• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: mightygoose on October 28, 2010, 04:43:33 PM
still waiting for 7.5m elevated networks XDXDXD

Join the club.

And that DDI makes no sense. :P

One thing future NAMs should consider:

Quote from: mightygoose on November 03, 2010, 10:05:42 AM
OK more legitimate threadomancy here....

NAM facelift mod!

[linkie]

OK this mod basically tweaks the new NAM overpasses, i do not know how extensive it is or which networks it covers but it was released today and looks superb.

DOWNLOAD: [liNKIE]

original description.

and the readme translation

hope this helps.

Tried it out myself and it's simply amazing. Still a few hicks with it, which is why I think it should be included in the NAM. That way all the dings can be hammered out and compatibility issues solved before each release.

travismking

indeed, I am using it as well and its freakin fantastic,i havent noticed a single overpass piece that hasnt been updated

Tarkus

Coincidentally, I've finished up the set I did (as shown on the last page) as well.  Good things come in twos, I suppose--NekoPanch always does fine work. :)

Quote from: travismking on November 07, 2010, 07:14:46 PM
i havent noticed a single overpass piece that hasnt been updated

That won't be true for much longer, however. :D

Note what that's going under . . . ::)
It's also draggable . . .
-Alex

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mightygoose on October 28, 2010, 04:43:33 PM
still waiting for 7.5m elevated networks XDXDXD

Quote from: Haljackey on November 07, 2010, 07:01:43 PM
Join the club.

Make that three, Hal... Goose... XD

Hmm,... It always seems that our friends over in Japan always seem to make some incredible aesthetic mods and such. I'm gonna give the recent mod a try... It's clear to say that all the puzzle pieces and elevated networks (El Rail and Monorail/BTM/HSR) blatantly leave the land bare on the bottom. NAM functionality: Amazing. But default aesthetics,... Not so great...

And, Tarkus,... Unless my eyes and/or glasses are installed wrong, I think that right there is the half-height piece that the Half-Height Network Club is looking for...
:thumbsup: &apls ;D
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

kassarc16

Quote from: Tarkus on November 07, 2010, 07:42:29 PMNote what that's going under . . . ::)
It's also draggable . . .

Wait, what.... how did.... that doesn't seem... wow!

I can't wait to see the updated El-roads. Though, will we ever see base "textures" underneath? I'd choose a medium-wealth grass meself.

MandelSoft

Wow dude! Those japanese remodded overpasses look awesome!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

el_cozu

I've been recently working with maxis highways... and there are some custom interchanges that could be useful...

- Ground Highway Parclos (adjacent and opposite)
- Elevated Highway wide curves

Tarkus

Quote from: el_cozu on November 15, 2010, 09:08:57 AM
- Elevated Highway wide curves

Given that there's already some ground ones, there's a chance of this one, as it'd just require raising the models and stretching the supports.

Quote from: el_cozu on November 15, 2010, 09:08:57 AM
- Ground Highway Parclos (adjacent and opposite)

Making any sort of interchange for Maxis Highways is a very time-consuming task, and the one person who had the interest and skills to do it, andreharv, has been inactive for a long time.  The likelihood of this request (or any other request involving Maxis Highway interchanges) coming to fruition is pretty much nil at this point.

-Alex

noahclem

Wow that (draggable) 7.5m elevated road looks great!!!  &apls Can't wait to see more. The elevated road/OWR/ave facelift project is looking awesome too  :thumbsup:

pepsibottle1

Just wanted to make a request. First off, wonderful mod and each of you guys deserve a round of applause. Thanks!

Alright, I just wanted to make a note about On-Off ramps. Here in the U.S, our ramps are connected to roads and streets more often than individual highways. In the game, however, in order to make a connecting ramp, I have to create a whole new highway. Could it be possible to integrate roads, streets, avenues and such into MIS ramps? For example, instead of having to create a whole new RH2 highway, I'd simply like to be able to have an off-ramp or on-ramp connect to one of my roads. Right now, the whole ramp system is super complicated.

To help explain what I mean, let's look at Norfolk, VA; my hometown.

http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&hl=en&q=map+norfolk&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Norfolk,+VA&gl=us&ei=mPDjTITFD8OAlAeQkpG6Dg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

The on and off ramps all lead to streets and roads, not seperate individual highways. Say I have a interstate running through my city over a crowed avenue. I want to be able to make a on and off ramp on both sides of the highway allowing traffic to easily merge onto and off of the highway. Currently, however, I can't do that with the RealHighway pieces; well, I could, but it would take me countless hours and frustration. Then I could use the Maxis pieces; but I really do like the RealHighway interstates and I want to be able to use various types of transitions and overpasses. Right now, the only thing I can do is create something like over in Suffolk (if you browse to there on the map) on Route 58 and 460 (after I-264 and I-664 merge).

Hopefully, you can see what I mean here. I really love this mod and I applaud you on a job well done, but I really wish I could have those ramps transition with my current side streets, roads and avenues. Thanks again on a wonderful mod.
I love Simcity 4!

riiga

For connection to road, if you want real on- and off-ramps, you'll have to transition to RHW-2, which doesn't take up that much space. As for avenue/OWR, this is in development:

;)

Ryan B.

Ciuu96

Both the 7.5 m overpasses and the ramps for avenue are great work! Well done!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

MandelSoft

Quote from: Ryan B. on November 17, 2010, 09:50:11 AM
Nice work, riiga!
Erm, actually I made those pieces, along with some other pieces:

Riiga is just showing them to the public. ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mtg

A little teaser for all you guys who are desperately waiting for more elevations in RHW

carkid1998

Half height and double height... wow.
Sendona... Coming soon!

io_bg

Looks absolutely awesome! Except for the lack of pillars on some places $%Grinno$%
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Quote from: carkid1998 on November 17, 2010, 01:52:14 PM
Half height and double height... wow.

And one-and-a-half height. ;)  It's going to be a 5-level system: Ground, 7.5m, 15m, 22.5m and 30m.

-Alex

mtg

it's still in development that's why there are still pillars missing. But I wanted to show it to you guys anyway  ;)

jdenm8

Looks like one of those impossible shapes without pylons to say where the ground stops  :P

Looks great so far!

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley