• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Onubis Federation (AIN) - Arab Spring in Onubis

Started by Evillions8, December 03, 2010, 08:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evillions8

Welcome to Onubis!  This CJ is an Arabic CJ featuring inspirations from the Malivdes, Saudi Arabia, and other Middle Eastern nations. 
==============================================================
Update 1
Our Federation's facts...

Flag:

Coat of Arms:

Map:

Red = Onubis
Pink = International Village
Green = Alhijek
Each color represents a country or state of the Onubis Federation.

Nation's facts:

Nation's Official Name:
The Onubis Federation
National Name: Onubis
National Anthem: Oh Onubis!
National Motto: Without knowledge, you'll not be successful in life.

Capital: Gobar ,Onubis, Onubis Federation

Government: Republic
Prime Minster: Robert Feldings
President: Neil Poldstien

Official Languages: Arabic
Other Languages: English

Population:

Areas:
Middle East

Climate: Very arid and hot, but at night its breezy and cool.

Economy:

Currency: USD
GPD per capita: $24,291
Stock Market: Onubis Stock Exchange
Debt: None
Income per year: 24 million

Misc:

Human Development Index / HDI:
Calling Code: +1
Drives on the right side.
Internet Code: .ce

History:

1453: Onubis settled on desert land or known as by today; Saudi Arabia and began to form a colony.
1460: The colony very fast, but most of the nation lived in poverty.
1490: Onubis was with the Ottoman Empire.
1504: As Onubis' first military branches: Army and Navy has been established. This gave poorer people hope since the military provides basic living conditions for your time in the armed forces.
1641: Onubis was inspired from the Roman's government system, a Republic. Therefore, Onubis abolished its old system of a group of people ruling the land. Then established a Republic which is known as The Republic of Onubis.
1720: When Onubis started to gain allies from Germany, their economy somewhat boosted from resource trading.
(Onubis was part of the Ottoman Empire back then, so they were allies with Germany.)
1913: Due to being allies with Germany, they were forced to fight for the axis during WW1.(German Empire, Austria - Hungary, etc.)
1917: After WW1, the Ottoman Empire dissappeared, and Onubis later became independent.
1939 - 1947: Onubis helped the US and allied forces after the events of Pearl Harbor because they were afraid that they will do the same on Onubis. Again, Onubis manufactured weapons and went onto the front lines.
1970: Onubis created its first human-like robot allowing numerous of advances in life.
1981: Onubis decided to from a Federation instead of its old system, Republic. Therefore, 3 states or sub countries were formed having its own customs and ways of living. However, the 3 countries will still be intact as one.
2006: Onubis Federation enters to the UN / United Nations.
2009: Enters AFDES
Mid 2009: Quits AFDES, enters COFR
Early 2010: COFR is disbanded and Onubis becomes independent.
May 2010: Onubis becomes a Junior Member of AIN.
Nov. 2010 : Onubis becomes a full member of AIN.

penguin007

Looking interesting there my friend can't wait to see some in game pictures!!

Will

Evillions8

Alright, I've started a new region because my old region was trash. :D  Anyways, it took me a while to finally get an update going due to RL issues (Sprinting for track is such a  :angrymore: and had to keep up my grades to an A.  :P )

Damcaus

Damcaus is considered tourism captial of Onubis.  For example, there are numerous of attactions such as this mosque or known as the Hassian Mosque.  Although this is a very remote aera, this is one of the most scared places in all of the Middle East and Islam.  Due to that, the Onubis Military is stationed next to the mosque so nobody bombs it due to relgious reasons.

Another aera in the Hassian Mosque.

Downtown Damcaus

The Panasonic billboard is very well known around Damcaus because it was the first international company that arrived in Damcaus.

Here's some extra images...

rooker1

Very nice group of pics, I can't wait to see more.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

RickD

Awesome pictures!  :thumbsup:
Something seems to be wrong with that Samsung building. Is the roof missing?  ???
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Evillions8

Sorry for not replying here for about a month.   :P  I was busy with RL and couldn't get an update going.  However, I have this!  I'll show my main region as well as my side projects here.  Here's one project and about 50% done.

