• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omer584

2 months are passed since last post. So let me introduce you my airport's cargo terminal:

Everything is started with some runways and roads:

And now:

Cargo Terminal Port A (It is belongs to FedEx company). You noticed that FedEx B787 Dreamliner?

Cargo Terminal Port B 9-10-11 and Port C 1-2-3. Every little single detail is though. (Damn our airport security chooper is on image)

Thanks to Jon (fafalone) to make these signs, gate numbers and taxiway modules.

Load/Unload warehouses for cargo trucks and NCA B747 cargo planes

There here is another photo of B787 Dreamliner. Also small part of Cargo Terminal Port B

Cargo Terminal Port C and D. Actually Port D is not for cargo planes. Port D's major purpose is just a plane park.

B747s at Port D

As I said: EVERY SINGLE DETAIL IS THOUGH. Like Mercedes Benz: The best or nothing.

Port B

Another nice general view

Now lets clear what are these signs. Basically these are road signs for airplanes. In this photo, it means if you go straight, you will get Port C and D. If you turn left, you will get Port A and B. "A" with upper-left arrow means plane parks at that row belongs to Port A. "B" with upper-right arrow means plane parks at that row belongs to Port B.

I am waiting your comments. Thank you all.

P.S. : I changed some of mods by SC4LotEditor. Thanks to all creators of original versions of these mods.

art128

Not a fan of extremely big airport like yours, but I have to say all the details are awesome!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

Nice airport, even if it is far larger than the ones I'm used to seeing in real life (local airport is single runway for crop dusters).

Is that one a large city tile?  I notice it takes up more than half the build-able area on the tile.

Anyway, it is nice to see how you went about constructing it, as that has actually shown me a good way to go about it...that is runway/taxiway first, then build in the terminals and hangars.  And be prepared to devote a lot of acreage to it.  :o

kbieniu7

Wow! What a huge network of taxiways and roads! Good idea to plan this at the very beginning  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

That looks like too many taxiways IMO. Really, you don't need that many. Also, the runways shouldn't be so far away from the terminal. The way you currently have it means that passengers would have to have a really long taxi from the gate to the runway. Most airports IRL don't have the runways so far away from the terminal, so I would strongly suggest that you correct this. I hate to say that you have to re-do it (I'm sure you've spent a lot of time making this airport) but it would worthwhile to do so and plus you could use the area you saved for so many other things.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

fafalone

@omer354 - very nice work. I'm a huge fan of large tile covering megaairports. Quite a bit of custom lotting too I believe? Very well done. Excellent looking taxiways ;)

The only thing I would suggest is those big heavy cargo planes could use one of those big light concrete runways. I did some math and a runway end to end on a large tile is actually a realistic scale for takeoff distances.

dyoungyn

Omar584,

Simply amazing.  Where did your get the dark tarmac road from?

dyoungyn

omer584

Quote from: fafalone on May 06, 2014, 03:48:44 PM
@omer354 - very nice work. I'm a huge fan of large tile covering megaairports. Quite a bit of custom lotting too I believe? Very well done. Excellent looking taxiways ;)

Thank you so much :) As I said I remodeled some mods on SC4LotEditor.

The only thing I would suggest is those big heavy cargo planes could use one of those big light concrete runways. I did some math and a runway end to end on a large tile is actually a realistic scale for takeoff distances.

Those runwasy are 2900 meters. They are not the safest runways in world but they are enough for landing and take off for B747.
http://www.museumofflight.org/faq/how-long-runway-does-fully-loaded-747-require

Quote from: dyoungyn on May 07, 2014, 07:27:07 AM
Omar584,

Simply amazing.  Where did your get the dark tarmac road from?

dyoungyn

Thank you too. I get these mods from: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15163.msg480005#msg480005

And also...
@omer354
Quote from: dyoungyn on May 07, 2014, 07:27:07 AM
Omar584

Is it really hard to write 7 characters correct? :(

fafalone

QuoteIs it really hard to write 7 characters correct? :(

About as hard as remembering how to spell runways and the correct use of the apostrophe.

Anyway, I'm trying to finish up a couple other things:

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: fafalone on May 08, 2014, 04:54:21 PM
QuoteIs it really hard to write 7 characters correct? :(

About as hard as remembering how to spell runways and the correct use of the apostrophe.
+1 :thumbsup:

Looks like more fantastic work from you, Jon! I look forward to seeing those multi-level terminal pieces on an exchange once they're ready. :o

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

compdude787

Speaking of multi-level terminals, it would really be nice if you could have double-decker roadways going the same direction so you could have one level for arrivals and another for departures. Many airport terminals are set up that way. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's possible to have a double-decker road going in on direction in SC4 because of the "deck-jumping" bug where sims like to drive their cars off one roadway deck and down to another w/o suffering any damage to their car. I know, pretty realistic, huh?  Nope... $%Grinno$%
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

art128

just a new smaller version of the airport in my region.  Click on the pictures for a 1600x900px full size.  :)

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Here's an updated version of my airport.

The markings on the runway are more realistic now as well as all the lighting, ILS system etc. Thanks to GMT for helping me with his knowledge. :)

Click for 1280x720 view.

The apron and gates area is 15m below the terminal as with Toyama airport (my source of inspiration), I wanted a skywalk that went downside to the gate from the terminal but couldn't find any. I used Glenni's skywalk.

The front of the terminal. I'm thinking about widening the OWR in front of it.

Some of the parking lots, fire station and police station as well as ATCT.

Realistic markings, PAPI, glideslope antenna and localiser.

The windsock as best as I could do it.

And finally the VOR/DME.

I'm still wondering how to fill the grass around the airport. Should I do it like the previous version ( see the post just over this one) or leave it blank...?

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Awesome airport Arthur  &apls  One of the nicest I've ever seen. I like the idea of widening the OWR and think it might be better not to decorate the grass area. What's that terminal building you're using?

art128

Thanks Noah! :) I'll leave the grass untouched then. :)
The terminal is a BAT I've created a few months ago. Not ready at all to be released (need more texture work and removal of the " Kamiyama Airport " sign )

Props & Texture Catalog

omer584

Am I the only one who cannot see art128's photos?

Indiana Joe

Quote from: omer584 on May 31, 2014, 02:10:36 PM
Am I the only one who cannot see art128's photos?

He's using a Swedish image uploading service, the domain may be blocked in your region.

art128

Sorry about the viewing problems for some people, but I'm not going to change the uploader. This one is fast and very reliable.

Here's another airport I've built. This time it's a rural one located on an island named Sado.

Click for full size.

The right building is the JP post center which receive the mail by air every night to be distributed the next day.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

A successful small airport. Small is beautiful!  :P
Is that a cargo airport? To me it was lacking a bit of storage capacities.

The major airport is very impressive! Do you have the terminal itself built? It bears your signature.  ;) I'd rather create two large parking areas than many small parking lots that would be conceptually better at such a facility.
How it looks with a central bus station?

art128

Thanks Dante. :) It isn't really a cargo facility, more of a Japan Post center to receive the mail every night, so that it can be distributed on the island the next morning. :)
Yep, the terminal is my creation. I still need some tweaking like I explained to Noah in order to upload it to the public. :)
As for the parking lots, I took inspiration from Toyama Airport, which also has a few parking lots like that.
What do you mean by "How it looks with a central bus station?" ?

Props & Texture Catalog