• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WEST END

Started by paroch, September 01, 2007, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hey Paul welcome back to the MD world and playing sc4 lol  ;D Hey you know what we all get that way so no need to appoligez it happens... But hey your back Paul and that is what is counting here!!! Great update and I do look forward to seeing more!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

All the things done there are fantastic Paul. &apls
This airport is very detailed and the result is very nice.

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

threestooges

Hello again Paul. It's good to see you're back in action again. Glad to see things are calming down, and there's nothing wrong with taking a break from things. I like the selection of airport hotels and the whole area in general looks pretty good. One thing that caught my attention though, was the tunnel entrance in 79.04. Is there a particular plugin you used for that? It's different from the defult style I have on my lines and, if it is custom, it's something I could certainly use. Thanks for the info on the airport stuff. I'll give a look around the LEX. I know I have a few packs already, but getting things all put together is the tough part. Just a matter of time though. Take it easy, and I'll talk to you later.
-Matt

Jmouse

Glad you're back in the game, Paul. West End looks good as ever, and you've definitely done the right thing by adding hotels to the greater airport complex - it just makes sense to do so. Those are some excellent scenes you've chosen for the update - the whole thing is put together very well. The thoughtful preplanning shows. Think I'll book a room at the Courtyard with a waterfront view!

79.06 is stunning. The way the highway, the El, the airport and the nearby neighborhoods fit together is incredible. Carnaby isn't too shabby either! ;D I like those buildings just to the left of City Hall. And forgive me if my memory has slipped a gear again, but I don't recall seeing palm trees (79.09 and .10) in West End before.

Your 'burbs always look great,
and the overview (79.12) is just amazing. It's the best one you've ever shown. I'm saving that photo right now to use as a guideline.

Later...

Joan

thundercrack83

Welcome back, Paul, my good friend!

It's so wonderful to see thing up and running here in WEST END again--the airport looks magnificent, and I love the overview of the hotels that you've provided, it's always great to know what you're options are if you have a layover!

Also, it's good to see the monorail in use, too. It's an oft-overlooked transportation mode that I'm quite a fan of!

Can't wait to see more!

Take care, Paul!

Dustin

paroch

Sebes:  Thanks there Sebes.  Still not fired the game up but have a little update here.

Fabian:  The best room at the Best Western has been reserved for you Fabian – next time you're in West End it's there for you!!  Thanks for the comment and I hope you like your part in this update.

David:  Congrats on 1,600 posts there.  And thanks for the compliment.  I'm not sure that it's perfect though!!  Thanks for that link, I will get them soon (probably at the same time I get NAM09).

Sciurus:  Welcome to West End – good to see you here.  Thanks for the comment and yes, I will try to get a whole region view to post soon.

Maarten:  Thanks for the comment and yes, you're right – looks like West End bus drivers are a little crazy!

Pat:  Cheers my friend – yeah, I'm back!!

Arthur:  Thanks there.  I hope you like your part in this update.

Matt:  Cheers Matt – I always enjoy your comments.  I kinda figured all airports I know in RL have plenty of hotels, so why should Sisson be any different!  As for the tunnel – I've had it for sooooooo long I can't be sure which it is.  I have two possibles I've found in my plugins – one is Jeronij's BRF Slope and Tunnel mod and the other is a file called "tunnel.dat".  I guess JRJ's is on the LEX- but as for "tunnel.dat" - I'm not sure, it's an old file dated Feb 2006.  I guess it came from the STEX, but if you'd like me to send the file to you please PM me your email address.

Joan:  I feel bad we've not caught up for ages Joan, so it's always good to see you here.  Thanks for the great comment as well.  I enjoyed putting the hotels together and thought adding the logos would just make a change!  79.04 was a bit of a cheat – as I had to take two pics and stick them together to get both the train and monorail in together!!
I'm glad you like 79.06 as I was also pleased how the area came out.  As for palm trees – there have been one or two – I try not to have them but some lots seem to insist on them!  And the region is taking shape but with my three large quad rebuilds coming up it's going to have to go backwards before we can progress.

