• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Viceroyalty of Perseus

Started by belfastsocrates, May 17, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unconstantean

belfastsocrates

Thanks to all of you that took the time to read and comment over this year. The on-going support is much appreciated.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year!

Lots of new stuff planned for 2016...... ;)
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Vizoria

Have a great Christmas, you made some great entries and the industrial ones were good to. I'm also glad you resolved the worst of your CTD problems to.

Framly

What a nice picture! Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

compdude787

Yeah, I like that picture too! Merry Christmas to you, too!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Excellent Christmas shot! Have a lot of ideas and inspiration in 2016! :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

feyss

Amazing picture  ;)

Merry Christmas my friend  :)

Nanami

Nice picture! :) looking forward with the stuff planned in next year!

belfastsocrates

I've been finishing off a residential area close to the University of Passau and the logistics area shown previously. I've also been working on other areas but they'll be shown later in the month :)

I haven't really shown much residential development before so I'm hoping this satisfies, I'm open to constructive comments as well.

This area of the large tile will be further developed with more residential and it'll border a large regional hospital which I'm lotting various things for and a modern GLR depot, which will utilise MGB's new depot building.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Themistokles

That's what I call a nice area! :thumbsup: But why am I not surprised by the lushness and the amount of parks and public spaces? $%Grinno$%
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Vizoria

Very well done, I like your spacey green style. The MMP playground was a nice touch as was the rest of the MMP flora. I only have two tiny gripes: 1. In the flats in pictures 2 to 4 the driveways aren't connected to the street, there is the elevated railway trick to create a fake intersection, but I'm sure you know of this; 2. The small pathways in the playground, they look to blotchy whereas using Heblem's paths gives it a grittier yet smoother look.

But those are the only small gripes I have. This is a great residential area where the housing and the parks balance out very well.

Nanami

Nicely work residential areas! I like those apartments complexes. Its an interesting usage of different styles like those japanese school in 7th and 8th picture, it nicely blend the area with those park works!

kbieniu7

Well, I won't be original. I copy the previous posts, that it looks very nice with parks, shops and sport infrastructure mixed amog the residential buildings :) All in nice autumnal colours!

Btw - may I ask, where did you get the blocks from the first photo from?  ::)

mgb204

Great work as always, so many little details :).

I'd love to know where you got the Pedbridge? UK content is in very short supply, but I'm always in awe of how you've managed to get a coherent UK feel to your cities.

Quote from: Vizoria on January 01, 2016, 03:09:13 PM
...there is the elevated railway trick to create a fake intersection, but I'm sure you know of this

If not, I recently posted an image showing this here.

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 02, 2016, 03:28:56 AM

That's from MattB325, you can find it on the STEX

Dantes

Very modern urban space. I like this atmosphere. Great work again!  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Quote from: mgb204 on January 02, 2016, 03:58:00 AM
Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 02, 2016, 03:28:56 AM
That's from MattB325, you can find it on the STEX

Thanks!  :)

belfastsocrates

Quote from: mgb204 on January 02, 2016, 03:58:00 AM
I'd love to know where you got the Pedbridge?

I'll check the name in-game and let you know

I only discovered the TE trick a few days ago, after I placed that large apartment complex, so I'm going to revise it to show connected driveways as I did with the Tesco lot

belfastsocrates

Apologies for the double post.

The bridge, for those interested, is from the Bridges of Shoreline County by DocRorlach pack, available on Working Man's site - http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/wmp_downlist05.asp

Mandarin(a)

Some nice residential over here :) Keep developing Perseus, it's totally worth it.

manga rivotra

Very good work at the residential area and the Christmas pic was absolutely fantastic  :thumbsup: