• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hi ,

My new desktop ... zen as you can see . "Ze World" is the name of my Internet Explorer , "Corbeille" is the french word for trash bin ... Who needs anything else between , except music ?  ;D

Well , I haven't spent these 3 last weeks to watch at a fly flying ...

Firstly , I've cleaned (finally!) my Plugin files ... checking during 10 days all my files one by one with LE ...a good lesson for the future .
875 Lots , 297 models , 347 description files for 413 Mo deleted . And a new Plugin folder totally reorganized with subfolders ... zen I said . $%Grinno$%

Secondly , I've searched for a new map for AntigOne ... I've never be satisfied with it . You know , time to render , try another one ... five other days  of "work" .  I've been near to give up ... and finally ...get a winner .

But ... as there was no precision about a height mod to render it , here was the result ....

4X6 Large city tiles , I've had to correct that opening each city tile .... and use intensively the erosion tool ...

Temporary terraforming & integration of the previous region ...

...and hours to plant forests with the great Olympic Tree Controller .

A lot of pure spaces ... I'm collecting new stuff for rural scenes ... I intend to work on that subject in a few weeks .

Thank you to those have given me inspiration , Jeroni , Phil (pvarcoe) with Terraforming Teton , and lately Ennedi ...

But waiting for these new adventures , I'll still work on AntigOne's downtown .

AntigOne's Convention Center .

That's all for today , I've also planned the next update for this area ... but no teaser pic , I've planned growable residential Lots , but I'm not totally sure to get that I want ...

See you . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Ennedi

This way has an energy, my friend :)

Go ahead, you will go far
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

wouanagaine

And again a masterpiece  &apls &apls &apls &apls

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

dedgren

Oh, my...

...faints...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

catches david as he faints.... WOW Badsim........ OMG WOW...........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

&apls &apls  Great job you done with the map. Super look too for your convention center. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Quotehttp://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7992/antigone488oq8.jpg

I love that shot.

Beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with that new area next.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Strechnitz

oh my....only one word fittingly describes my feeling here. IMPRESSIVE &apls

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Nardo69

wow ...

I don't recall anyone doing better with oppie's kanal pieces than you ...  &apls

I just love that convention center.

I just have to pick on one topic: the railway terminal station (what else ...  :P )

Terminal need large siding tracks for parking cars as well as engines. That's why they want to bury Stuttgart Hbf (central station) under the earth to turn it into a through station. These facilities are completely missing here. Just have a look on the terminal stations in Paris with Google Earth and you'll see ...

Anyway: impressive ....

Take care and don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

rooker1

I saw this update yesterday when it first came up, but I had to take it all in a second and a thrid time this morning.  The work you do is very impressive.  Now for some questions if you don't mind.  Is this one lot, and if so how big and how many props are on the lot?  I can only assume it's about 26 x 8.  I can see alot of small details.  Such as the parking lot looks alive because of the way you used the car props on angles to make it look like the cars are moving in and out of their parking spots.  Now, are the cars and people day and night props.  I have noticed these type of props when I was going throught the LE.  I am sooo overwelmed at this point, and have soo many other questions.  I must try a few more things tonight.  You have inspired me and given me something to think about.

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jmyers2043

Nice convention center. You spent a lot of time with it and it shows well. I like the row of commercials along the front. I like the night pictures with all the conventioneers milling around. My minds eye sees those buildings as classy restaurants and bars.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Glenni

Wow, just wow, i thought i made Vandals Fjella pretty realistic, but this just knocks it down in the dirt, man.

Because this, this is just pure breathtaking.I also noted that path following the canal. That's kinda cool, because it looks more like a narrow street than a foot/bike path, thus giving an oldtown look, despite all them modern buildings. ;D

fantnet

I never seen the parking lot textures that have the islands included, I really wonder haow you did it.  &mmm

Glenni

It Seems he used the BSC parking textures, and then combined them with some BSC "street"/random road textures.

bat

Awesome work on that region! Fantastic city so far! :thumbsup:

fantnet

Glenni,

Were can I find them?

Droftrah

ASTONISHING.
The level of detail is incredible.

You have an ability to which many of us can aspire, but few will reach.
Well done.

&apls &apls &apls &apls

emilin

As always: &apls &apls &apls

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you will be able to achive with the rural development. Also (but perhaps that is later in the future?) how you integrate the city into the surrounding environment - I would love to see how AntigOne-suburbia looks.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Badsim

Replies ...

A few updates ago , I used to show the exact Lots , then I thought it was a bit ... pretentious ... something like "Look at what I'm able to do" rather than "Look at what it's possible to do" . But I see that when I stop to do that , some of you are lost ...

@Robin , here the 3 exact Lots :

Hmmm... this parking isn't only what it seems to be ....

