• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eloaria (23 April 2016- City near the river)

Started by Kergelen, October 07, 2011, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim_link

Beautiful! It feels so realistic, like many beachfront areas I have personally visited.
I especially love 29.5 and 29.8 - those pics are stunning. Great work!  ;D

rambuckel

This is like summer holidays!!!! Brilliant pictures!  &apls &apls &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

benedict

I think you have outdone yourself here - these images are simply amazing.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Schulmanator

Lovely. Sure brightens a winter day seeing these. :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Nanami

Looks great! Those MMP pathway really nice there!

vortext

Excellent work! The level of realism and detail is outstanding.  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Fasan

Hello Kergelen!
I'm the first time here and I am very impressed by the Pictures and your Work. Great performance you Show here. The use of MMPs you succeed very well.  &apls
Greeting Fasan  ;)

Kergelen

Hi all!!! :) :bnn:

Firt of all, thanks for your comments RepublicMaster, Gugu3, tb7, sim_link, rambuckel, benedict, Schulmanator, Kisa Atsuko and Fasan:)

It has been almost eleven months since last update  ::). I'm still developing the region from time to time and I didn't forget about SC4Devotion and Eloaria. I do not have as much time as before but I'm here with a new update.

I did some mediterranean modding, like some new growable fields (vineyards, olives and apple crops) and I was also working on a Mediterranean Tree Controller modifiing Aerden Tree Controller by vortext. In many of the pictures you can see the results although I'm not satisfaied yet (too much poplars) . I know the best way to make a tree controller isn't moddyfing a previous one, but it's the easiest way I know according to my modding knowledge.

May you remember a teaser picture I posted a year and a half ago? Well, I finally finish that part of my region. In this area I tried to recreate a typical Mediterranean landscape. The landscape is the result of a typical farming of the medieval period, where the monks were often the owners of the land and they made vine and olive oil among other products. Nowadays we can still found vineyards and olives crops surrounding old monasteries. I also show some suburbs arround the fields and near a lake.

This is the 30th Eloaria Update!

This is Salvia, a small town near Merkine (main city)

Hope you like it!

That's all for today. I'll probably will come here with more pictures during Christmas.

Greetings!!  :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

vortext

The area surrounding the monetary is lovely, I want to go there!   &apls

The terraced farms fields are a great idea, might have to steal that.  ;D

By the looks of it you've done good job with the tree controller as well, though I'd liked to see fall pictures for full appreciation. ;)

Looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Vizoria

romualdillo

Great pictures!! &apls The fields look fantastic

Quote from: vortext on December 15, 2014, 10:08:16 AM

Yes, of course they are!!!  :thumbsup: I noticed them in the first picture, and I thought the same.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Gugu3

Amazing! &apls &apls As an italian I recognise that kind of landscape :P
Cheers
Guglielmo

vester

Those curving hills, I love them.

Just wonderful landscape.

kbieniu7

Wow!  :o Those details!
What I really like in your shots, is the shape of a terrain - It's really visible, I mean: you can see hills, slopes, stream valleys. When I build and look at my landscapes, I often find it flat-looking - if I cover the ground with fields or trees.
Great work!  :thumbsup:

Kamil
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Shark7

That is some of the best landscaping I've seen in game.  And that mansion(?) on the hill...is it for sale?  I'd love to live in a place like that.  ;D

You've even managed to keep the industrial area in the village from looking so...industrial.

Great job.  :thumbsup:

Nanami

Awesome rural area! the farming area really done very well there!

Kergelen

Hi  :)

I bring more new pictures, this time urban pictures from diferent places of Merkine city center.

Last days I've changed Paeng sidewalk mod to one from Gobias and I also downladed SCILT by c.p.. I'm really satisfied with the result but most of the pictures are taked some days ago when I had still using Paeng mod.

I also want to highlight the importance of MDs for the community. Some time ago I though the most important work for improving the game was modding and BATing work. Of course that are very important, but I realised about the importance of the MDing, because the MDs are the work to put all the things together and show the results to the community. MD's are the resum of all the work from a big amount of creators. Currently I think MD are also important to share ideas and ways to builds cities and landscapes what is also important to complement BATing and Modding works. Once again, thanks for all the people who contributes in some way to make SC4 what is nowadays  &apls It's a great thing that in our world and our economic system we can collaboratively build something. :thumbsup:

A similar place with Gobias mod

Same place with Gobias mod

More picture from Salvia, a small town near the main city.

And now the replies

The area surrounding the monetary is lovely, I want to go there!   &apls

By the looks of it you've done good job with the tree controller as well, though I'd liked to see fall pictures for full appreciation. ;)

Looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:

I'm glad you noticed the terraced farms and of course you can steal that  :D. That's the main point of sharing pictures: learn from others and bring something to the community to improve our creations and ways to play. Thanks! :thumbsup:
The seasonal pictures with the Med Tree controller aren't very impressive, mainly because most of the trees aren't seasonal. That's the only reason sometimes I'm not satisfied with the Mediterranean style and I think about starting with other style, to enjoy the seasonal trees.  ::)

Quote from: Vizoria on December 15, 2014, 10:16:34 AM
Amazing farms and vineyards!
Thanks a lot!

Quote from: romualdillo on December 15, 2014, 02:39:24 PM
Great pictures!! &apls The fields look fantastic

Yes, of course they are!!!  :thumbsup: I noticed them in the first picture, and I thought the same.

Great you noticed the terraced fields. Thanks  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Girafe on December 18, 2014, 01:37:21 AM
Landscapes are beautiful  ::)

Thanks Girafe  :)
Quote from: Gugu3 on December 18, 2014, 01:43:56 AM
Amazing! &apls &apls As an italian I recognise that kind of landscape :P
Cheers
Guglielmo

Good to know you recognise the essence this mediterranean landscape. Yeah, it could be an italian landscape  :)

Quote from: vester on December 18, 2014, 06:52:58 AM
Those curving hills, I love them.

Just wonderful landscape.

Thanks a lot!!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on December 23, 2014, 09:40:23 AM
Wow!  :o Those details!
What I really like in your shots, is the shape of a terrain - It's really visible, I mean: you can see hills, slopes, stream valleys. When I build and look at my landscapes, I often find it flat-looking - if I cover the ground with fields or trees.
Great work!  :thumbsup:

Kamil

Well, probably you build in flat terrains because Poland is mainly flat (as far as I know). You know I also like your natural and rural landscapes.

Quote from: Shark7 on December 28, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
That is some of the best landscaping I've seen in game.  And that mansion(?) on the hill...is it for sale?  I'd love to live in a place like that.  ;D

You've even managed to keep the industrial area in the village from looking so...industrial.

Great job.  :thumbsup:

Thanks!! Industrials aren't my especiallity but I do my best watching other MDs, and I'm glad you like it :)

Quote from: Kisa Atsuko on December 30, 2014, 12:43:09 AM
Awesome rural area! the farming area really done very well there!

Thanks Kisa  :)

See you in the forums!!

Links to SC4 websites

Shark7

Again your landscaping is superb.  You really have an eye for the nature stuff in game, and make it flow seamlessly into your towns and cities.  The farms look like they just fell perfectly into place.

I realize you take a lot of time getting it right, it shows.  :thumbsup:

And seeing what can be done shows me that I should take a little more time with my own cities.  :-[

Gugu3

Very nice pictures as always! &apls &apls

Looking good with Gobias mod :P