• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's NYBT BATs

Started by seraf, July 21, 2014, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bipin

Great progress so far!  :thumbsup: In regards to your shadow issue, I may have a solution. Now, this doesn't always work, but perhaps you could try exporting the model as a few meters underground, then raise it (make sure it is a prop) in lot editor. Additionally, try using very tight LODs.

seraf

APSMS - I wanted to make it that way from the beginning and I mostly succeeded :)

Aaron Graham - Thank you :)

noahclem - In the final version there's much more snow on the building :) And while HD render indeed looks nice and you can see more of details that aren't really visible now, the Zoom5 isn't looking very nice :( So I resolved on not exporting the building in HD. Thank you for comment! :)

Bipin - Thank you :) I tried to do what you said but it didn't helped, I was able to minimize the shadow though. It's much less noticeable now I think.

I was quiet those few days while I was finishing the exporting and modding of University Club, everything is done except one thing. There are four timed props, two for "normal" (summer) version (one before and one after 4th of July), one 4th of July and one for winter. Summer version before July is visible by default and is turned off while three other versions appear (they are visible only in their special state). Everything would be great and sweet but the version visible by default for some reason isn't casting shadow. I don't know why because it has the property "is ground model" set on true and there isn't anything like "no shadows". When I set it as always visible (restore RK Type 1) the shadow is OK.

So... can anyone help me? :(

vortext

Quote from: seraf on August 25, 2014, 11:17:17 AM
Everything would be great and sweet but the version visible by default for some reason isn't casting shadow.

When using RKT4 the game only casts a shadow for the first model it encounters. So my guess is you need to switch the models for special & normal state around. And on a related note, you can actually leave out the invisible model (assuming you're using one) and set the RKT4 with just 8 reps for the visible model.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

seraf

Thank you for your answer. I did that the first time but I realized that you need to wait for the date of first "change" for building to appear. I can leave it like that but won't it be annoying for players? (And well...not really "nice" solution).

Girafe

Same has been done for Amthaak Peninsula and I didn t hear about complain. At least you will have one seasonal and one standard version :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

seraf

Thank you very much Girafe! :)

University Club is now available on STEX :)

deora

Wow Seraf, the Building looks sweet ingame.Everything works fine and also the several seasonal changes work perfect.
Thank you for putting so much work into this &apls

See,i already placed it at the right corner.Too bad the surrounding buildings are covering it.Maybe if i pretend that one of the newer skyscrapers near the University Club was torn down to make way for a nice green park.... ::)

Any clues or hints for all the NYBT Fans out there what`s next?

Girafe

Good job, thanks for releasing,

The bricks texture is maybe a little bit too bright compared to existing content  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

seraf

deora - Thank you, I'm glad you like it :) And I'm used to the fact that my creations are dwarfed/covered by work of other BATers ;)

Girafe - Thank you :) You mean brick as a brick in the back and alley elevations or the stone blocks on the facades? I aimed for the color and brightness of the real materials, that being said, the color of stone on the facade is quite difficult to recreate. It can appear in at least five colors, depending on the time of the day, year or the weather so... :D

Aaron Graham

Wonderful work on the upload buddy. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

seraf

Thank you Aaron :)

The City Hall Park Fountain I've been working on is finished and is now avilable on STEX :)

And winter version:

deora

Ah what a cool little fountain.Love the yellowish nightlights and the reflections on the water.
Luckily the Manhatan Townhall already exists,so i had to start the little Park which includes the Fountain, the City Hall and that other building (forgot it`s name,something with Tweed.....was it Tweed Court or something?).Sadly the other building doesn`t exist so i used the original Maxis City Hall as a substitude.

Thanks for uploading that neat little fountain.

seraf

Yes, Tweed Courthouse - symbol of corruption in New York City ;) I'm glad you like the fountain, it looks nice in the park you made :)

Next project: Manhattan Municipal Building

Aaron Graham

Looking good, love the clay render. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

romualdillo

Great start!!! I love your fountain, too. It is a masterpiece!!  &apls

deora

QuoteYes, Tweed Courthouse - symbol of corruption in New York City ;) I'm glad you like the fountain, it looks nice in the park you made

Ah right,Tweed Courthouse it was.Oh and thanks but i noticed the fountain was placed on the wrong spot.Instead of having a closer look at the city Hall Park,i just plopped the fountain where Google Maps says "City Hall Park" instead of placing it next to the spot where the park narrows down to a triangle shape....

As for your newest project:Are you a Mindreader?
I ask because while building the City Hall Park and dragging the streets for the surroundings,i thought "Man that would be cool if the Manhattan Municipal Building would exist for SC4".
and now you are already working on it!
Looks really great and with amazing details.I bet this will take a long time until finished,i mean it`s a bis building with lots of tiny bits and bytes (a little funfact from me: few years ago i always thought this is the actual city hall of Manhattan.I mean it looks kinda like a classic City Hall standing on a similar shaped tower,and hey,big cities need big City Hals,right?)
No oubt this will be another fine beauty for SC4.
Have a nice Weekend.

seraf

Thank you guys for the comments :) It's been quiet here, those past two months but I will try and update more regularly. I don't have "full" update this time, recently I worked on another part of Municipal Building. I'm not really pleased because it turns out that those details I was working on aren't really visible even on HD render so... it looks I just wasted time :/ But well...

SD:

HD:

noahclem

Well, technically you could render it in higher resolution than HD, scaling the building up before rendering and then scaling it back down in Model Tweaker, and that could be viewed in all it's glorious detail in game by going to closer-than-zoom-6 view using the "sizeof" cheat. Wouldn't be likely to get much use but I promise if you do it I'll take a few nice pictures in game ;)  :squirrel:

For what it's worth your work so far looks excellent regardless of zoom or render  &apls

romualdillo

Looking great!! I think in HD looks fantastic!!  :thumbsup:

c.p.

Quote from: seraf on November 27, 2014, 08:55:53 AM
Thank you guys for the comments :)  recently I worked on another part of Municipal Building. I'm not really pleased because it turns out that those details I was working on aren't really visible even on HD render so... it looks I just wasted time :/ But well...

It looks awesome anyway, even in SD :thumbsup: