• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hi .

bat , emilin , art128 , Simpson , metarvo , Thundercrack , mrtnrln , thanks for your comments . :thumbsup:

rooker , have to add my congratulations for the new kid to come . And hope to see nonetheless more activity on your MD ...:)

Cabrabuitre & flame , I'm glad not only to see you back there , but to hear too that you're not disappointed with my new playground . :D
flame , I visit your CJ from time to time at ST , great work with a decided inspiration from Aleking ... We ( I think I can say WE ) miss him a lot here ... ::)

ejc .... oh please , do not post again any pictures from you there , as I've got the feeling they put my regional views into shame !  $%Grinno$%
Fortunately , I have the good idea to do not post them so many often !
I'm joking . Thanks , that's an honor ... I know your incredible work since your Recreation of Paris , but , indeed , you gave me the desire to have a look back at your Koblenz region . :thumbsup:

Ennedi ... Hi Adam ! I've decided to quote here a part of your PM - Thanks for the Burg Eltz pictures! -

Quote from: Ennedi on September 30, 2008, 07:56:21 AM
Hello Cedric,

I love your last updates! I have only one question (suggestion?  ;)):
- Your plaza texture is excellent, but because of it's irregularity some little props are not too much visible. Maybe it would be good to think about increasing contrast between this texture and the rest - for example by brightening it a bit? I don't suggest to change this texture, it looks very good!
Maybe it would be enough if your plaza texture would be as bright as Jestarr's texture of the castle entrance?

Adam

Let me show you there the first texture I intended to use :

That texture from Sauron , available at Toutsimcity.com here: http://www.toutsimcity.com/downloads.php?view=1064 , was my prefered ... but with the one I've finally chosen , I can get these 5 useful matching overlays to try to make these Lots less regular ...

These textures and overlays are from villavicencio and have been integrated to BSC Textures vol02 - LEX .

So the solution would be to photoshop my pictures ... I tried , but so far I'm not satisfied with my tests & results . There is already a huge contrast between the paved texture and the bright houses facades .  ::)
And , to tell you the truth , I do not dislike the idea you have to watch at my pictures attentively to find all details ... I'm so vicious that I'm adding even details which aren't visible ( hidden )at any angle of view !!!  :D
Now the probem is that it seems there's no shadows with the props I made of Haalermmergold's BATs ....

Thanks to give me your opinions , as they are among the most important to me . :thumbsup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much LotEditing has flowed under my bridge ... and yesterday I had a revelation like I didn't expect one anymore .

I was working on the Burg Eltz village entrance , wondering how to keep this roadsign for roundabout without the sidewalks ... A realistic medieval village is one of the challenge here , the "no sidewalks " is the other one ....

.... when I read this post from Paul -Squidi - :

Quote from: squidi on October 01, 2008, 11:24:31 PM

As far as I know you can easily give the lot a new size and textures without replacing it.
I was not able to remove props on it without replacing but I was to add some.
For that , you have to firstly save the new lot, go into game, change graphic options , save game ( I'am not sure that it's needed but I think it is), leave game , restart game , change graphic options back, restart game , and after that new props should be shown .
For me it works well this way  :D

paul

uh !  ??? What ?  ()what()

So I decide to test that immediately . I created firstly  a single tile blank Lot - with an Alpha base texture , I will never thank you enough , SA ! .

I plopped that invisible Lot ingame , 2 tiles far from the street to avoid the sidewalks  , saved , quit , opened again this Lot to enlarge it and place the roadsin prop on the new tile , before to launch again the game .

As expected , this prop didn't appear ... but after have folowed Paul's directive ....

I've had the feeling to attend  a miracle !  :sunny:

And why to stop there ?  ;D

I reworked the same Lot again with new tiles , props & overlays ...

Then I reworked my village entrance Lot - Deleted Bases Textures this time - ...

And repeating Paul's method :

That's simply the birth - if Paul don't practice it already regularly - of a new LotEditing technique ... how strange it is , it works .

Already said at Orlach , thanks a million Paul .  &apls &apls &apls

Later ,

Cédric .

