• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Super high capacity schools please?

Started by zombones, July 11, 2010, 12:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombones

I like building disorganized, but very dense, cities; and I use CAM of course.  Problem is, I can't afford to plop too many schools, since they take a lot of money and a lot of space.  I was wondering if there were any schools (especially elementary) that had a capacity of around 20,000?

SC4BOY

If you build large cities, I don't see how you can't afford schools. In my even modest cities with around 2-3 million I have problems even spending all the money. Regarding super-large schools, most people feel they are simply unrealistic. There are many high-capacity and well-done schools around and they should serve you fine (see for example jbsimio's). If not, mod'ing them isn't that difficult and there are tutorials which even help you do it. Real cities (take a look at google for instance) have LOTS of space devoted to city services and civics.. among the largest space of which is schools..  most custom designers aren't much interested in SC4 cities that carry these to extremes.  My suggestion is that if you want schools that are outside the norm, simply edit the stats for them yourself.

xxdita

There's also the bixel's HKSAS Primary School, plus several SimGoober schools that are great with big CAM cities. All of which are available on the LEX.

Click on the Power Search button on the LEX and select LEX Category: Civics - Education

Indisguise

Simcity mayors play all sorts of differnt manners, from true to the simulation standards, all the way to super radical. In which in this case you can edit any school that is as small as 1x1 that will service 100K of students in all age groups, if you want to. by using the ireader or pim-x or the tool, as there is  no real "cheating" as long as your having fun playing your game, it's all good.

There are a set of cheat ordinaces, which if your inclined to use, that you might wanna try. By using them the need for schools is not needed at all in the game as the clicking on the ordinace will make the sims super smart, no schools neededin the city at all.

"$Deal"$
One word of warning though, if you decided to edit any existing civic building in your game, you must first go through any and all cities and demolish the building before editing it. then replop the building after editing it.

If you don't do this and you edit the building it will cause all sorts of issues for the region or city, that included the slider to zero problem, this is where the funding for the building falls to zero as you play and no matter how many times you reset the funding to max, it always goes to 0 making the building strike and not affect the sims, a real pain in the arse. Also may cause the city crash to the desktop constantly, which make the city a throw away as it will be unplayable.  So just be careful if you deside to edit buildings
"$Deal"$

Colossus X-rated