Dustin:  Thanks Dustin and sorry I've not been over to Marathon for a while.  You're right the monorail is not used that often and in West End it's only used to link the airport with the major cities (so far).

Regular visitors will know that West End is a member of IPON – the Independent Pact Of Nations.  This is a CJ/MD union that has been running since November 2007 and currently has nine members.  West End has been a member since January 2008.  We've recently held our seventh summit in Tientsin Fort-Bayart.

Yesterday, 21st February was IPON Day of Peace and to contribute to the celebration West End produced this video that showcases the nine IPON members.

http://www.youtube.com/v/34g_QiICogI&hl=en&fs=1

I hope you enjoyed the video and if you'd like to know more about IPON or maybe even think about joining our union the follow this link or feel free to PM me.

'til next time.......... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Jmouse

Hey Paul, what a wonderful idea! I'm kind of partial to West End - don't tell the others :-X - but you can tell them I enjoyed their scenes in the video.

It's good to see you and West End back in the game...
Joan

art128

Paul, this video is just fantastic my friend, excellent work on it.  &apls
One reproach, the pictures you used for Maroanestra are olds ones, actually the spot you taken in these picture are from my last region actually abandoned by bugs, and was done a long time before I join IPON... that would be great if you used more recent pictures from my mosaics!  :thumbsup:

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Update 79 is really nice! You have a really great city there! It looks beautiful!
And the video is also very nice!!! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

This video is very very excellent!! &apls &apls I just can congratulate you about this, because I think it was very difficult to rezalize this, wasn't it?
Just a question: I'm very interesting about the song, what's its title please? ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Schulmanator

Nicely done! A great video for a great occasion!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Ennedi

Hello Paul, I'm very glad seeing you back active and smiling  :)

Great airport and hotel area! :thumbsup: My favourite shot is the region view (the last picture in update 79). It is really fantastic! :thumbsup:
I looked at your video with a great interest. I didn't know very much about IPON, but I like it! And these worlds - "Keep on smiling, the world will smile with you" - are very close to my heart  :). Thank you for sharing these ideas here!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

dedgren

That's a really well put together video, Paul, and whetted my interest in visiting several of the other IPON MDs.  WEST END is always a treat to visit, and it's great that you've hung in there with it for this long.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

warconstruct

Beautiful vidéo  &apls very good job !
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

paroch

Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all your great comments for the IPON video I posted last time.

My time seems to be taking me in different directions at the moment, and I am not able to devote the time I'd like to be able towards West End.  So I think it's time for this MD to go inactive.  I do hope to be back at some stage in the near future and I will drop by the site from time to time to see what's happening.

A BIG thanks to evryone who has supported West End this far - you've helped make it one of the few MDs to go through the 1,000 comments milestone which is something I've been proud to do.

Hope to catch up with you all soon,

Paul

Ennedi

Sad to hear it Paul, but all of us are real people and we have real life  :) That's very nice you told us something about your situations and plans. We make virtual cities, but all what happens here is a little part of the real life too  :)
And the most important, you have some real friends here!
Thank you for your visit, I hope something will happen in West End in future (or maybe in another place?), Please visit us in the meantime just to say hi  :thumbsup:

Personally West End means many nice memories for me and I will remember them!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Paul say it aint soooo man nooo you cant goo!!! But if you must I understand and its been a great run with West End and I hope to see you back here soon again...

Wishing you all the best your friend,

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sebes

Sorry to hear that one of my favorite MD's is going into the inactivity dungeons of SC4D....  I guess you will the updating and eagerly awaiting comments as well! I am for one looking forward to the date that you decide to revive West End again...  Untill than: stay in touch!  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Sciurus

Oh, sorry, it's a big shame for your city, which was beautiful :'(
But I asked you where you found the song, and you didn't answer me, please ;D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Nexis4Jersey

Oh ,  :'(I'm so sorry to hear that RL is taking hold of your life and devotion to the West End, it may be a fate that falls on me to , as i go to community collage in the fall...... :'(

~Corey