• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

@ Girafe and every one who have download the "zzzz_Citymax_Rail_set_gSt" zip file before the last 20 minutes :
Sorry for the mess !  &mmm
Indeed the T21 part of the mod can not work without a file that I forgot to put in the first compressed folder.
In fact, this "mod" was based on the old T21s of Plunderer for proper positioning of the catenary props, but it only works thanks to Rivit's update of the Plunderer mod for use on the RRW rails via its mod RUM for RRW, available here https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29279-rum-for-rrw/.
The Rivit Mod has been the subject of an important update in October 2017 to work with the NAM 36, but my T21 were created on the basis of the NAM 35 ....
However, if I have clearly understood the Readme, it appears that the file on the catenary T21 "H__CatenariesRRW.dat" has not been modified, BUT it is necessary to delete the file H__Faded Catenary.dat also present in the folder H catenary. As a result, the Rivit mod is the 2nd dependency needed (with the CityMax mod) to run these new T21s ; and the file "H__CatenariesRRW.dat" should be replaced by the new file that I attach to the corrected compressed folder with the same name.

In summary, (for people still interest) you must:

- download again my compressed folder "zzzz_Citymax_Rail_set_gSt" correted today, always on the 1st post of the first page of the MD or at the end of this post.
- leave in your plugins folder or install Rivit mod "RUM for RRW" in order to replace the file "H__Catenaries RRW.dat" by the one of the same name that I provided in my new compressed folder, in the folder:
"Z___RVT Modds" - "RVT zRUM for RRW" - "H Catenary".
-delete the file "H__Faded Catenary.dat" present in the updated version on October 24th, 2017 of  this same folder "H catenary" (this file is not present in the version prior to October 24th, 2017 of this mod).
And normally it should work.....If it not work, then my mod is clearly outdated by the new NAM 36 features and shoud be avoid for the T21 part.
The MMPs work correctly in any case, and are present at the bottom of the flora menu between nbvc mmps and VIP mmps
These "instruction" have been writed also in the post of the update 24, wich still act of a sort of readme for installation

@eggman121 :
I am aware of your catenary project, and believe me that I'll love to use them when they will integrated in the next NAM release. I did not want to interfere with the work of the NAM, but only to propose MMPs and especially a T21 for the props of CityMax which are superb, because I use them for 2 years now and I think they bring a lot to the aesthetics of my MD. In fact I wanted to propose them 1 year ago, and so before the release of NAM 36, but I did not realize at the time how to attach a file to a post.  :-[

Simmer2

@manga rivotra.

I got the cats to work and they look great!!

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

manga rivotra

@ Simmer2 :
Thank you very much, this is great news !  :bnn:
And thanks to Citymax for its beautifuls models !
I am well aware, however, that the T21 will definitely no longer usable with the future NAM 37, but with the new catenaries of Eggman121, it will be even easier to modify the T21 to add the gantries of his choice and this time on all the pieces.  :)

@ korver :

Thanks for the kind words ! , i really appreciate.  ;D
I think the relative harmony in spite of the very different buildings is due to the sidewalk present on the transit network but also on the lots thanks to the tutorial/mod of MGB which makes it possible to obtain the sidewalk of its choice on all the parts of the NAM through the Rivit GoFSH tool. https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30033-mgb-maxis-texture-replacement-tutorial-and-dev-kit/ and the adaptation of the SCILT texture overlays mod of Cp to the sidewalk i use.
The systematic use of Girafe trees and cars on all lots surely increases the visual unit even more.

mattb325

Lovely pictures! I really like the old bathers pavillion bat turned into a school with porkissimo's  pavement....I'll have to steal borrow that idea  :D Thankyou for the catenaries as well  :thumbsup:

manga rivotra

Hello everybodies !

Answers :
@ Mattb325 : in fact I stole this idea by seeing an entry from Antigone of Badsim a few years ago....... ;D , and thanks for the "old bathers" building.

So after a long hiatus of 1 year, i' back with only 3 but huge mosaics !  :)

Actually the mosaics are full Zoom 5 view of little tile if you click on it.

The first image is a small town built, as often with me, on hilly terrain, of which no part was shown before. To the south a long and very narrow sea bay, drawing some small beaches not really touristic : maybe mosquitoes in the dry marshes behind  ::), and on the hills, a restricted development with some small buildings and many pavilions following the slopes. However, it'is indeed more big than a village, and have some industries on east side

The following mosaics are taken from a small town, a small part of which was already shown over 2 years ago now. This time, I show it all with subtle redevelopment and especially the context. This city is built on a hill that faces another hill covered with forest. Between the 2 existed a swamp and some agricultural meadows. When Gransimtenango developed, two railway lines had to be passed over the territory of the municipality to serve more populated parts of the city. The rail thus followed the natural slope of the ground and a long tunnel of 350 meters was built under the city, then a station in the marsh area under the pressure of the inhabitants. Several years later, the marsh was converted into a park while maintaining a natural appearance and its function of collecting runoff water.
The industrial zone to the south, for its part experienced a trauma during the creation of an avenue connecting 2 other tiles much more populated (the industrial zone extends in fact on several tiles, in my region) that will literally cross it, resulting in the relocation of a former brick textile factory whose principal buildings can still be seen today.

