• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Cedric, you amaze and delight me with your work. Somehow you take a difficult concept and finish it in a way that makes it look simple - that is the sure sign of a professional or, in your case, a gifted and talented lotter! 

The farms are exquisite - everything from the overlay textures to the vehicles are in just the right place! The surroundings are stunning as well. Sometimes it's difficult to leave "empty" spaces - big pastures for example - but you've mastered that art, too!

And the sheep - oh, the sheep - perfect from any angle!  You are a visionary, able to look at a scene or structure and see beyond what is there. Even more amazing, however, is your ability to create a thing of beauty within the confines of the game engine. You are the inspiration that makes me want to keep trying and keep learning!

Thank you...
Joan

gobo77

The pictures are great!

And the farm, fields and sheeps...... fantastic!  &apls
Sorry for my bad english....

Youcefk69

C'est la 1ere fois que je post ici, je dois dire que ta ville est absolument magnifique, un réalisme absolu !  :thumbsup:

It's the first time that I post here, yous city is absolutely wonderful  :thumbsup:

art128

what an another fantastic work Cedric  &apls :thumbsup:
your farms are great  :thumbsup:
c'est vraiment incroyable  &apls
and the lots with the sheeps  are incredible  &apls
looking forward to more of Antigone  :thumbsup:
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kimcar

&apls &apls &apls Great lotting Cédric , i really like what you did with the sheeps. Very imaginative. I`m always fascinate each time i came here . Have fun :thumbsup:

Pat

Cedric wow simply stunning stuff here the last few updates wow!! OktoberFest has been wonderful so far for me yummiess!!! &apls &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

So , I'm one of those "gardeners"  Phillipe (Dasilva) is speaking about ... One day gardening a city , another one gardening farms , another one gardening forests .

I've reworked my 5 forest Lots , adding them Jeroni's bushes , Porkissimo's dead leaves as fallen needles , and CP's Douglas Fir trees & Lodgepole pines as families , so each time I plop them they're different .

I'm studing the possibility to upload them in my LotEditor Project thread .... ::)

5 Lots are enough ...

... at least to start something else . ::)

Logs props from Onlyplace4 - Props pack available at Simtropolis .

Yes , I'm a gardener ... of souvenirs too . :(

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

art128

Wow ! those trees are fantastic  &apls In Autumn, these look awesome  &apls
And excellent work on the LOT  :thumbsup:
looking forward to more !
Faut pas que les cordes lachent sur le camion  $%Grinno$%
Oh and the terrain mod you use is Missouri Breack no ?
Arthur 
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Oh lala, c'est vraiment sublime la dernière image est incroyablement réaliste
Tes lots sont génial bravo

This is absolutely splendid I love the last picture. Great work on the LE
And also I'm looking forward to the next update

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

metasmurf

The bushes stick out a bit since they aren't seasonal. I don't know whether CP made any seasonal ones or not, so I don't have a solution.

wouanagaine

These definitely warrant an upload !!!!!!

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Youcefk69

Superbe surtout la dernière ! Grand bravo !
The last pic' is the best ! Congratulations !

kimcar

&apls &apls Very well done again those lots. I imagine where you gonna go with it and i can`t wait to see it. :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Reworking of the tree lots brought spectacular results, Cedric, especially with the added touch of fallen leaves. And the logging camp road is actually much more attractive than the real thing! Now I'm studying your use of the various weeds and grasses - very interesting and helpful!

Later...
Joan

gobo77

Fantastic work!  &apls

It looks great!
Sorry for my bad english....

rooker1

I read your last post just about right after you posted.  I had to stop to think for a day for something never said before.  I tried to think up new adjectives and superlatives, but I can not.  I think everyone of them have been used in this MD alone.
As always, Cedric, super work and that last picture should be entered in the SC4 Picture Contest......please.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Badsim

Quote from: iamgoingtoeatyou on October 24, 2008, 02:30:57 PM
You have quite the overactive imagination :P

I'm in a good period indeed ... :P

No comment this time ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replies .....