Now, I tried to make this as much as like the USSR based from images and my plugins.  I hope this is close enough....

Any comments or suggestions?

art128

Nice, I like. I does feel the USSR style.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great-looking commie-style update  :thumbsup:

I really like your choice of buildings in general and your night shots look fantastic! Really impressive stuff  &apls

Evillions8

Thanks for the comments!  Without a further ado, Merry Christmas from Oblaskt!

And from me, Merry Christmas to all and happy holidays! :)

Tomas Neto

Wow..., fantastic start!!! Awesome pictures my friend!!!  &apls &apls
Happy new year!!!

Evillions8

Thanks Tomas!
--------
I decided to do something I rarely do.....  That is my first time I'm showing rural pictures!  Please, I'm pretty rusty at this so please lay off the crizitism.  Well, without further ado, here it is!

The village's only dairy farm.

The mayor lives here, but his only inconvinence is the gaint windturbine overshadowing his house.

The city centre, small yet busy.

The first building erected in the Outskirts of New Kamilgrad, most likely during the early 1600s.

Each citizen has their own garden which can reduce the depenceny of farms.

Again, I'm rusty at rural city building.  So, if you have any suggestions, please post them!

RickD

Really great pictures in the last updates.  &apls I love the small village in the last picture.
The only thing I find odd are those W2W buildings in the middle of nowhere.  ???
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Tomas Neto

The both last pictures are very nice!!! Fantastic rural area, but I agree with Rickd, about those buildings "in the middle of nowhere"!!!

netmod

Nice work Evillions

W2W buildings are a bit not suited for this

- Netmod
AKA : Forthwall  ;)
mooooooooooooooooo...

sumwonyuno

I like your attempts at flora, as they do have varying levels of texture.  Human attempts at randomization is actually not so random.  For natural areas, the repetitive spots can be overcome by changing your brush stroke, as well as filling in spots with different concentrations of different brushes.  For Damcaus, however, I assume the area around the mosque is maintained.  The repetitive look actually fits because landscaping has a more uniform distribution than natural fractals.  Overall, well done!   :)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Evillions8

Thanks for the comments!

*Yes, I know the W2W buildings look out of place, I couldn't find any other low-rise diagonals, so I had to use those mid-rise. 

sumwonyuno :  How could I change my brush stroke?  Just don't overdo an area with the same flora or something?  Besides that, thanks for the comment.  It'll help me change some of my mistakes in that city.
-----
Without a further ado, here's a small teaser I made. 

There's no PS because I just wanted to show a teaser, not the real thing.  This is just a WIP.

travismking

nice teaser, ive recently found jeronij's old Mediterranean  low-rise house lots based on MBear's models, and the region i just started, or at least a few of the cities, will be Mediterranean themed. Just wish there were more Mediteranean industrial lots

Terring7

Interesting teaser, i like the mix of Mediterranean and modern architecture :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Evillions8

Thanks for the comments on the previous update!  I hope this update can explain why I've been out for a while.  ;)
----------------------
Tour of Napoli Segment 1

Welcome to Napoli!  Get ready for an awesome adventure because you're going an all around Onubis / Eurasia tour!  For our first segment, Napoli is a great city if you're looking for views or entertainment.

Additionally, Napoli's upcoming Western Film called False Grit will be due in early Q2 2011.  Luckly, the filming crew didn't have to leave Napoli because of nearby dry land.  If you're wondering if they had to build all of this, of course!  For now, it's just the series of sets on a small area.  After the film is done, they planning to turn this set into muesum for extra income.

Main Napoli, what a beauty!

The national soccer (football) field houses over 50,000 spectors, this replaced the old staduim and now demolished.

Venture out to the coastlines....

The smaller CBD of Napoli, (WIP still, needs different high-rises.)

This what makes Napoli an awe-inspiring city, the hill resideneces provides an excellent view.

---------------
Stay tuned for segment 2!  :)

(P.S.  The last segment will go to mainland Onubis, so don't worry if there's barely any middle east in this.)

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.