• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Reader Tool

Started by Tropod, February 05, 2014, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Just wanted to pop in with a belated thanks for updating this to work as a 64-Bit application. A number of large files that previously crashed are now happily working as a result :D. Your application has many benefits over iLives reader, although I do switch between them a lot. But I kick myself I never found/used it sooner, it's become an invaluable tool - Take a Karma point from me for all your efforts here.  &apls

mgb204

Just uploading a crash report, getting a consistent problem when trying to alter a stop point of a path.

Tropod

Have located the problem, looking at implementing fix. Want to confirm is it crashing before or after you end editing?

mgb204

Sorry, totally missed your post. But if memory serves it was after I had edited the path and tried switching to another path as part of the .DAT file.

Tropod

v1.5.6
Bug fixes.
Tree loading improved & full load option added.
Ltext searching improved.
Max file save size option added: hardcoded limit is ~4GBs. If you save & it's over this, program will automatically save extra filename_#.dat where # = number.
Virtual->dat save added: loading virtual folder can now be converted to single *dat file within max file save limit.
Multi-*dat save added: will save multiple loaded *dats, for example load Region & save. All city files will be saved.
2ndary level saving added: for example, load exemplar->user visible name key, update/save. For any item that's in the current loaded dat, still need to save the dat itself. For anything else it'll automatically save dat.
DIRs:  Refresh button added. No longer updated/added automatically except on file saving.

This will most likely be one of the last updates :popcorn:.
Source code link on first post for anyone keen enough to continue with it :thumbsup:.

eggman121

Quote from: Tropod on September 04, 2017, 09:44:00 PM
This will most likely be one of the last updates :popcorn:.
Source code link on first post for anyone keen enough to continue with it :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this program Tropod.  :thumbsup:

This tool has been invaluable in making adjustments to the various bits and pieces of the NAM. It is a shame that this will be one of the last releases but I do understand that you have been working on this tool for a very long time.

One can only Mod until they would like to enjoy the fruits of their success  ::)

-eggman121/ Stephen

eggman121

Just asking for some advice here.

I have just made the change to windows 10 and everything is going well except that SC4 reader keeps crashing when I open an S3d file. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and if there is a potential solution? I have installed all the relevant libraries so I think it could be something to do with the permissions... But I could be wrong.

-eggman121/ Stephen

Tropod

Quote from: eggman121 on June 26, 2018, 12:10:15 PM
windows 10...SC4 reader keeps crashing when I open an S3d file.

This should fix this;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/os7bjerxm1mgir8/SC4Reader_v157_64.zip?dl=0 or https://www.dropbox.com/home/SC4Reader/Releases
Just need to select "Open with & download". Seems dropbox has changed since I used it some time ago.

v1.5.7 64bit only. No more 32bit.
Crash on S3D fix.
S3D REGP (FXs) searching added to Data Type. This should make it easier to locate any & all S3D files that contain FX items.

I've not long been on Windows10, been holding out on Win7 for long as possible. That & RL  :-\, so bit late but oh well  &mmm.

Seeing as how I've managed to get VS working now with this & ilive reader, happy to try & fix any bugs RL permitting  :bnn:.

EDIT: I'll be posting another update in the coming days/weeks, as I fix a number of issues related to Windows10/64bit.

Tropod

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz2wzosydmff2yt/SC4Reader_v158_64.zip?dl=0

v1.5.8
Grid Viewer added; Path, FSH & S3Ds addable. Will only load currently loaded file.
Path files added to Object viewer. Will load all found as per options Install & Plugins folders.
S3D->Mat->Settings fix.
Various fixes related to Windows10 64bit. So should be lot more stable than previous release.

Grid Viewer is far from perfect currently & still work in progress, so some functionality absent. Meant for networks but S3Ds will load any. Any suggestions   :-\&idea.

Tropod

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhxf5fvo6lqxzs8/SC4Reader_v159_64.zip?dl=0

v1.5.9
Grid Viewer improvements.
Object Viewer; Exemplars added. Note: type 0x07,0x10, 0x21 are CPU intensive/unstable or take awhile to load. Not all types added.
Exemplar Bridge types added for viewer.
Exemplar tree grouping improved.

Barroco Hispano

That will help me a lot!
Barroco Hispano

fantozzi

Great news.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hope to get into it soon.

mattb325

Looks awesome! Thanks for your continued work  :)