• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire - An Empire of the stars

Started by Emperor Stormont, April 02, 2007, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Stormont

Pip -  Always fantastic to see you here and your comments are greatly appreciated, very pleased you like both the Collin Glen and SCJU Wonder update, more to come. J

Kwakelaar - Glad you liked the Collin Glen update, I do like to add lots of grand planning to my town/cities and great to hear you enjoy seeing it.

Bat - Many thanks for the past comments, so pleased you enjoy the MD, I enjoy making it for others to see

Rooker, Robin many thanks for stopping by, and yes Collin Glen is full of rich sims, it's a wonderful and beautiful place to live.

Snaper - Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment, greatly appreciated

Kimcar - Thanks, although I don't use LE, never got the hang of it and I'm a very impatient person so that doesn't help. Great to hear you are enjoying the MD thus far.

Russell - Really fantastic to see you here and you words are very welcome. Happy you liked the storyline and images, I hope you enjoy future updates also.

I would like to thank everyone that has been so kind as to comment throughout the course of this MD here on SC4Devotion, both 'lurkers' and those that comment, your viewing and support is greatly appreciated.

Located 1 mile east of the Imperial Capital, the former Caledon shipbuilding yards have given way to a glittering new financial and business zone. The AICZ is home to the headquarters of some of the largest companies in the Imperial Kingdom and provides landmark office buildings in a beautifully landscaped parkland for some of the most successful corporations in the world.

The zone provides a low tax environment for major corporations in which to locate and operate. The zone also provides businesses with some of the most advanced infrastructure in the world in order to facilitate highly efficient business activities.

The zone is also home to the Atlantis Stock Exchange, World Trade Centre, Atlantis Mercantile Exchange, Corporation Guild, The Atlantis Technology Exchange, European HQ of HSBC-Santander Banking Group (largest in the world), Europa Economic Forum and the HQ of the Atlantis First National Banking Corporation (3rd largest in the world)

As of June 2007 (year 2341 Atlantan timeline) the area has been home to the SCJU Institute of Cancer Research

Within sight of the AICZ is the new Atlantan National Stadium (see update just above this). This has been completed in time to host the final of the first ever URSC-SCJU Sim Calcio Tournament the entire area has been transformed

The zone also features advanced transport options for companies and their employees. The area benefits from fast road/rail connections to the Imperial Capital, Atlantis. All roads are integrated into the Atlantis Transport Management Network (ATMN) which allows for system controlled vehicle operations. This is a standard on all Atlantan roads and motorways.The entire zone is connected via an integrated light-rail service and high-speed underground travel pods. Located close of the Stock Exchange is a private heliport that can be used for those needing a more private form of transport.

The zone also has one of the first Atlantan ATEX stations (AeroTubeEXpress) which in 3 years time will be connected to the Europa wide ATEX network, currently under construction. There is also the possibility of the network expanding to connect all major URSC nations (United Republic of Sim City) meaning the AICZ will remain an important economic centre for the Imperial Kingdom of Atlantis

Below is my first mosaic, it think it looks alright for a first attempt.

I hope you enjoyed this update and comments are certainly welcome

(Remember to vote for Atlantis once voting opens on the decision for the SCJU World Wonders)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Strechnitz

Wow...when you talk money you do seriously talk MONEY.  :thumbsup:

In other words great update. your park design is again overwhelming in size and strict order. As you know I am a lover of symmetry so this is balm for my eyes. Those AeroTubeEXpress tubes look might nifty.  &apls
A very cool feature. Where did you get them?

I look forward to see more of Stopons oldest diplomatic ally.

Strechnitz.

urban

wow. that's amazing, the parks and the buildings everything is choosen so well and is arranged fantasticly :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

pipishere

A wonderfull array of images there and your mosaic is fab! :)

Eddie

I can only envy your park-making skills.  :( Now THAT's symmetry and design. Oppie's canals look polluted though. I don't know why it does that.  ()what()

bat

Wonderful pictures! Great work on this park! Fantastic picture of that stadium! :thumbsup:

Yoder7652

Great update...love the mosaics and the heliport in particular! Below is the official response from Osturland!...in a word, yes ;D

nova vesfalo

What a spectacular district ! The "french garden" are wonderful , the use of the avenues to perform the symestric layout is really clever and  good looking. It's out of scale, too much ... that's why it's breath taking ! If I had one things to say it's maybe wrong, it would have been the buildings with no road access in the middle of the park (2nd pic). And very nice to use the japanese "futuram" transport system !!

Emperor Stormont

SCJU UNION DAY CELEBRATIONS ACROSS THE IMPERIAL KINGDOM

CELEBRATIONS AT THE ATLANTAN SCJU BUILDING

THE EMPEROR STORMONT STADIUM (CONCERT VENUE)

FIREWORKS AT THE STADIUM SITE

THE IMPERIAL PARLIAMENT BUILDING

THE ATLANTAN UNIVERSITY (VOTE AS A SCJU WORLD WONDER)

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

kimcar

&apls &apls &apls Wow . I don`t know what i like best . Too much beauty. :thumbsup: Spectacular update. &apls

bat

A wonderful firework, belfastuniguy! Great update!

Strechnitz

very spectacular unionday celebration. my congratulations to the empreor Stormont.

Strechnitz.

Emperor Stormont

Many thanks to everyone thus far that has commented since the last update, I shall be posting replies by Monday evening, so until please enjoy this update

(Alicia) Good evening and welcome to this special ABC sports programme.

Tonight in this magnificent new stadium the first ever Sim City Journal Union and United Republic of Sim City football tournament comes to its conclusion.

The SCJU nation of Movia and the URSC state of Domeston will be playing tonight after a thrilling semi-final that saw Domeston beat Calderwood and Movia beating fellow SCJU nation Casanares to book their places here at the Emperor Stormont Stadium, and what a venue it is.

