• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maffylein

Hi , can I get a texture range please, for my own park and river texur set?
wbr from bavaria

carlfatal

Hi Geoffhaw,
me the same, i need a own texture range for upcoming stuff.
Thanks in advance, Carl

geoffhaw

@ Maffylein, your range is 0xF7780000 to 0xF77BFFFF
@carlfatal, your range is 0xF77C0000 to 0xF77FFFFF

carlfatal

dunzer

Hi Geoffhaw,

Can I get a texture range, please.

Also is there a master list of the already taken ranges posted somewhere?

Maffylein

geoffhaw

@ dunzer, your range is 0xF7800000 to 0xF783FFFF

There is a master list of course, and this isn't the first time I've been asked this question.  However, we are reluctant to publish it because the last time we did (a long time ago) we found that people started allocating ranges to themselves.  Took a while to sort it out...

I'm happy to tell anyone whose range an IID belongs to though. 

As a matter of interest we've allocated 283 ranges so far!  Not bad!

StephenMotsinger

I am looking for a range for props, and also an id for my own buildings.  I have many new models to upload, and would like them to have an ID that is associated with me.   My Publishing name will be IGC. IGC = Internet Gamers Club.

Thank you very much,

Stephen

geoffhaw

Can't really help you there, but this is why.

There is no range for props because we've never really had need for one.  When you import a new model into the game a TGI number is generated for you.  Once you have one, you can re-number the Instance number to whatever you want.  However, the hexadecimal numbering system only goes up to F, so if you were thinking of using IGC you will be stuck.  Maybe 16C? 

There is the prop family index which is maintained by BarbyW, but this is for when you want to have alternate props appearing on lots in the same place whenever the lot is plopped, or when the game reloads. 

Hope this helps.

Doctor Soul

Hi there

Extremely late to the party, I know, but for the first time ever I'm going to try my hand texturing. May I have a range please?

Thanks,

-DS

geoffhaw

It's never too late!  Doctor Soul, your range is 0xF7840000 to 0xF787FFFF

Doctor Soul

Thank you very much! It seems yesterday when I was attempting to set up SC4 Tool and define the range, I guessed correctly that this was what my range would be  :)

(Now if I could only get the Tool to actually save things to my .dat without telling me it "could not save"   :'( ...but that is a question, the answer for which I have yet to find the thread for.)

Swordmaster

I'd like to ask one of these as well, please?  ;)

Cheers,
Willy

geoffhaw

@ Swordmaster, your range is 0xF7880000 to 0xF78BFFFF

mntoes

Hi I would like a range please. Thanks in advance.

geoffhaw

@ mntoes, your range is 0xF78C0000 to 0xF78FFFFF

mntoes

Swordmaster

Thanks, Geoff!

Cheers,
Willy

mntoes

Quote from: geoffhaw on April 09, 2012, 02:39:21 AM
@ mntoes, your range is 0xF78C0000 to 0xF78FFFFF

OK, Sorry but I have forgoten more than I ever learnt about textures. Forgive me but I need to ask some very basic questions. (At this point I blush)

1) How many textures can I make with my range?
2) The first texture I have now made used F78C0000-F8C0004. Presumably the next texture is ok to start at F78C0005?  Is that correct? In other words what is the incriment in number from the first texture to the next? In this example it would be 5.
I have tried searching but could not find an answer.

Thanks

Mike

jmyers2043

Quote from: mntoes on April 09, 2012, 09:38:41 AM
... The first texture I have now made used F78C0000-F8C0004. Presumably the next texture is OK to start at F78C0005?  Is that correct? ...

It's a sixteen base system. 0123456789ABCDEF. Your first 9 textures might look something like this ...

F78C0000 thru F78C0004
F78C0005 thru F78C0009
F78C000a thru F78C000E.

Skip F and start the next sequence with

F78c0010
F78c0015
F78c001a

F78c0020
F78c0025
F78c002a

Remember that the 5th digit is a wealth determiner. F78C0000 is a low wealth texture because that 5th digit is a zero. It will only show up in low wealth areas. So you are probably best to start your sequence with an alpha as the 5th digit. e.g. F78CA000. I think you can use the numbers 5 thru 9 for the 5th digit too but I've not done it so I don't know for sure. By the time you get to F78CA09A you are at 30 base or overlay textures. By the time you get to F78CAFFF you are in the 750 to 800 texture range. You've not even used F78CB, F78CC, F78CD, or F78CE ranges. Basically, you have a ton of numbers to use up.

Use your microsoft calculator to convert hex to decimal when you get stuck or are not certain about what number comes next.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)