Yes ...
As I've told you by PM , my parisian residential bolcks aren't only eye-candy but are functional & variable versions I've made of BarbyW's residential growing mega-lots ( Quartier Touraine , Quartier Alex , Place des Alpes , Les Pauvres ) . These lots were available at Simtropolis but it seems that they haven't been transfered on the LEX ...
So I needed these jobs ... some of you may consider that it's just a odd way to cheat ... When a lot of buildings I've used recently like TNeu building or these two Convention centers are just landmarks without any job , I think that I'm just correcting things .Of couse , the most proper solution would be to Mod these landmaks ... well , what could I say except that my pleasure isn't in Modding ...
For those which could be interested , here the original lot :

This Lot having an "invisible" building all you see are props so can be removed and replaced with everything else you want .
Robin , on the first picture you can see that there's no people , that's another answer for you ... the people props I use are day timed because the choice is larger than for night time . I'm always "playing" in day time and when I want to take a night view , I just turn on/off the button ...
I'm using the following static props : Amill4x4x4_small / Amill4x7x4-small-medium / Amill5x7x4_medium / Amill7x11x4_large ...
...combined with these animated props : Randomwalk_SmallCrowd / Randomwalk_StateFair .
There're others props named Aper---- , but they are single person props , I'm using only the following ones : Aper2x2x4_police_med-male(or female )-wait . Notice too another trick about these Aper props ; if you add all those  named Aper2x2x4_nightclub on a Lot , you'll get a discotheque sound at night ... funny .
Don't forget to turn randomely all these props with the tabulation key . You've got a sharp eye , Robin , that's a pleasant feedback ... yes , I've used diagonal cars (from BSC Prop Pack Cycledogg N°1 ) , and the Lot is also transit enabled ... not obvious to take the right shot at the right moment though .

You can visit VirtualEden , the childhood of AntigOne , at simphoni.net : LINK
I've checked it recently (I'm not active anymore at simphoni  ) but it is interesting to see how AntigOne has grown and how my style has grown with it (so as your will grow )... plus , I gave there some others useful informations ...  :P

@ Glenni , that's surprising how we can see ... what we want to . In my mind , this is really nothing else than a bike path . :D . If you watch again at T-Neu Building (one or 2 pages back) you'll see parked cycles/motorcycles props along this path ... You're right about the overlays used from the BSC Texture megapack ...(fantnet , you've got your answer ... search on the LEX) .... and please Glenni I can't let a talented BATer tell I knock her work in the dirt , at least you're nearer to the original purpose of this game than I am with my giant jigsaw ... oppositely to what has been said at the beginning of this MD , this isn't a new standard ... I'm LotEditing this city since 3 years : my only recipe is there . ;)

@Bernhard ... Yes , I know your interest and your skill for rail stuff . And I know Paris in real life ... Look back at Gare du Nord with Google Earth , you'll see firstly how it is near to another huge train station (Gare de l'Est ) , secondly how the areas for parked trains (mostly TGVs ) are far from the station (at the north) and are huge ... and are ugly ! LOL ....but I'm not reproducing Paris and I understand your comment perfectly ... a question of plausibility rather than realism . I've been totally flabbergasted by Mincroabl's work visible here :LINK , ( I'm surprised that you didn't comment these pictures , so I think that you haven't noticed them ) . Maybe I'll try something like this ( smaller ) ... but I've got so many projects and so little time . As  everybody ... ;)

@emilin ... yes , suburbs ... I know .When I started this city on a large city tile, I intended to fill this city tile with only a city downtown (ater all , Paris is the downtown of something else and couldn't be contained on a single city tile , even a large one ! ) But , after 3 years , I know that I'll be not able to achieve this ... so I think that I'll enlarge the current downtown untill the border of the tile on two sides and slowly turn it to suburbs on the two others sides ... but don't expect to see a suburb from me before .... a long time . In fact , AntigOne has already 2 suburbs on 2 neighboring city tiles , but I don't control them , I let the game engine play to balance the RCI demands of the downtown ... poors are there , just like in real life   ::) and this is not eye-candy at all , trust me ! Not because it is poor , but it's a total mess ! :P

Other note ----
On the first picture you can see how I integrate Oppie's canal pieces to the Lot ... this isn't for my pleasure but because there's no other choice .I use Oppie's canal set mainly for this reason : its quasi-total modularity . When I started AntigOne , it was simply the only canal set available . Recently callagrafx has done a wonderful work with SG canal water texture ... I was envious , but a texture can't  beat Oppie's canal about many other points . Not only the modularity . Oppie has BATted Amsterdam's canal and in fact , it has the perfect best so far looking for european cities , not only to build canals but to represent the embankments of a river crossing a city ... Here the Seine in Paris , but this kind of photography could come from any other european city crossed over by a river ...

I understand why AntigOne is mainly successful with european members ... except a few ones like Ryan (Yoder) we have an obvious tendancy to represent and love what we perfectly know . But one of the greatest interest of this community is this wonderful possibily to travel through the work of the others .Thanks . :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

thundercrack83

Pure, unadulterated magic, my friend! Every time you update here, I am flooded with new ideas! Great work, as always!