• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meastro444

looks good!! :thumbsup: &apls

i can see a curve in there, and to my knowledge (limited  ;) ) i dont know if it is in there %confuso

is it in there? or aint it in there? i have never used it, this may be the final psuh :thumbsup:
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

mikeseith

Those look great...a major improvement over the Maxis el-rail  &apls :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Meastro: The curve was added in the last NAM.

Now, if we could have curves for roads... These look great, ArkenbergeJoe!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Sir Charles of Dunlap

There are curves for roads they are in the latest NAM. I have been wondering however though why there aren't curves/elevated puzzle pieces for streets. Well, the road curves are pretty new anyway, but there are puzzle pieces for every network but the street network (other than the diagonal pieces).

-Charlie

Swamper77

Quote from: Meastro444 on August 13, 2007, 01:01:46 PM
looks good!! :thumbsup: &apls

i can see a curve in there, and to my knowledge (limited  ;) ) i dont know if it is in there %confuso

is it in there? or aint it in there? i have never used it, this may be the final psuh :thumbsup:

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on August 13, 2007, 06:47:01 PM
Meastro: The curve was added in the last NAM.

Now, if we could have curves for roads... These look great, ArkenbergeJoe!
I added that curved elevated heavy rail puzzle piece to the NAM before the June/July release. It's basically a rip-off of the Maxis elevated rail curve models. I created it because I made the diagonal piece for going over blank terrain. There are missing pieces for the diagonals because I ran out of time to make them. Pieces are needed for diagonal elevated heavy rail going over diagonal networks, over orthagonal avenues, and over orthagonal ground highways.
The easy part is getting the models from the game's own files. The hard part is coding the pieces into the RUL files. I will probably never get back to the diagonal elevated heavy rail puzzle pieces since I have other projects, and now a real life job, to do.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

dragonshardz

i was just wondering (earlier) if there were any, umm... expansion "packs" like the NWM or SAM available now or soon.

Swamper77

Dragon,

They will be ready when they are ready and not a moment before then. We are reorganizing the entire NAM ID structures for the network textures/models and rewriting the RULs to accommodate these changes. You will just have to wait patiently with everyone else until we are able to release the mods and update the NAM files to accommodate them.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

jplumbley

"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Shadow Assassin

By that, I gather that the actual modding's done (which is probably the hard bit); the IIDs just are being reorganized. I really should get around to learning RUL overrides...
New Horizons Productions

Jonathan

See if you can get the tutorial on how to make starter puzzle pieces, i think it's by Tarkus and memo, I got it from Jplumbley and was a great help.

dragonshardz

ok... sorry for bothering you guys. i'll shut up now.

Jonathan

I would like to know if possible how the El-Rail Pylons were removed from the draggable GLR but not from the El-Rail?

ArkenbergeJoe

Here is the Finalversion from the El-Rail-Viaduct.
Is only Modell and FSH-Files, and not Exemplar, SC4-Paths and RUL-Files is necessarily.
The File is in the Testcenter.

Es werden nur die Modell und FSH-Dateien benötigt, aber keine Änderungen an Exemplar, SC4-Paths und RUL's vorgenommen. Zumindest jetzt noch nicht. Es ist sozusagen das Starter-Paket, welche erst einmal nur die vorhandenen Modelle überschreiben sollen.

Impressionen:

The new Viadukt has not Conflikt with the Buddy-Bridge  :)

:(

For the RHW-Fans

bat

That Viadukt is looking very great! Wonderful work on it! :thumbsup:

Andreas

Outstanding work, ArkenbergeJoe! It looks at least 1000 times better in an urban development than in any test city. :)
Andreas

rickmastfan67

That is just sick ArkenbergeJoe!!!! :thumbsup:  Great job on them. :thumbsup:
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

mightygoose

but unfortunately i doubt that the viaduct will be compatible with mIncrobals lot based mod as the models will be different shaps...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

DFire870

Quote from: mightygoose on September 01, 2007, 05:36:57 AM
but unfortunately i doubt that the viaduct will be compatible with mIncrobals lot based mod as the models will be different shaps...

It won't be compatible anyways since mIncrobal's mod is for elevated rail, and this mod is for elevated heavy rail.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Shadow Assassin

Quotebut unfortunately i doubt that the viaduct will be compatible with mIncrobals lot based mod as the models will be different shaps...

Actually, if this was for elevated rail, it would be compatible, because he used T21s, which aren't really affected by what shape the models take.
New Horizons Productions

thundercrack83

Excellent work, ArkenbergeJoe!