• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

For me, it looks for an ash maybe? Whatever it is, it's great! :D

Even though, maybe I'm not the best person to come in with such questions (especially with still having few things on my head to do for sc4), but could I gave you a proposal?

I would dream of some more conifiers trees, especially Pinus Sylvestris. With specific shape of long, bare its bottom, pencil-like trunk and sparse layer of leaves on their top.

Or, smaller ones, but with similiar non-cone shaped exemplars, common on sandy shoreline areas.

That's some of the most common (at least for north and easter Europe) conifier forests to be spotted, but still, I could not manage to make a proper, and satysfying for me in-game forest :)

I know that there is one made by orange, but I would also love to see a your one - with good colour and size reference to the other trees made by you :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mattb325

I love the new trees and I'm happy with whatever you want to call them  :D

Girafe

Hi,
Thanks for your nice comments  ;)
First, I was able to fix the issue between the engine and the 1st wagon. It was a 3D problem (it seems that the night model does not impact the gap between engine and wagon, only the day model does &Thk/()
I finished 6 liveries for the Passenger train engine which will be additional to the first pack of BB 26000.
FRET liveries for both engines (BB 26000 and CC72000) are done but not released yet, I want to do a specific pack for Freight engines)

Then I succeed to convert the Rail tracker to another 3D model, I was thinking to do a regional train as a replacement as it needs to be a single model  ::)

I like the field maple, but I did not progress so far for flora since last update.

@kbieniu7 I did some tests for this species long time ago, it was not looking great in game but I will try again after the field maple  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Une_ame

QuoteI was thinking to do a regional train as a replacement as it needs to be a single model

Or a lonely locomotive ? Some can be seen from time to time one tracks.

Whateveer you decide, the CC72000 in this old dark blue paint scheme is a must have for me. THANK YOU !

Do you plane to released them as Prop to ?

If you wanna had some exotism in this nice collection, those huge engines had been exported to Morroco with a very striking paint scheme
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

mattb325

The trains look great and that is excellent news regarding the track checker...after 15 or so years of seeing it in game, it's definitely time for a change  :D

Krasner

It's great to see you make more of these  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Also :

QuoteThen I succeed to convert the Rail tracker to another 3D model, I was thinking to do a regional train as a replacement as it needs to be a single model

Great idea and the X73500 looks good, but maybe you could also think about its predecessor which was removed from services in the late 2000s pretty much like the CC72000 ? Really just a suggestion, it's only because I like this thing which is commonly seen with trailers but circulated pretty commonly alone as well  ;)

ANARCHIST !!

manga rivotra

I think we can easily say that these automatas are the most realistic and beautiful created for this game.  :o
It is actually rather surprising that, even if we are less and less numerous to play this good old Sim City, the quality of the content increases again and again, year after year. Between these locomotives and the future ships and other aircraft of alejogc13, we have certainly reached a new level!
And of course, your trees are always essential to decorate our countryside or our urban parks: no exception with these superb new models!  &apls &apls &apls

Tyberius06

Hi!

The new trains are awesome and the regional (single) train as a replacement for the tracker is a really interesting idea.  &apls &apls &apls
It's time to prepar my cities for the new engine... :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Girafe

Quick update after a long break  &Thk/(

I had an issue with the automatas of the CC72000 (for some reasons which I still cannot understand, all the 3D groups were not captured properly by the game resulting in some groups not showing  &mmm - kind of details but the wheels and roof junk were not appearing in the game). This is now fixed, somehow, not perfectly but enough to propose soon a public release :)

Something that I am experiencing recently. It's based on a development that Olasz did few years ago - double bus. I am trying with a 3D model from City Skylines (front / back 3D model groups to be adjusted). Still trying to understand how it works and if exportable to other automata networks like El - train = Tram where it would be the most useful visually   ::)

For the next project, I will try to finish some bushes, shrubs and hedges so RSC204 can complete his flora replacement mod  :)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Getron

I like your CC72000 series. They look like the "SNCF Class BB 7200", which was the basis for the Dutch NS 1600 series (one of my favorite locs).  :thumbsup:

art128

That's because they're part of the Nez cassés design family at SNCF. :)

Very nice work Antoine. That articulated bus is cool.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Those CC72000 look sweeeet!  &apls

Thank you Antoine.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

kbieniu7

A double bus! That's cool! I remember Olasz's ikarus, at SCP we've made some recolours of it. Seeing some new of such buses would be great!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Philforhockey51

If you are thinking of ideas for replacing the track checker how about on of those very mechanical looking track repair trains?
I thought about this, and am still thinking about it because though I've thought about this, I still have more thinking to do as to stop thinking about it would mean not to think.

Une_ame

Thank You Girafe for this soon to be released CC72000 pack !  &apls &apls &apls

As I wrote earlier, having both the automata and the prop of the same engine from the same BATer will allow us to give more realism in our cities since it will be possible to see them running one the tracks and - let say - waiting with some loose wagons/cars one some lonely track along.

Can't wait  $%Grinno$%
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Girafe

Thanks for your comments  ::)

I wanted to check if a trick (reverse engine train) would work for a long time, and yes it's working properly but limited to Freight train. Visually, this could be translated to TGV, ICE... but it would only be a visual trick  &Thk/(

The Floraler

art128

I'd say that's a great discovery. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Awesome work on the trains and love the trick with the reversed engine as coboose! Great idea to use freight rail as regional rail for automata :) Something for the steam engine as well perhaps? And now what to do with that damn track checker :D ?

Looking forward to new flora too!

Andreas

I think there were quite a few modders trying to take advantage of the freight train caboose, but they tried to attach it to passenger trains so far. Blocking all the freight cars and change them to TGV/ICE/... passenger cars might do the trick for some nice automata alright. As for the track checker, I think someone (Swamper77?) made a blocker for that.
Andreas

vester

Andreas: Yes my best guess it would be Swamper77.
(The modder that I learned a lot from.)