Yesterday Calderwood and Casanares competed for third place with the result being 1-0 in favour of Calderwood, placing them third and Casanares fourth in the overall championship.

I have with me Andrew Simpson and this evening commentary is provided by James McCann.

You join us live as the fans and invited guests take their seats. His Imperial Majesty is himself present this evening with guests from both competing nations as well as representatives from the SCJU, URSC and SimSports Group.

We're going to join Andrew down on the pitch............(camera pans around the stadium)

(Andrew) Thanks Alicia, well the fans are ready, the country is watching and the players are just about ready to leave the tunnel. The players will be lead out by the Imperial Guard Marching Band and school children from every competing nation in the competition will accompany the players onto the pitch to hear the Atlantan National Anthem followed by the SCJU and URSC Anthems.

Ok, I think I can see the Guards, and I do believe we are about to start, over to you Alicia, (aerial camera zooms out to show the entire stadium before zooming just above the tunnel exit)

(Alicia) As you can see the guards are leading the players out, and we are about to have the anthem played and the flags raised, everyone at home please stand for our nations anthem.

(Stadium Announcer) Ladies and Gentlemen and distinguished guests please stand for the national anthem

(Click on the respective links for the anthems)

Atlantan National Anthem
SCJU Anthem
URSC Anthem

(as anthem plays the aerial camera pans out to show the stadium with a light show)

(Alicia) What a fantastic start to the game, the coin has been tossed and Movia are to kick off. The best of luck to both teams and we are passing you over to James McCann.

(Alicia) Well.... What a thrilling game, I'm joined in the studio by Andrew and we're about to see the winning team, Domeston with 4 goals to 2 crowned champions and see this game close with a spectacular closing ceremony to mark the end of this historic tournament.
The trophy will be awarded by His Imperial Majesty Emperor Stormont III

(Stadium announcer) CONGRATULATIONS TO DOMESTON CHAMPIONS OF THE FIRST EVER URSC-SCJU SIM CALCIO TOURNAMENT

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

pipishere

OMG your fancy photoshop is starting to make my eyes hurt it's so fabulous!!  :D

Great update and congratulations on hosting a great event!

bat

Excellent pictures of the celebration, belfastuniguy! Fantastic work! :thumbsup:

Yoder7652

great pics...the union day celebration and the football tournament look great. The photoshoping for the fireworks is well-done, a great trick! Can't wait till you get more updates here.

dragonshardz

<RADIO STATIC>

(Begin Message)

The Republic of Bodhrannia greets the Imperial Republic of Atlantis and desires to open diplomatic relations. A more formal message will be forthcoming. Please message "Dragonshardz" with reply. Also, we request the technology required for the AeroTubeEXpress in exchange for the technology required for interstellar starships.

Respectfully,
Prime Chancellor Agustus Niraani

(End Message)

Emperor Stormont

Strechnitz - Well you know me Hubert, I do like to display the wealth of Atlantis and what better way with a fabulous commerce zone.

The ATEX is created by 2ch, I would post a link but can't be bothered to find it, instead I'll email you the files :)

urban - So pleased you like the update I am very fussy when it comes to city building and glad you noticed

Pip - Yay, glad you liked the mosaic and the images, your views are always appreciated

Eddie - I've no idea why oppie's canals look polluted, only happens when they are powered, it's very annoying. So pleased you liked the parks and symmetry, I love creating large public spaces

bat - So pleased you liked the park and stadium, took a good while to so, but worth it I believe.

Nova Vesfalo - simply wonderful to have you visit. I know it's all out of scale, most of my cities are, but as you mentioned that's what makes them breath taking. The buildings with no road access is simply due to the era Atlantis is based. We are based in the furture and those buildings have underground travel pod stations as well as underground parking. Atlantis places more emphasis on how everything looks and creating a beautiful space to live and work. Hence why many things just would not work in today's world. However a very valid point :)

Kimcar - so pleased I have overwhelmed you with beauty and spectactularness (that a word) :)

bat - so pleased to see you back and glad you liked the fireworks

Strechnitz - The Emperor was pleased to have such praise from Stropon and I'm happy you liked the update so much.

Pip - I know, I'm loving photoshop (now I have started to learn how to use it) I'm sorry for hurting your eyes with such wonderfulness, but also I'm not :)

bat - here again :) lovely to have you back and so pleased you enjoyed that update, I really liked creating it.

Yoder - Fantastic to see you Ryan and I'm so happy you liked the fireworks and update. As I mentioned to Pip, only started using photoshop and loving it.

Dragonshardz - Many thanks for visiting and for the offer. The matter is under consideration by His Majesty's Imperial Government and you will be updated in due course.

Ok folks I'm sorry but there is no update this time round, I have been very busy and going on holiday soon. However I am working on a remaster of this CJ and will involve improved images, graphics, headers and some simply fabulous new updates to come. So please do come back and visit once the re-working has been completed.

This started as my first CJ and it still is but it is now over 6 months old and needs some changes.

Some Updates to come -

Persues - The Atlantan Imperial Colony on Atlantica Alba
Governmental Updates
State Visit by the Emperor of Stropon
State Visit by the King of Osturland
The newly redeveloped Atlantis International Airport
Atlantis Fashion Week
The new Atlantan Imperial Palace and Government Quarter

and much more so please be patient and I will return with more fabulousness

Teaser of Perseus

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Yoman

Can't wait for that airport! its going to be an airport right? Not a space port :P ?

Strechnitz

The URSC SCJU match is a stunning update. A very nice storey which takes the reader and keeps him captivated till the end. Very nicely crafted pictures you used too.

I look forward to your planned updates  :)

Strechnitz.