also want to make roads which can be used by airport service vehicles.
There is a straight-road overlay texture, but there is no curved-road overlay texture.
I can't make any kind of textures, so that why I want to rely on a friendly member of SC4D to make  a texture like this for me.
Here is the straight-road overlay texture:

And here is a rough sketch of what I want it to look like:

If there is anyone who wants to make this for me, I would be very happy!

Thanks in advance,
Pat

P.S.
It should be an overlay texture, not base
And the lines should of course be white, not black  ;)

vershner

How big does it need to be? 1x1 or 2x2?

PLT

I prefer 1x1, but both is fine.

Pat

Hey there PLT do you happen to know where that overlay texture came from? I could also do something for ya's just need a starting point  ;)  Would you want it to be another overlay or would base texture be fine?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

joelyboy911

I beleive the texture comes from the original RMIP, or one of the other AC team releases 
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Pat

thanks Joelyboy... also Pat sorry didn't see that you already answered my question before it was even asked lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

PLT

Quote from: joelyboy911 on July 05, 2009, 02:07:13 PM
I beleive the texture comes from the original RMIP, or one of the other AC team releases 

You're right, it comes from the RMIP SAE Vol.3, overlaytexture number 0xb113c565.

Pat

no report yet of how I am doing cause I am still trying to get the overlay right for being just that the overlay lol... I have however created a left, right turn pieces, T and 4 way intersections

PLT

OW, WOW!!!

Thanks man, and even intersections!!!

You're my hero!!!

Pat

naw me no hero, I am just an average smuck lol

PLT

Average Smuck....
One of the senior members @ SC4D, and he calls himself "average smuck"...

OK, that's enough

Pat

LoL well I know but still... I was having a bit of problems and so what I did was do a fresh start on the textures and here is what I got done so far... These are only a rough draft atm....

remember Pat these are just a rough redraft here... I will be fine tunning them again again till its perfect to the T lol.....

joelyboy911

Hmmm. I made a 90 degree curve. I made it to line up nicely with AC's. I was about to start thinking about diagonals and Ts and Xs. They will quite possibly be included in my upcoming release encompassing many regional airport lots: Covered walkways, turning circle gate markings and the ATR turboprops.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

PLT

Quote from: Pat on July 07, 2009, 03:27:37 AM
LoL well I know but still... I was having a bit of problems and so what I did was do a fresh start on the textures and here is what I got done so far... These are only a rough draft atm....

remember Pat these are just a rough redraft here... I will be fine tunning them again again till its perfect to the T lol.....

Alright then!

I'll wait patiently for you to finish them.

Good luck!
Quote from: joelyboy911 on July 07, 2009, 03:58:23 AM
Hmmm. I made a 90 degree curve. I made it to line up nicely with AC's. I was about to start thinking about diagonals and Ts and Xs. They will quite possibly be included in my upcoming release encompassing many regional airport lots: Covered walkways, turning circle gate markings and the ATR turboprops.

OK, nice to heart this!

Pat

Quote from: joelyboy911 on July 07, 2009, 03:58:23 AM

Joelyboy would you happen to have the texture that I can also use? I tried extracting from mine but it seems vista is being a pain for me so I am just doing alltogether rough start...

joelyboy911

They aren't done yet. I was testing them yesterday in LE. Some didn't line up correctly.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

pilotdaryl

I've been looking to release a set of "airport road" lots I have made for a long time now... I might just prepare the documentation a bit early looking at the demand.
The set's a bit limited though, with only straight sections, a 1x1 sharp curve, T and X intersections, certain lots with random airport vehicles on them, no diagonals, and no proper connector (whether gated or not)to a transit-enabled network (though I've managed to find a workaround by plopping a street toll booth where an exit is supposed to be.)

Pat

That would be sweet there PD for sure!!! But since now I got going on this little side step I dunno if I can bare to lose interest in making this lol....

Joelyboy one thing that I found out when testing textures is open up a new file in what ever editing program you use to make the texture and try to line up the textures from there....

PLT

Hmmm...
Seems there's a lot of interest, and I'm not the only one in need of something like this.
I'll see what happens the coming period.

Good luck guys!

Pat

Hey Pat here is a small update here.... this is an alignment test to show how mostly all is coming along....

as you can see the X intersection is the only one I got left to finish up on....