P.S. These pictures of Burg Eltz village entrance are temporary .... the village part with the church is under LotEditing and I'm not satisfied with the current pond ...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Simpson

C'est vraiment un village sublime, et l'entrée de ta ville est absolument magnifique. C'est d'un réalisme incroyable
J'attends les prochaines images avec impatience

This new update is looking super, Badsim, your little village is absolutly super and réalistic, great work
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Beautiful new pictures there of your superb work, Badsim!
It looks fantastic! Great LE-work, too! :thumbsup:

jmyers2043

Hello Badsim

That is a good looking lot and a nice series of pictures describing how you put it all together.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

MandelSoft

Hey, that looks nice! A good example of a tutorial in action. Maybe I'll apply this method too!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

this update is looking awesome Cédric &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kimcar

&apls &apls excellent work with the entrance , looking great . And thanks for showing this mini totu. it will very usefull  :thumbsup:

CabraBuitre

Looks great Cedric!  Technical question for you... when you're making your lots without a base texture, is there a way to do it directly in the lot editor, or are you doing the old way, where you add a texture and then remove it in the Reader?

Check out Abelfarei!

metarvo

This is a lot of good LOTs, Cedric!  When SC4 was first released, who dreamed that medieval villages could be built?  You have truly set the bar for this theme, Cedric.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Jmouse

Seeing the end result of your work is always a pleasure, but watching the process unfold is a special treat. I have become more interested in lot editing recently, and even more so since I began to follow and study your amazing feats of "magic."

Truly you have a gift,
and it is kind of you to share it with us.

Joan

Heblem

Great, always I learn something from you! :thumbsup: &apls &apls

Pat

Cedric thank you for teaching me something new with the Lot Editor I will have to try that trick out when I get home from work tonight!!! your logo and the village is simply stunning and masterfull...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

Thank you !

Slowly but surely ...

Nothing finished yet , I'm still reworking some Lots but there're advanced enough for an update . Reply for CabraBuitre ; No , there's no way to work without base textures with LE and as I'm not good enough to coordinate everything at the first try - I rework an average 7 or 8 time each Lot to tell you the truth ... - I need to delete them with ILive R. each time ... but as everything becoming usual , it takes me a few seconds . ;)

A lot of pictures of the same scene , as I've used many seasonal/timed props ... and the windmill is animated . ;D

I've started the LotEditing of a large european farm to justify these first fields .... it will be outside the village .

Thanks for your attention .

Cedric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Simpson

Salut Badsim
C'est vraiment un village magnifique que tu fais là, tellement de détails qui rendent ce village d'un réalisme étonnant
La forêt est vraiment très bien faites et tes champs sont très joli
Bravo

Hi Badsim,
Your new update is super, I really love your village
The nature is looking great and the fileds splendid  :thumbsup:
Great work  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

rooker1

You definately have my attention with work like this and most likely everyone else's that views these incredible pages of yours.
The only thing for me that looks out of place is the one triangle shaped statue/monument at entrance/exist gate.  Just my opinion but it looks like it's from a different time line.
Have you thought about continuing the pond to the river, maybe another bridge?  I would love to see how you would do such a transition.
It's always a treat when you make an update and this one is no exception.  I have just spent the last twenty plus minutes looking over these pictures and I will most likely be back several more time to look at them again.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Amazing update Cedric  :thumbsup: you are a master of the LE  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Your cities made with LE are simply incredible.  &apls  Full respect for your patient.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Jmouse

Cedric, the castle and surrounding area are incredible. You say you are not finished yet, but I wouldn't change a single blade of grass or leaf on a tree. Still, I respect your need for personal satisfaction in your work.

Many have raved about the incredible details in your photos, and I join them in applauding your attention to minutiae. You immerse yourself in these surroundings almost as though you walk the stone streets in your mind with a magic wand in your hand!

I'll be back again and again for further study
as I await the first look at your European farm.
Joan

kimcar

&apls &apls Another super update Cedric. it`s so realistic that we never feel tired to look at it . Have fun :thumbsup:

Yoman

Incredible work as always. After months in the BAT I've gotten back into the LE. Finished a lot with inspiration direct from Antigone  :)  May I ask what the name of the advertisements / signs and tables the 9th image to the side of the Church?