• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

The SAM has diagonal textures in it, and I got my version from the LEX. You need to install the Diagonal Streets Plugin for the NAM to have diagonal SAM streets. The diagonal streets are an optional Plugin of the NAM. The SAM simply overrides the diagonal street textures when one of the SAM variants connects to a diagonal street.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

bob56

where do you get the diagonal street plugin for the SAM?

welcome to SC4D, bob54!  You must mean the Diagonal Street Plugin for the NAM.  You'd need to install it directly from the NAM Installer--I believe it's installed by default, in fact.  See the Readme file for info on how to use it.  -Alex (Tarkus)

Thanks, Tarkus!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

dragonshardz

Hey, Jan, you got the 600th post! AWESOME!

And Tarkus, it looks great, I can't wait to see more!

Swamper77

Pagan and Proud!

deathtopumpkins

Some nice shots of construction beginning...

And then there's where it gets really interesting. That is a very well thought-out and highly informative post. I think I'm going numbering-crazy now... and those numbers actually made sense! I never knew there was any rhyme or reason behind the state numbering systems.
The speed limit system's actually pretty interesting too. I think I'd stick with statutory speed limits though, but maybe that's just because they do that here...

Great update, and I look forward to seeing that highway complete!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

Nice update!  I learned a bit about your transportation department!

Can't wait to see the new highway when it's done.

Best,
-Haljackey

metarvo

I like the direction this is going, that's for sure.  :)  It's good that you're shedding some light on TDOT's road numbering practices.  For some reason, I've always found road numbers to be interesting.  I know of some RL highways that break the rules (e.g. even number goes N/S) or run at an overall diagonals and have no perfect numbers that can be applied.  Curious, isn't it? ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Hey Alex I always enjoy coming in and seeing what TDOT is doing and ripping up next lol... I like the start of the new alingment and I cant wait to see it finished off!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Nice work with this one Alex (why does that sound familiar?) the information about the route markers is great, but what happens if you have to put in more primary routes? I loved the little legalese you threw in to the order (though I'm drafting a contract for my negotiations class and our professor said she would be none too thrilled if we used 'whereas') Great idea to include the form too. Is there a reason they waited until .03mi past Main Street to alter the speed? Always good to see what you'll come up with. Until next time, take it easy.
-Matt

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Jmouse

That's really enlightening information, Alex! I've been on many a numbered road or highway without thinking of where the actual numbers came from.

I do know, however, that cities are severely restricted when it comes to making changes on a state or U.S. road/highway. Not always the quickest way of doing things IMO, but we can only hope that local, state and federal agencies will work together with the safety of drivers uppermost in mind.

I've come to love watching these transport transitions happen, so I'm anxious to see how TDOT deals with this newest challenge!

Later...

Joan

CasperVg

Funny, I really thought I had replied to the previous update; sorry for that. Either way, both of them look great. (congrats to Swamper for being the 600th poster)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Swamper77 on October 24, 2008, 06:18:11 PM
The SAM has diagonal textures in it, and I got my version from the LEX. You need to install the Diagonal Streets Plugin for the NAM to have diagonal SAM streets. The diagonal streets are an optional Plugin of the NAM. The SAM simply overrides the diagonal street textures when one of the SAM variants connects to a diagonal street.

-Swamper

OK, so I checked one of the texture DATs, and sure enough, there were diagonal textures in it. I have the NAM diagonal streets plugin installed (I assume that's the one that includes the diagonal helper puzzle pieces and enables the manual drawing of diagonal streets), so I'm puzzled as to why, when I plop a SAM starter piece, my diagonal streets don't convert to the SAM textures. Do I have to draw the streets to make it work?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Swamper77

Just drag a section of street off the SAM starter piece and connect it to a section of diagonal street. The diagonal street section should automatically update it's textures to match the SAM street that is connected to it. I think only the parking lot style SAM doesn't have diagonal street sections.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

Simpson

Wow, wow, wow Alex
This is an incredible update, I love each pictures  &apls
The curves of roads are looking very good

I love your terrain mod
Great work my friend, this is perfect. And also I'm looking forward to the next update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

great update here Alex  :thumbsup: nice layout of road  :thumbsup:
good choice for this bridge  ;)
the road construction site is perfect my friend  :thumbsup: &apls
looking forward to the development and the next update  ;)
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Beautiful new update there! Great work on the roads! :thumbsup:
And congrats for over 600 replies!! &apls

EDGE4194

alex- fascinating info on TDOT- i enjoyed it! congrats on 600+ posts  &apls

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Swamper77 on October 24, 2008, 10:33:16 PM
Just drag a section of street off the SAM starter piece and connect it to a section of diagonal street. The diagonal street section should automatically update it's textures to match the SAM street that is connected to it. I think only the parking lot style SAM doesn't have diagonal street sections.

-Swamper

I tried that (several different ways) and it didn't work. Just to be sure, since I've been trying to get diagonal textures with the asphalt street set, I checked the DAT for that texture set, and I definitely have them. I wonder what's going on...

Zack, you may have a RUL conflict going on . . . an outdated NAM version or NAM controller sitting around.  Remove your NAM folder and try re-installing everything NAM-related.  If you're still running into issues, drop me a PM, and I'd be more than happy to help.  -Alex

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

thundercrack83

Well! I don't really know what to say here, Alex! Stunning work, as always!

And David is certainly right, your route shields are definitely the best ones I've seen!

Great stuff here, my friend! Just great!

Dustin