• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

can someone tell me how to convert growable to plopable (pim-x)

Started by justinrpg, May 29, 2011, 11:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

I was told you can do this with pim-x, but I don't know how to... can someone tell me how to convert growable to plopable using pim-x... or just link me to a tutorial? is it possible to convert growable to plopable landmark with jobs?

Gringamuyloca

Quote from: justinrpg on May 29, 2011, 11:50:14 AM

...or just link me to a tutorial? ...

Did you get the SC4PIM User Guide v1?

It has step by step instructions on how to do many things, along with some detailed pictures.
Tamara

justinrpg

It doesn't explain how to convert growable to plopable (or I can't find it)... I was told by someone else that PIM-X can do that... if anybody knows how please explain because I don't see it in the guide in the link you posted...

Lowkee33

You drag the model to "Landmark with jobs", create a plopable with the same lot size, copy/paste the LotConfigProperties from the growable into the plop (removing the textures from the plop first).  Then enter LE and correct the position of the building.  If the model is too big to fit on the original lot size, then you need to decrease the occupant size accordingly.

Sim.Rico

Quote from: Lowkee33 on May 29, 2011, 07:31:14 PM
You drag the model to "Landmark with jobs", create a plopable with the same lot size, copy/paste the LotConfigProperties from the growable into the plop (removing the textures from the plop first).  Then enter LE and correct the position of the building.  If the model is too big to fit on the original lot size, then you need to decrease the occupant size accordingly.

I know this was last responded in 2011 and not sure if a new topic is active or bring this one back to life?   Shouldn't there be three tools needed to accomplish this: 

• SC4Pim for creating the ploppable ;
    LIVES Reader to do the copying/paste;
    LE (as stated) for positioning the bldg, etc

FrankU