Quote from: art128 on October 27, 2008, 05:49:17 AM

Oh and the terrain mod you use is Missouri Breack no ?

Right . I avoid to change the zoom level while seasons are changing because the interesting ground textures are the summer ones ... Winter ones are more green and uniform . Not the same effect at all .  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: Simpson on October 27, 2008, 08:29:07 AM
Oh lala, c'est vraiment sublime la dernière image est incroyablement réaliste

Quote from: Youcefk69 on October 27, 2008, 10:55:06 AM
Superbe surtout la dernière ! Grand bravo !

Quote from: gobo77 on October 27, 2008, 10:51:28 PM
Fantastic work!  &apls

It looks great!

Thank you  !  :thumbsup:

Quote from: metasmurf on October 27, 2008, 08:40:26 AM
The bushes stick out a bit since they aren't seasonal. I don't know whether CP made any seasonal ones or not, so I don't have a solution.

CP made seasonal ones indeed ... but I don't like them as much as Jeroni's ones , plus , the amount of seasonal props slow down seriously the game .  ;)

Quote from: wouanagaine on October 27, 2008, 08:43:26 AM
These definitely warrant an upload !!!!!!

So they will be ... sooner or later , just like X-youknowwhat !  :D

Sorry .... bad joke . $%Grinno$%  :thumbsup:

Quote from: kimcar on October 27, 2008, 01:57:45 PM
I imagine where you gonna go with it and i can`t wait to see it. :thumbsup:

Did you imagine a sawmill ? I am ... $%#Ninj2

Quote from: rooker1 on October 28, 2008, 03:57:14 AM
I read your last post just about right after you posted.  I had to stop to think for a day for something never said before.  I tried to think up new adjectives and superlatives, but I can not.  I think everyone of them have been used in this MD alone.
As always, Cedric, super work and that last picture should be entered in the SC4 Picture Contest......please.

Robin  :thumbsup:

Thank you Robin . Firstly , don't feel you have to find superlatives ...
This MD is a lot viewed and that's the most important .  ;)
About contests ... already said here & there , I dislike contests . Furthermore , this entire MD is already in a HoF - and that's a pressure sometimes hard to assume  .  ;)

Quote from: Jmouse on October 27, 2008, 04:02:10 PM
Now I'm studying your use of the various weeds and grasses - very interesting and helpful!

Later...
Joan

I'm truly glad if you find inspiration here , Joan . I don't know precisely which good advices I coul give ... When Im using Chisadam's ploppable stuff , I mentally visualize the scene before to act like a painter with its paintbrushes . For the scene with logs , I've used massively his "Weeds B" as they are perfect to portray ferns .

I've tried to give them a movement impression ; ferns are colonizing the freshly liberated space - by the deforestation - but , at the same time , they can't go a lot further because they like - and need - the shadow of trees . That's an example about how nature is self-controled ... If you have a good knowledge of that kind of mechanisms , that's easy to reproduce with the right paintbrushes . And , thanks to Chrisadams , we have here the right paintbrushes . You may have noticed as well that I'm using a few of his flora at the same time . Nature is varied , but not that much if you look at small areas like we work on with SC4 . Even with large city tiles ...
Hope to be clear and hepful .  ::)

As always , thanks for your attention . :thumbsup:

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Youcefk69

It's just wonderful  :thumbsup:
Bravo !

Toichus Maximus

i don't see a sawmill... yet. A spur rail road with an old steam loco (wish there were more props for the tiny ones, like a Shay 2-truck steam engine) that takes it to the sawmill?

But seriously, awesome work on the harvester, and I really am looking forward to those forest lots being released.

Cheers,
Matt

sim-al2

What a great farm scene...  ;D              You know your MD inspired me to even seriously try the lot editor...  and I've had a few idea. I wish I had some original inspiration, because I'm too young to been half the places you been... I think. Maybe I'll try to make my own sawmill before you post pictures of yours.  ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")