Hope you enjoy it !  :)

c.p.

Nice towns.  The (huge) full-size pictures are amazing :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Yes. It's really fun to enlarge the pictures and scroll west and east south and north - so many nice details if you ask: "where's Eric?" and have a look on the Sims level. The underground parkng with the rounabout .. the steps ...

I don't know, but it should be a challenging thing to switch from catenary to tunnel? I assume - not knowing - this is something railroad would avoid?

mattb325

It's great to see you back. The pictures are phenomenal and the detail is incredible! I hope you don't mind, but I have saved a couple of the images for when I want an SC4 scene to reflect in the windows of my bats  :bnn:

rivit

I'm really impressed by your custom Roads and Avenues (it would be interesting to know your thinking and how you created them) - in combo with the streets they make the whole scene quite restful and leave the focus on the other items. The color and tonal balance overall is really good - looks very believable as a town in the late afternoon sun.   

eggman121

Very nice work manga rivotra

Love the detail, Especially the Railways. The whole picture has a nice flowing transport network with the buildings and affects around it. Great work all round :thumbsup:

On the hint of Catenaries, The upcoming NAM will be hardwired to have a duplicate set of models with a wire overlay so there will be an option for users to have wires above the Railway to satisfy the desires of many players out there.

I will make a stock set of Poles to accompany as well as a Style Guide for users to fit their own poles with the scheme if they want to BAT there own poles.

-eggman121

evarburg

Just fell into your last update (saving the travelling back in time for another day, as a whole DAY will not be too much and sadly I don't have it right now) --whoa, those huge pictures are a wonderful ride ! I love the small European town vibe (the building choice) ; and the amount of well placed details is delightful. I also love that little triangle of watery semi-wildness between the rails, of course ;-)

So I understand those streets, avenues and such are from your own kitchen or I am wrong ? They look so wonderfully different. I wouldnt mind having them !:-)

manga rivotra

@ fantozzi and c.p. :
Thank you for your very nice comments! I really appreciate ! :)

@ Mattb325 :
I could not imagine getting a better compliment!  ;D and you know if the reflection is beautiful it is primarily because the bats that I use (ie yours and those of C.P massively) are actually perfect.  ;)

@ eggman121 :
I have follow this project and wire is one of the things I expect most from future NAMs, so I hope to find a way to still use Citymax's PROPs in combination, which I think are sublime.

@ Rivit and evaburg :
About roads, they are indeed my creation.
In fact, two and a half years ago I tried to change the texture of the simplest straight section of road, and I succeeded, which was a big surprise.
I then took the totally unrealistic idea of ​​changing all the textures of the NAM and Maxis by a greyish asphalt. The color is questionable, probably too clear for many cities and latitudes, but after many of the reskins already done (tens of thousands actually), I can not go back.
On the other hand, my method is not really conventional since strictly nothing in the drawing process is automated. In fact, I copy and paste white ground markings that are used in my NAM configuration (but also add-ons like SAM, Rivit and MGB), which I attach to my asphalt texture that I created. from a mix of (greatly modified) photos of asphalt textures found on the internet. The process is extremely long (and boring), before more than I add traces of rolling ("rollings and non-tires, because these traces are clearer than the color of the asphalt itself, and are meant to illustrate a tread that is often more worn but also less dirty than the rest of the asphalt) handmade piece by piece, especially to illustrate the offset of one side or the other of the curved vehicle road and sometimes even their regular overlap of the white lines.This is especially visible in the crossroads including several lines of circulation (RTL) and the tight curves.
On the other hand, for most files, I did not create a file type "zXXX" supposed to overwrite the file of the corresponding NAM, but I directly edited the files of the NAM present in the folder z___NAM (or Z___RVT) . If I create a kind of reskin mod, I will probably have to work a lot on how to integrate files serenely for all users. Many textures, replace each other according to the order of the files (that's how the z___NAM folder works if i'm correct), and all the remakes seem to me unfeasible.
To date, I have not finished the avenues (including complex angles, crossroads and bridges), nor the NWM or OWR parts or the GLR (which is the most complex with bridges). I do not want to do RHW reskins (too big) or Left hand version.
However, I did most of the classical road (including the majority of bridges), WRC, FAR and intersections with SAM Cobble, and the streets of Rivit. So much for the story (rather long), and of course, I can not promise anything, it's still a work in progress.

rivit

Thanks for the exposition - you're very dedicated and the results definitely justify the means.

evarburg

...And I, for one, can still afford to wait a while longer  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Great compositions &apls

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

manga rivotra

Hello Everybodies

@Simmer2,evarburg and rivit : Thanks for your nice comments  ;D.
About the roads, I'm still on it, but I'm progressing very slowly now.  &mmm And above all I have not tested the last NAM which removes the folder where 99% of my textures are located (the "z__NAM" folder), which will undoubtedly require a lot of adaptation work on my part (although this new architecture of the NAM files may ultimately facilitate re-skins).

