• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

namspopof

I agree, 4 tiles is short. 7.5 will be good.  :thumbsup:
Good job, the model is perfect.

STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

gn_leugim

I am not saying the station is wrong in length, I just hadn't idea it was that length. ^^

noahclem

The station is looking great Arthur  &apls  It looks about ready for LE I think....

art128

Thanks guys!

Vortext they are coming, I'll export it this afternoon!

Gn_Leugim, I know :P I was just saying that :)

Noah you're right, it's about time to export this!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

I take it from your comments that you are planning some planter boxes with shrubs and/or flowers for the 'empty' end then?

IMO it will look fine with or without them.   With them it would have more green appeal, without them it is simply utilitarian...functional but not 'pretty'.  You could even go so far as to have 2 versions, one with the greenery, one without, if you so desire.

Its looking very good as it is.  Well done thus far.  :thumbsup:

art128

Hello everyone

I decided to leave the platform empty of wildness, it doesn't look that nice with ...

Here are two ingame shots.

There's a little glitch sometime ( almost all the time ;_;) with the concrete path texture.. as it is one texture overlay with the rail crossing and the concrete, I had to use another overlay on the other side.. And I guess you all know the game doesn't like when you out two overlays on the same tile. The glitch make the concrete appear OVER the rail overlay on the other side instead of going UNDER. It's quite annoying as it happens most of the time in close ups.

Also do you find the station over-scaled? Someone told me that it was too big..

Also² I can't find good rail textures which makes two tracks centered and then two tracks on the sides, I had to use a standard junction and then cover it with some flora.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Looks nice though it does appear a bit too big. Then again, I also feel most Japanese BATs are underscaled. . So maybe compare it with other content.

Quote from: art128 on September 24, 2012, 01:12:37 PM
Also² I can't find good rail textures which makes two tracks centered and then two tracks on the sides, I had to use a standard junction and then cover it with some flora.

Check out WMP Megatexture Pack at the bottom of the page , I think it has everything you'll need.

Also, shadows!  &dance
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

art128

Thank you Aaron! :D

Vortext I love you! That's just what I needed!   &dance ()flower()

Here's a new picture with the new texture in place:

On the three of them, click for full size

And here's a comparison of size with other buildings.

Click for full size on both

Props & Texture Catalog

threestooges

I love a good center platform station, and there's only one other that sticks out in my mind at the moment, so this is certainly a welcome addition. I realize the practicality of implementing the design in the game could be a bit cumbersome, but have you thought about an over/underpass for the busier lines so that people don't have to walk across the tracks? I know that runs the risk of visual paths to nowhere, but having seen several such additions in Real Life where cities are afraid people will be too stupid to stay off the tracks, it seems like it could be a neat little (and highly unnecessary) detail.
-Matt

Shark7

The size looks fine to me.  I'm guessing that it could service 3-4 passenger cars down each side.  Granted I've only ridden a passenger train once in my life, but IIRC, the station platform could service about half a dozen cars.

The one thing I do have to compare it with locally is the loading dock at our old (now gone) oil mill.  The concrete platform was large enough to drive a 1 ton truck down and was at about a couple hundred yards long. (1 yard = approximately 1 meter).  Of course it was designed to service both cotton trailers and tanker cars, which explains the large size.  The dock itself ran along the width of 2 or 3 warehouses and the length of the oil mill.  I haven't been out there in a while, so my memory on the exact layout of the facility is a bit fuzzy.

gn_leugim

will be a good addition indeed, great work ;)  &apls

noahclem

Looks awesome Arthur  &apls

I would suggest moving the model so that the end of the platform furthest from where people enter the station is closer to where the tracks come together. It looks like it could be almost a tile closer to that spot and I think the station will look much nicer if the tracks run close to the platform  :thumbsup:

Dantes

Wow  :o Look great  :thumbsup: Because I like green base texture more than cement  :) Fantastic pitures at this way   &apls &apls &apls

Aaron Graham

Wow!!! I have to say you have done a great job on these. :thumbs:

I love the first four pictures, they make the station look a lot better. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

io_bg

Looking great :thumbsup:
Quote from: noahclem on September 25, 2012, 01:05:09 AMI would suggest moving the model so that the end of the platform furthest from where people enter the station is closer to where the tracks come together. It looks like it could be almost a tile closer to that spot and I think the station will look much nicer if the tracks run close to the platform  :thumbsup:
Agreed, it would be nice if the tracks followed the curve of the platform.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Thanks guys! I've put the platform more like you had suggested.

I need help concerning the pathing, how and with what I am able to path the station so that the trains follow the tracks?

Props & Texture Catalog

nbvc

vortext

&blush  :D

About the size though, in the fourth pic it looks like the tram would have some serious trouble opening the doors as the platform is almost half the height of the carriage. In addition the turnstile seems to be about the same size as the van on the road behind it. So yes, I'd say it needs to be scaled back a bit, especially heightwise.

As for pathing, up untill now I haven't bothered with it yet (though that may change in the near future as I seem to have some unbridgeable gaps in my transit system otherwise   %wrd) but Daeley's Pathing Tool seems to come in handy, as well as this tutorial by Mandelsoft. The latter is for puzzle pieces but surely the section on pathing contains relevant information.

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Thanks for the input vortext. I'll try to scale it down a little ( not too much though) and render it for the weekend.

And thanks for the links about pathing! Looks like I'll have a busy weekend!

Props & Texture Catalog