• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Sports Academy

Started by tooheys, April 26, 2008, 04:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

The courts look great, Paul and Shaun! They put that poor little Maxis court to shame! ;) I would use the grey ones with white markings and no leaves - closer to my personal sense of realism. I see only a single and triple in this style, though.

IMO, you should put all the courts in one package and let the user choose which ones to keep.

Later...

Joan

BarbyW

These look excellent, Paul.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

sebes

Excellent courts Paul (and Shaun too  ;) )

I agree with Joan that this put the maxis courts far away in the shade.

I like the gravel ones and the green with gravel ones better.  So I also agree with her that you just pack it all and let the user the choice which ones to load in the active plugins folder...

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

threestooges

Excellent work with the courts. As a tennis fan myself, I am looking forward to their release. My only suggestion is to move the leaves toward the fences. They look a bit unnatural piled in the center. Other than that, excellent work.

paroch

Joan, Barby, Sebes and Matt - thanks for your comments and pointers.

Barby has helped me with the "foundations" of the lots - I'd created them in such a way that would not have been good in-game so she has changed the base building for me - thanks for your help I'd have hated to start from scratch again!

I've moved the piles of leaf litter to the corners, created a 4 court lot and also created two basketball courts.  I'll just show the changes........

new 4 court plus re-aligned leaf litter:

new basketball courts plus Maxis standard:

Overview of the pack:

The paths are BSC Park Compliant - which adds a dependancy but makes them so much more useful in my opinion.

They are pretty much self-tested as much as I can now.  So I'll start on the readme and then ask my team mates to give them a test.  And Matt, as a tennis fan you're welcome to help with the testing if you'd like - you can never have too many testers!

Dependencies are:
NUTs Prop Pack A
NUTs Essentials
SG vol 01
Maxis Buildings as Props vol 01
BSC Textures 01
BSC Textures 02
BSC Park Textures

I hope to have these ready for testing within the next 24 hours.

Paul

Jmouse

That will make a nice versatile variety pack, Paul. I might use the four-court enclosure with leaves - looks pretty good. Hope to see this on LEX soon - I know it will be very popular.

Later...
Joan

*Edit* Just read Matt's post, and I'd like to have a set as well. I'll spend much of next week finishing and testing all 18 MH lots, so I might as well throw in a few tennis courts while I'm about it!

JMS

bat

Great work on these fields and pack there, paroch! Looking forward to the release... ;)

Pat

Paul that looks so good there!!! I have all those dependencies so that list is no bother to me YaY!!! I cant wait to get ahold of these wonderful cages....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Send them my way. As a tennis nut (if you'll pardon the pun) I'd love to give them a shot. I've thought about a few places to use them, now it's just a matter of finding the time to put them there. Just let me know what you need to get them to me, and what feedback you'd like the testing to focus on. Great work Paul.
-Matt

Chrisadams3997

Great job on these guys, they'll certainly add some diversity.

girlfromverona

These are looking really good, Paul! They will be very useful.  &apls

paroch

Just to let you all know....... these have now been released on the LEX.  Thanks for your input along the way.

girlfromverona

How did I miss this? Off to download now...  ;D

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

very fine work on these tennis court  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

warconstruct

Thank you very much with all for your splendid work, these batches I use them in my town of Trieste east I am very happy!
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

mittfh

They look very good - nice additions to parks.

Here's another simple idea: the multi sport court, increasingly popular in the UK. Same platform as the others, with the exception of a couple of alcoves each end to serve as 'goals', have both football (soccer) and basketball markings on asphalt (shockingly, they've realised that teenagers can cope with the occasional bump and scrape, so don't need to use the impact absorbing resin stuff!) Entrance is usually from the sides. Not floodlit (although it doesn't stop teens hanging round there after dark!). Here's a rough ASCII mockup:

+----  ----+
++          ++
|            |
++          ++
+----------+

Evidently to accomodate the 'goals' you'd need to shrink the surrounding fencing slightly, but hopefully it might require little more than just creating a new texture and fiddling around with the existing fencing. And everything apart from the basketball back boards is chain link, to minimise maintenance and graffiti (the latter of which typically adorns most of the plastic and wooden surfaces in the adjacent kiddies playground).

paroch

Hi mittfh,

thanks for your post here.  I know exactly the kind of thing you mean.  The ones I have seen have a wooden fence around them about 3 to 4 feet tall at the sides and rising to about 8 feet behind the goal.

Shaun (Diggis) is the guy who made the props, fences and textures for the tennis lots, so I'll have a chat with him next time we get the drawing board out  ;)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Paul