So, here is Gransimtenango again for a small update of 2 mosaics (now only visible at maximum zoom when opening them in a new tab).
This time, it is an average city on a Medium Tile presented in its entirety along a west-east axis for the first photo; while the second presents a smaller part of the same city in an east-west axis.
This city is made up of 3 separate old towns which have ended up being linked together over the years. Thus each old town has its more or less historic center with its church, a small market and a few typical squares often lined with European buildings (Haarlemmergold, Wallibuk, Aarsgevogelte, building and ALL the content of the former Sim City Polska site with mostly the buildings made by Rav which unfortunately do not seem available in Simtropolis). On the edge of these old towns, there are houses (Cp, Mattb) and more modern buildings (Mattb) as well as 2 industrial zones on flatter parts near the railway tracks (classic mix of buildings Mattb, TAGone, SimGoober, Jasoncw and Simmer2 (main railway station from him also)). Of course, nothing is really flat (as always) and only the southern part (to the left of the 1st mosaic) includes a section flat enough to accommodate a significant development of W2W (mainly Xannepan (JENX)).

In the center of the Tile is the most recent district in the immediate vicinity of the town hall park with its pond and lawns. Here, the transition between this district and the old town to the south.

I hope you like it  :)
Edith August 8th : fixing a few glitch on the pics
Edith March 21 2023 : pic 430 replace to show the new university complex

Badsim

Hi,

Well well well ...

Like Matt, I'm saving your pictures and  spend regularly a lot a time (as there's so many good ideas to steal ... ::) )  to study them full size.

Regarding these two last mosaics; awe-inspiring level of details and impressive amount of personal work everywhere, as per usual. &apls &apls &apls

Such natural feeling due to the swarm of details and mastered disorder is so hard to achieve; I feel humble here.  :) Furthermore, the tuning (hue/saturation/luminosity) of your pictures is now  one of the finest I've ever seen ( with marczar's pictures, by the past - today everything from him has vanished... another good reason to save what is truly exemplary!) ; no garish roof or tree or anything else come to break and ruin that perfect coherence - narrowly, that said, for CP's larches. :P

K-point for the continuous amazement and inspiration. :thumbsup:

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

manga rivotra

@Badsim :Thanks for the k-point and all the nice compliments, it's really flattering!   :)
I must admit that I have also stolen a lot of ideas by watching Antigone carefully, especially since you explain the techniques you use (MMPs, FSH, etc.) which further increases the immense value of your MD, encyclopedic and extremely aesthetic!
About the tuning of the photos, I always use the same mix of desaturation of whites, yellows and greens and the slight accentuation of blue while decreasing the overall contrast, to best match the Gobbias Sunden Valley terrain ground that I am using . However, I've caught myself modifying dozens of building FSHs in recent years to desaturate their colors (thanks to Rivit's GoFsh) and that's become a habit as well.

A new mosaic for this new update, a medium tile with this time a lower density and a majority of older buildings. Here, 2 ancient towns are visible, each on its gently sloping plateau, separated by a river which has carved a deep canyon about 800 meters in length. The canyon walls are made thanks to PROPs created by Korver for update 26 "Bohemia" of his legendary MD True Earth, which he generously gave me at the time. As always, lots of houses from Cp, Mattb, JMyers as well as a few from Colyn on the slopes; while older buildings are often from Rav, Haarlemmergold, Wallibuk and newer ones from Mattb. The Town Hall is located at the top right of the town and consists of Mattb's Monticello School in the main building and the Briggsbury diagonal c.p station attached further down in the park. The university at the bottom left is made up of several buildings from Mattb as well as the rare industrial buildings along the highway (partially visible here) with a few from TagOne as well.

i hope you'll like it  :)

Girafe

Awesome work  &apls &apls &apls
Really inspiring and great to see so many details per tile. Could spend hours to check everything   ::)
&apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Tyberius06

Beautiful details! :) The modified road texture tricked me first, I didn't understand what I was looking, then I realized. Awesome work! The GLR line is really nice. Your station relots were the on of the main inspirations for me to start my GLR station sets 2 years ago. Keep up the good work! :) I know where I need to go if I want to get some inspiration how to make nice hilly towns...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.