• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Onubis Federation (AIN) - Arab Spring in Onubis

Started by Evillions8, December 03, 2010, 08:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Great pictures. I like the selection of fancy skyscrapers. An interesting contrast to the small buildings.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

bat

Dantes

Great. It's really cool. I loved the last picture  :)

Evillions8

With the extra funds, the Kaihal government decided to transform several local shops into hotels and offices.  For now, the area is being cleared and the last buildings are still under demolition.

Construction has begun and the construction layouts will change overtime.

With all buildings completed, tourists and locals flock to the new sites.

Although there is more projects to be completed, at least the city center is mostly reconstructed.

======================
Replies:

RickD:  Thanks!

Terring7:  Thank you!

bat:  Thanks mate!

Dantes:  Thank you!  :)

Dantes

The skyline looks great. The beach there looks very nice. Great overall impression.

rooker1

Awesome update.  I love the time lapsed constrution pics.
The 3rd and 4th images are mirrored of each other.  I could figure out why the building was on the other side in the second picture.
Love the city layout.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Evillions8

Onubis Common Cuisine
Throughout the Middle Eastern world, food has exchanged ideas and culture such as techniques of cooking.  For example, an international known food is the Falafel.  This meal consists of pita bread with deep fried, breaded balls, and vegetables.

Kebabs are another globally known food.  Basically, its a stick with any basic food groups excluding oils.

Possibly the most famous Middle Eastern cuisine is Hummus.  Hummus is used as a food dip or spread and made with chickpeas, sesame, lemon, and garlic.
=========================================================

Onubisian Roots

Before the Ottoman Empire dissolved, its influence spread through various of Western European nations such as Greece and Sybria.  This small city was somewhere in present-day Sybria.

This town square used to serve as public executions and humiliations.  Today, it serves as a place for public gatherings.  Besides this, the city's museum is in front of the square - showcasing historical Middle Eastern art.

The city at night, the museum is close currently as its hours are 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. 

------------------------------------------------------

Onubisain Historical Art

A historical handwoven Middle Eastern rug that dates back to Ancient Persia.  Today, handwoven Persian rugs are much more expensive than machine produced due to its artistic value.

An ancient mosaic depicting a small town.

One of the displays includes paintings such as this - This painting closely resembles to Muslim values.
===============================
Comments:

Dantes:  Thanks mate!

rooker1:  Thank you!  Glad you liked the construction aspects.

sumwonyuno:  The water is normal, I edited the water so that it has some type of waves.  :)

Skimbo:  Thanks!

Terring7

Man, you made me hungry :D
By the way, very nice town :thumbsup:
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Evillions8

Gobar - 2

Two mosaics for today, culture update is coming tomorrow.

Evillions8

Kaihal Strikes Black Gold

Today is another big day for the Al Gobhar Oil Company.  Their prospectors recently discovered oil.  One of the lower-ranking employees is sent to find a suitable site for the new oil extraction plant.

The scouter successfully found a mostly flat area and suitable for the size of the plant.

Afterwards, a crude dirt road is created to enable construction vehicles to drive up the hill.

Several days, construction has begun...

The completed oil plant, but it still needs to be more secure.  There are plans to upgrade the cheap, chainlink fences with stronger versions.

Dantes

I like the last picture especially. :)  The picture looks really typical of the country. Great  &apls

Evillions8

Salem, a small town that was established to increase trading revenue in the Ohio River.  Currently, its population is merely one-hundred twenty two citizens. 

In order to attract commercial ships, a small seaport was constructed to attract smaller sized ships.

Months later, residential demand skyrockets to forty percent due to seaport's effectiveness.

nbvc

Evillions8

One year passed after the construction of the seaport, and Salem growth is steadily increasing.

As the growing population needs public parks, the government established a rough baseball field near the school house.

Luckily, there is enough room to accommodate for more residents.

With the high demand of service stations and mom and pop stores, the Salem government gave permission to a construction company to erect new buildings.

A year later, the expenditures are slowly overtaking Salem's income.  Based on the statistics, most of the expenditures originate from the import of agricultural products.

Before the new year, the government wishes to establish new housing next to the farm.  However, the current economic situation restricts Salem in constructing new buildings.

===============

Terring7

At least you'll not stop updating your city journal &mmm
See you in Simtropolis then :thumbsup:
The Choice is Ours
---

Nanami

Pretty nice dude! I found those maxis house fit with the theme!

oh btw are the grasses plopable?

Evillions8

I decided to resurrect this Mayor Diary because for some odd reason (don't ask, I just felt like it. :P ).  Anyways, I am going to start right where I left off, meaning that I will not post the most recent updates.  btw, can some moderator please move this back to the active section?

-----------------------------
Gobar South

Gobar is not a complete wealthy city like Dubai, this city comprises one of the largest slums in Onubis.  Based on the 2010 census, there are over fifty-thousand slum residents living in Gobar.  Surprisingly, gleaming skyscrapers were even built in the South-side.

Parisian architecture is somewhat common in Gobar because the city used to be the prime trading port in the Middle East.  During the French's time in colonial Onubis, Parisian architecture was built so that the French feel closer to home.

Unfortunately, most of the Parisian architecture was demolished due to expansion.  Recently, the Onubisian Historical National Register in order to preserve historical buildings.

Its nighttime and the city is lively as ever.  The shops are usually packed with gullible customers and offices with 2nd shift workers.

The city's port is considered to be one of the busiest ports of its size in Onubis.  The port's workers dwell in government blocks or shanties.

Last but not least, old city.  Only partial sections survived throughout the centuries.  This old city is considered to be one of the remaining in Onubis.  Currently, this area is being restored to its former state and being protected by UNESCO.