• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffhaw

@ delija21, your range is 0xF8040000 to 0xF807FFFF

Simcoug

I would like to request a texture range.

Thank you kindly  :)

droric

I am creating attempting to create transit stations that will be included with the NAM amung possibly other small BAT items.  I believe I will need a texture range assigned to continue?  Thanks!

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

geoffhaw

@ Simcoug, your range is 0xF8080000 to 0xF80BFFFF

@ droric, you are welcome to have the range 0xF80C0000 to 0xF80FFFFF.  However, if you are thinking of making new transit textures, I am not sure if these will work?  You may have to use replacement textures for existing transit texture IIDs?  Not sure.  Maybe other people can help here. 

Swordmaster

I think droric is talking about Lot textures. (If it's transit textures, the NAM has its own range and you should ask on the NAM boards.)

Cheers
Willy

droric

Quote from: geoffhaw on October 15, 2013, 02:54:43 PM
@ droric, you are welcome to have the range 0xF80C0000 to 0xF80FFFFF.  However, if you are thinking of making new transit textures, I am not sure if these will work?  You may have to use replacement textures for existing transit texture IIDs?  Not sure.  Maybe other people can help here.

I am looking for a texture range for a TE Lot/BAT.  I will use the given range if I am correct in assuming I should be using this for the FSH's in a BAT and other associated files.  Thanks so much!

Question:  Is there a way to input my range into BAT4MAX so it will use the ID range specified for me for the FSH files?  What is the workflow to assign my IDs properly when BATing.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

memo

Quote from: droric on October 16, 2013, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: geoffhaw on October 15, 2013, 02:54:43 PM

I am looking for a texture range for a TE Lot/BAT.  I will use the given range if I am correct in assuming I should be using this for the FSH's in a BAT and other associated files.  Thanks so much!

Question:  Is there a way to input my range into BAT4MAX so it will use the ID range specified for me for the FSH files?  What is the workflow to assign my IDs properly when BATing.

As far as I know, the BSC texture index is for Lot base and overlay textures only, that is, FSH files with Group-ID 0x0986135E. I think the BAT automatically produces FSH and S3D files with your own unique Group-ID which works fine and does not require any modification - base/overlay textures however need the aforementioned GID to work. SC4PIMX also assigns you a unique GID for your BATs, I think.

As the number of possible Instance-IDs for base/overlay textures is limited, that's why there is the texture index in order to avoid conflicts.

Mr.Lin

May I get a texture range, thanks!
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

geoffhaw

@ Mr.Lin, your range is 0xF8100000 to 0xF813FFFF

pxljce

I would like to request a texture ID range.   $%#Ninj2

geoffhaw

@ pxljce, your range is 0xF8140000 to 0xF817FFFF

pxljce

mak

Hello! I would like to request a texture range. Thanks in advance! :)

geoffhaw

@ mak, your range is 0xF8180000 to 0xF81BFFFF

mak

DonVitoCorleone

May I receive a texture range please?

Thank you for handling this task for the community. Very cool of you.

:thumbsup:

geoffhaw

@ DonVitoCorleone, your range is 0xF81C0000 to 0xF81FFFFF

vortext

Right, this is a little embarrassing.  &ops

While re-assigning texture IIDs I noticed something troubling: I had both used 0xFC7xxxx and 0xF7Cxxxx which was confusing me. But alright, must have messed up somewhere along the line. No biggie, I'll just look up my IID range.

So I browse the thread and cannot find my request. Then I come across this little tidbit. Erm yeah, turns out I've been under the same assumption until now. :-[

Long story short, I'd kindly like to request a texture range.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

geoffhaw

Hi vortext, first of all your range is 0xF8200000 to 0xF823FFFF

With regard to any textures you may have released using the "default" range...  dunno really!  These may clash with any textures that others may have also released using the same range, but it's impossible to say.  Even if they do clash, it's a 50/50 chance whether yours will take preference - the game will take the last set of IIDs it loaded according to the folder structure of the user.  In theory, to avoid any problems you could re-release any lots etc. with your dedicated range, but it's up to you.  Of course, even if you did, anybody who has already downloaded them would have a potential problem until they update them. 

vortext

Thanks for fast reply!  :thumbsup:

As for possible clashes, luckily I caught this just in time. Except for a few beta files none of my textures have been publicly released yet. Quite a happy accident really.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana