• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Haljackey's SimCity 4 Archives

Started by Haljackey, May 04, 2008, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: SimCity V6 on September 23, 2020, 08:11:53 AM
Awesome work as always. I do have a question, however. Why did the MHW get an upgrade?

Hi there- are you referring to the last post? Those upgrades were done over the years to keep up with city growth until I ultimately replaced it.

It now makes the entire region MHW-free. This was the last holdout.

This junction is featured in my latest UDI video- which showcases a fully controlled-access, 100% pure RHW drive from the border of my region to the heart of the mega-city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umirOGphzm0

SimCity V6

Quote from: Haljackey on September 23, 2020, 08:34:08 AM
Quote from: SimCity V6 on September 23, 2020, 08:11:53 AM
Awesome work as always. I do have a question, however. Why did the MHW get an upgrade?

Hi there- are you referring to the last post? Those upgrades were done over the years to keep up with city growth until I ultimately replaced it.

It now makes the entire region MHW-free. This was the last holdout.

This junction is featured in my latest UDI video- which showcases a fully controlled-access, 100% pure RHW drive from the boarder of my region to the heart of the mega-city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umirOGphzm0

Correct. I can definitely see the expanded capacity with your new RHW and its redesigned interchange fruits.

What are your plans with the network now? Do you plan to incorporate some Project Symphony stretches, experiment with the MHW system elsewhere or drop it altogether?

Still, great job as always seamlessly fixing up the highway.  &apls

Haljackey

Quote from: SimCity V6 on September 23, 2020, 12:45:16 PM

What are your plans with the network now? Do you plan to incorporate some Project Symphony stretches, experiment with the MHW system elsewhere or drop it altogether?

It's never done. For this particular highway, some stretches of it were built with RHW 4.0 and are due for a makeover. Some of the interchanges may be rebuilt to better standards at some point, and the last bit of the highway to the south is going to get a bit of development before it reaches for the hills.

Always something to do. That's why I like to leave a lot of room around the highways for future expansion/rework if needed. If only governments in real life did this more often...  $%Grinno$%

SimCity V6

Quote from: Haljackey on September 24, 2020, 05:54:01 AM
Quote from: SimCity V6 on September 23, 2020, 12:45:16 PM

It's never done. For this particular highway, some stretches of it were built with RHW 4.0 and are due for a makeover. Some of the interchanges may be rebuilt to better standards at some point, and the last bit of the highway to the south is going to get a bit of development before it reaches for the hills.

Always something to do. That's why I like to leave a lot of room around the highways for future expansion/rework if needed. If only governments in real life did this more often...  $%Grinno$%

Correction... I was primarily referring to your use of the Maxis Highway as a whole, and what do you plan to do with it wherever you play the game.

As for your city highways, I can see what you are doing. I do see how much change the RHW has seen since then, especially with the integration of FLEX and the rise of L1 overpasses.

And I do agree. Sometimes, there are some valuable things that get in the way of highway improvements.

Haljackey

Quote from: SimCity V6 on September 24, 2020, 01:49:31 PM

Correction... I was primarily referring to your use of the Maxis Highway as a whole, and what do you plan to do with it wherever you play the game.

I have no plans to use Maxis highway in my region. The last time I used it was in 2010, 10 years ago.